Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Gerrard sh*t-stirring to get Barry to join Liverpool. 

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3630182,00.html

I don't really care about the Scousers or the Villans one way or the other, but if Gerrard (or anyone else for that matter) tried to do that to one of our best players I would be fuming.  It has to be considered tapping up, surely?  But because one of the top 4 is doing it, it's fine...  :angry:

rio ferdinand when at leeds to kieron dyer when he was playing well springs to mind.

This half Brazilian kid sounds better...............

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=514499&idseccio_PK=803

Google translation:  ................Zizinho, father of player, explained the daily 'Record' Mexican despite being very close to signing on transfer "is not closed". Former Brazilian footballer added that "it is an honor that teams such as Tottenham are set in Giovani, but there is nothing official yet but is well under way."

The young player and its surroundings have been in contact with Juande Ramos and Giovanni's father said in this connection that "the project that is promising and has offered Giovani ambitious and wants to become great in the Tottenham and helping the team to be. It is true that to leave the club this is a risky decision, but for his qualities seem to be the best option for him, "he said Zizinho.

Quotes from his Dad and €8m (£5.8m??) give encouragement.

Guest kingdawson

If that's the price we're paying, than it's a bargain (altough im not sure we need him).

Signing Dos santos, modric and possibly Capel means we're playing one up top next season imo.

why was no-one else in for dos santos, especially at that price!

If he is anything as good as I've heard, and the little I've saw of him, thats gonna be a steal!

It's been widely reported in the media that Inter and Chelsea  have been in for him too (GDS did confirm that as well on his own website), but the issue has been how much playing time he would get at those clubs.  Being stuck behind Messi and Bojan is not good but I doubt it would be much easier for him at those 2 clubs either. 

Having Spanish speaking coaches is said have helped and there is talk that GDS's younger brother Jonathon will be joining Spurs as well, he is reputed to be decent but more likely the main reason would be to help GDS settle in England.  There was something on GDS's personal website that he would make his final decision on 30 June but that has gone in the past couple of days, which I'm hoping is a good sign.

Really not impressed with Dos Santos. Saw him against Mallorca when he came on a few weeks ago and he was awful. Got booed by the Barca fans, which isn't like them when it comes to young players coming through. Nowhere near the standard of Bojan that's for sure.

Really not impressed with Dos Santos. Saw him against Mallorca when he came on a few weeks ago and he was awful. Got booed by the Barca fans, which isn't like them when it comes to young players coming through. Nowhere near the standard of Bojan that's for sure.

I've only seen a little of him ov TV and what's on YouTube, but I'd agree, he's not even close to Bojan.  Still, from what's being said, we'll have a closer look next season.  There's a lot of people saying it's done and an announcement tomorrow (or today).  If that does happen, it would be subject to a medical, he's still recovering from some operation.

he looked realy good in an under 17 tournament a few years iirc. then i saw him more recently in the under 20 championships and he looked like he had barely developed physically and was generally off the pace against the bigger, faster players at that age group. Vela looked like the better prospect by far then. havent seen enough of him at barca to say how he's adapted to senior footie tho.

Whenever I see him come on as a sub he's shown some good technical ability, but he's a bit of a ball-hogger and gets pushed off the ball a bit too easily.

But all in all, I still think he's got massive potential for someone so young and being left-footed also gives him an advantage because of the rarity of good left-sided attacking players out there.

Guest teepee

If that's the price we're paying, than it's a bargain (altough im not sure we need him).

Signing Dos santos, modric and possibly Capel means we're playing one up top next season imo.

probaly, trying to be like the big teams ;-)

seriously though, you should concentrate on that "one" to play on top. imagine if berbatov goes you'd suddenly have tons of creative midfielders but not the strikers you need, now thats an unusual situation for you :D

I've only seen a little of him ov TV and what's on YouTube, but I'd agree, he's not even close to Bojan.  Still, from what's being said, we'll have a closer look next season.  There's a lot of people saying it's done and an announcement tomorrow (or today).  If that does happen, it would be subject to a medical, he's still recovering from some operation.

Who had the medical last Friday by the way? I've not seen a signing reported.

Guest shaun11177

Dos Santos in Barca's last game was sensational, he would be a great signing for Spurs and i just wish we were anywhere near signing a player of that talent.

Modric, Woodgate, Dos Santos Spurs are wiping the floor with us at the moment.

Dos Santos in Barca's last game was sensational, he would be a great signing for Spurs and i just wish we were anywhere near signing a player of that talent.

Modric, Woodgate, Dos Santos Spurs are wiping the floor with us at the moment.

good grief