Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

lol at Spurs trying to gazump us for Naughton. What a terrible way to do business, cowboy stuff.

Who out of naughton and Walker is the rb at Sheffield United?. I remember it as Naughton playing as the right back and Walker lb, but all these reports is confusing the hell out of me.

I'd be amazed if they bench Santa Cruz for Adebayor

Why? Despite the fact I don't rate either of them, which one is the bigger name? And which one smacks of being an owners signing, and which one smacks of being one of Hughes signings.

Quite funny actually how the owners have given Hughes £50m and told him to go and play in the sand with all the other simpletons whilst they go and do big boys business

Why? Despite the fact I don't rate either of them, which one is the bigger name? And which one smacks of being an owners signing, and which one smacks of being one of Hughes signings.

Quite funny actually how the owners have given Hughes £50m and told him to go and play in the sand with all the other simpletons whilst they go and do big boys business

Santa-Cruz is Hughes' signing clearly, what's your point?

The state of the Polish national team is just pathetic. We gave some Brazilian a citizenship after just two years in the country so that he could play for the national team and now we've gone on to "sign" Obraniak, some French dude who apparently happens to have a Polish grandfather. I've always found it sad and pathetic that players with close to no ties to a certain country can get a citizenship and play for the national team, fair enough we have Podolski, Klose and Trochowski playing for the nazis but speeding up an citizen application just to have some Brazilian play for the national team is going too far in my opinion.

btw: Any of the people here who watch the French league that can tell me if Obraniak is any good?

This sort of thing needs to be done on a case to case basis. It's ludicrous that random Nigerian can just go and play for countries like Qatar or UAE, while players with Nigerian blood like Shola Ameobi (god forbid) or Carlton Cole (before his England cap) are barred from playing for Nigeria.

Obrainak is a decent little player. Pretty skillful and has shown a good shot before. I don't watch enough of Lille to tell whether he's been consistent, etc. but he was electric in the first half of last season. Scored something like 9 goals.

Yep, no constancy it seems. Carlton Cole and Ameobi can't play for Nigeria but a 26 year old Brazilian is eligible to play for Poland?

Then there was this Polish born half-Polish / half-German player (holding a dual-citizenship)  who wasn't allowed to play for the Polish national team because he played some B national games for Germany. Doesn't make sense to me, I'd figure that someone born in the country should be able to play for the national team eventhough he's played a few minutes for another country in some B national games, at least rather than a Brazilian with no blood-ties whatsoever to the country (the same thing happened a few years ago when an young Nigerian came to the country and was granted a speedy citizenship in similar fashion).

Oh joy, now another Brazilian (the 25 year old Hernani Jose Da Rosa) has applied for a Polish citizenship so that he'll eligible to play for the national team.

Not wanting to sound like a racist or anything, but how the hell is this possible? Looks like we might as well rename the team Brazil D.

Santa-Cruz is Hughes' signing clearly, what's your point?

The owners will be telling him to play Adebayor as he'll be costing big bucks and is the bigger name, thats my point.

At one point I was worried that Man City were building an excellent team, now I'm really looking forward to seeing how on earth Hughes is going to cope. It's mental. Surely clubs should be able to pick up people like Bellamy, if only on loan.

Barry and De Jong are better players

hughes plays 3 players in the middle, no?

Don't think barry is that much better than ireland. Ireland's energy, stamina, workrate and runs into the box were invaluable for man city last season. Not to mention he chipped in with fair amount of goals.

Don't think barry is that much better than ireland. Ireland's energy, stamina, workrate and runs into the box were invaluable for man city last season. Not to mention he chipped in with fair amount of goals.

the fact you listed those 3 words together made me laugh

that's only one season though. Your post pretty much perfectly describes Bowyer for Leeds, difficult to repeat

the fact you listed those 3 words together made me laugh

that's only one season though. Your post pretty much perfectly describes Bowyer for Leeds, difficult to repeat

what the fuck? :lol: you don't think ireland possess these 3 things then? :kinnear:

of course he does, but those 3 words add up to the same thing: lots and lots of movement. Bowyer was the same, he was stupidly fit and bursting into the box at the right moment got him lots of goals in one or two season for Leeds. It doesn't last forever though, and i'd be amazed if Ireland is given the same licence to go forward in a team containing Tevez and Santa-Cruz, two proper strikers

lol at Spurs trying to gazump us for Naughton. What a terrible way to do business, cowboy stuff.

Who out of naughton and Walker is the rb at Sheffield United?. I remember it as Naughton playing as the right back and Walker lb, but all these reports is confusing the hell out of me.

Naughton is the right back. We don't need a left back with Baines settled in now which is why we aren't after Walker.

of course he does, but those 3 words add up to the same thing: lots and lots of movement. Bowyer was the same, he was stupidly fit and bursting into the box at the right moment got him lots of goals in one or two season for Leeds. It doesn't last forever though, and i'd be amazed if Ireland is given the same licence to go forward in a team containing Tevez and Santa-Cruz, two proper strikers

Wouldn't necessarily call Tevez a "proper" striker, he's much more of an all round playmaker.

Wouldn't necessarily call Tevez a "proper" striker, he's much more of an all round playmaker.

This.

This.

what I mean was, he's an attacker to be relied on. He isn't an enigma like Bellamy, inexperienced like Cacedio or average at best like Benjani.