Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Suprised they haven't bid about £100m for Messi yet seeing how the fascists ended the agreement between the 2 clubs about trying to sign each others players.

Do them sour grapes count as part of your 5 a day? :razz:

And yes Prophet Albiol is official €15m.

Didn't they get an 800 million Euro loan or something daft like that? If it's right they must have a bloody good gurantor...

Their guarantor is basically every local bank. Every local bank that has no wish to see their team go under. Oh, and obviously the government tell the banks that they're in no rush to collect their loans in.

Anyway, as much as people cream over the Barca team, it's not like they stormed the league last season. If they didn't dick on Real with 5(ish) games left to go, then the title would've been very very close. Real won't win the Champions League, not this season at least, but La Liga is always a possibility when you've got an entire season of playing against 14 shite Spanish teams, 4 decent Spanish teams and 1 good Spanish team.

Didn't they get an 800 million Euro loan or something daft like that? If it's right they must have a bloody good gurantor...

Their guarantor is basically every local bank. Every local bank that has no wish to see their team go under. Oh, and obviously the government tell the banks that they're in no rush to collect their loans in.

Anyway, as much as people cream over the Barca team, it's not like they stormed the league last season. If they didn't dick on Real with 5(ish) games left to go, then the title would've been very very close. Real won't win the Champions League, not this season at least, but La Liga is always a possibility when you've got an entire season of playing against 14 shite Spanish teams, 4 decent Spanish teams and 1 good Spanish team.

Sounds exactly like the Premiership.

Guest Roger Kint

If he hadn't played for them already, I reckon Diego Forlan would have been pretty close to the top of Fergie's wishlist.

Rather pay the extra for Kun. Has age and immense talent on his side

Anyway, as much as people cream over the Barca team, it's not like they stormed the league last season. If they didn't dick on Real with 5(ish) games left to go, then the title would've been very very close. Real won't win the Champions League, not this season at least, but La Liga is always a possibility when you've got an entire season of playing against 14 s**** Spanish teams, 4 decent Spanish teams and 1 good Spanish team.

They didn't?  What more could they have done?  Scored miles more than anyone else, conceded less than everyone else and had only lost 2 games before they gave up at the end of the season with the title wrapped.  Also you gotta remember one of those defeats was Guardiola's first league game when he didn't have the players doing what he wanted, after that they only lost one.

As for 'if they didn't dick on Real', how is that Barca's fault?  They did dick on Real because they were the better team by far that game and for the whole season.

Anyway, as much as people cream over the Barca team, it's not like they stormed the league last season. If they didn't dick on Real with 5(ish) games left to go, then the title would've been very very close. Real won't win the Champions League, not this season at least, but La Liga is always a possibility when you've got an entire season of playing against 14 s**** Spanish teams, 4 decent Spanish teams and 1 good Spanish team.

They didn't?  What more could they have done?  Scored miles more than anyone else, conceded less than everyone else and had only lost 2 games before they gave up at the end of the season with the title wrapped.  Also you gotta remember one of those defeats was Guardiola's first league game when he didn't have the players doing what he wanted, after that they only lost one.

As for 'if they didn't dick on Real', how is that Barca's fault?  They did dick on Real because they were the better team by far that game and for the whole season.

dick on real = that 6-2 game. I was referring to that 1 game.

I simply mean: Barca won by 9 points. Both Barca and Real officially gave up after that 6-2 match, I think it's fair to say. People act like Barca ROMPED home with a 30 point difference or something.

I don't at all claim Real will be the better side, but it's far from beyond possibility that they could take La Liga over the course of a season. After all, everyone was saying how SHIT the Real Madrid team were this year, so do people not think C.Ronaldo, Kaka, Albiol and Benzema will get them an extra 9 points?

Didn't they have a +70 goal difference?

Madrid will catch up with the players they've got. Barca still have an amazing team but Madrid's team is going to give all competitions a good go with the talent they've bought and i'm not sure its going to stop there.

Surely a LB now and they've got an amazing defence as well?

------------------Casillas--------------

S. Ramos--Pepe-R. Albiol--Heinze

----------one of the Diarra's--------

Saying that Heinze isn't too shabby, and all that before putting out which Kaka/Ronaldo/Sneijder/Robben/Gago/VdV/Higuain/Raul/Huntelaar/RVN/Benzema and possibly Ribery (has Villa signed yet?) combo in attack  :kasper:

Players that didn't even make any of that squad thoughts include Metzelder/Marcelo/RDLR/Guti/Drenthe.

Just don't know how Barca are going to fight off that challenge, its going to be tough for them, but i hope they do it.

People forget how good Madrid were in the middle part of the La Liga season.

Against the crap teams yeah.  As I said when both Real and Barca came up against the teams around them Barca were a different class.

Against the crap teams yeah.  As I said when both Real and Barca came up against the teams around them Barca were a different class.

Real will win or lose at most 6 points vs. Barcelona. If you thihk those will decide the title, then you are a fool.

dick on real = that 6-2 game. I was referring to that 1 game.

I simply mean: Barca won by 9 points. Both Barca and Real officially gave up after that 6-2 match, I think it's fair to say. People act like Barca ROMPED home with a 30 point difference or something.

I don't at all claim Real will be the better side, but it's far from beyond possibility that they could take La Liga over the course of a season. After all, everyone was saying how s*** the Real Madrid team were this year, so do people not think C.Ronaldo, Kaka, Albiol and Benzema will get them an extra 9 points?

What I was saying though is that Barca couldn't do much more.  No matter how bad Real were they were always going to win their games against the crap teams as Barca did but when Real came up against Sevilla and Valencia they struggled whereas Barca blitzed those teams.

You'll never get a team winning by 30 pts just because its too easy to beat those outside the top 4 as in the PL.  The best Barca could've done was to go unbeaten which they almost did, bar the last few games with the title sewn up.

Real will win or lose at most 6 points vs. Barcelona. If you thihk those will decide the title, then you are a fool.

What are you on about?

Madrid will probably fail. Barca are too strong of a unit - they have a team that is used to playing with each other with their eyes closed. You can't buy that with all the money in the world.

Madrid will probably fail. Barca are too strong of a unit - they have a team that is used to playing with each other with their eyes closed. You can't buy that with all the money in the world.

True dat.

If this new Real side is able to gel properly, however, it will become awesome in a few years.

I reckon next season Barca will pip them to La Liga though, and will probably win the champions league again.

They probably will, you're right. But people are foolish to assume Barca have the title wrapped up before the league has even begun.