Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Heskey to Villa for £3.5mill confirmed by Villa.

Dirt cheap compared to Brucey's valuation of him.

In today's market that's a terribly low price. Is he out of contract in June? I can't see why else he's been allowed to leave for so little.

Yeah, he's out of contract. But I'm sure Bruce said it'd take double figures to get him. :lol:

He is supposedly going to receive his first full German cap next month. Which isn't half bad for a 19 year old playing in a lower league.

It wasn't that long ago Germany wouldn't have any Black players in their squad they seem to have adopted a much more multi-ethnic attitude in recent years in regards to the picking of their squad good to see though not sure race and nationality has ever been so healthy in football.

That reminds me - what's Odonkor up to? He looked as fast as anything, decent right winger in the few times I saw him for Germany. (Just signed him in PES too....)

only good in PES

Odonkor is terrible. An awful player. All he has is pace. No control, can't cross, can't shoot and generally can't really do anything that involves striking a ball well. Aaron Lennon on a bad day is him on a fantastic day. Amazed he's played in a WC semifinal.

Bullard has signed for Hull City.

Glad we haven't signed him now to be honest, signing for them shows his obvious lack of ambition. We don't need to sign people like him who are simply chasing the £££'s.

Glad we haven't signed him now to be honest, signing for them shows his obvious lack of ambition. We don't need to sign people like him who are simply chasing the £££'s.

That's amazing. I didn't think Fulham would accept £5m and I certainly didn't think he'd actually go there.

As you say, perhaps we've dodged a bullet.

Dirt cheap compared to Brucey's valuation of him.

In today's market that's a terribly low price. Is he out of contract in June? I can't see why else he's been allowed to leave for so little.

Yeah, he's out of contract. But I'm sure Bruce said it'd take double figures to get him. :lol:

It would appear, contrary to popular belief, Bruce's price is not right...

Sorry, slow day...

He has always looked a very good foil for Michael Owen in past England games and at £3.5 million extraordinarily cheap, surprised were not in for him to be honest.

So you seriously think he would come here with Owen on his way out, us showing zero ambition and on the verge of relegation? As opposed to Villa, riding high in the table, all sweet and fine with the manager and owner and fans all clappy happy?

Can I have some of your happy pills?

That's amazing. I didn't think Fulham would accept £5m and I certainly didn't think he'd actually go there.

Have you seen our central midfielders?

Have you seen his wage demands ;)

Fuck me..are you telling me Hull can afford to pay bigger wages than Newcastle United now? The shame of it... :jesuswept:

Guest Mucky01

f*** me..are you telling me Hull can afford to pay bigger wages than Newcastle United now? The shame of it... :jesuswept:

yep, get use to it, as Hull don’t have Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Duff, Smith, Barton, etc on their wage bill.

He has always looked a very good foil for Michael Owen in past England games and at £3.5 million extraordinarily cheap, surprised were not in for him to be honest.

So you seriously think he would come here with Owen on his way out, us showing zero ambition and on the verge of relegation? As opposed to Villa, riding high in the table, all sweet and fine with the manager and owner and fans all clappy happy?

Can I have some of your happy pills?

No I think your right if it was a straight choice between the clubs Martin O'Neil being the biggest factor I would of thought.

However at £3.5 million it wouldn't of been too difficult to have been the front runners if we were prepared to pay higher then everyone else.

Guest toonlass

would have been worth paying bullard 100k a week if he could keep newcastle in the premiership

He wouldn't have though, definitely over-rated imo

Bullard is a good player and would of improved us but at 30, costing £5m and on wages of £60k p/w Im not sure he'd represent value for money.

would have been worth paying bullard 100k a week if he could keep newcastle in the premiership

That type of attitude is exactly the reason why we are in so much shit at the moment.

Guest justin99.

That type of attitude is exactly the reason why we are in so much s*** at the moment.

please elaborate.

Guest justin99.

bullard > butt, barton, guthrie

simple as that

f*** that, he wouldn't improve our central midfield.. we need a big tackling b****** there.. I would've played Bullard on the right, regardless how good he is there

well obviously I disagree; means nothing now anyway