Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'd be happy with £7m for Milner. He's a decent player (looked far better for Villa than he has for us) and an honest lad but that's a good fee IMO. A move would probably be best for all parties.

Not sure if already mentioned but Ramsey has signed for Arsenal

Smart boy. If I had the ability at such a young age to pick between the top clubs in the country I wouldn't go anywhere else. He will get the best footballing education there and he will get to play a fair bit too if he does well.

I think the fact that Arsenal, out of the three, were the only club not willing to loan him back to Cardiff speaks volumes to the player.

That they want him there learning from the best and in the best way.

Guest teepee

If Milner goes i would really expect us to be looking at Lennon/SWP/Pennant now

if, and that is a big if, we are to play 4-4-2 we need a new right winger as well as milner imo. he could fill in on both flanks for swp and zoggy - a pretty good cover.

but again, that's assuming we'll play 4-4-2

Guest optimistic nit

i've got to say if we sell milner i would want us to replace him with a foreign winger. the 3 english wingers we've been linked with so far are quick, but very average from a technical point of view, whereas i think a more technical winger with a bit of pace would be a better move. SWP, Pennant and Lennon will all demand fee's more than their worth, and imo with a bit of scouting we could do much better. all 3 are very average imo.

Everton closing on Mouthino according to portugese press

Could be a very good buy them, can see him working well with Arteta. Definitely a step up from Lee Carsley (despite the good job Carsley did)

Could be a very good buy them, can see him working well with Arteta. Definitely a step up from Lee Carsley (despite the good job Carsley did)

Aye the same reports also say thery are in for Veloso

Aye the same reports also say thery are in for Veloso

Does everyone linked with one always have to be linked to t'other n all. Happens w/ every team. FWIW I think Veloso would be more suited to Everton's style of play.

Slate our recruitment policies, and i know it leaves us thin on the ground, but to have acquired close to £20m for Emre, Roz, Shola and Milner is bloody decent business. :thup:

(assuming all deals go through, obviously)

am i the only one that rates milner?? i'd be gutted if we sold him especially for only 7mill. apart from lack of speed, he's a good winger and has a good cross on him. but what i like is that during low periods of the season (like around new year time) he's often the one thats scrapping for everything. in a team of pampered underachievers, the kid has great work rate and i think thats what we'd be losing.

am i the only one that rates milner?? i'd be gutted if we sold him especially for only 7mill. apart from lack of speed, he's a good winger and has a good cross on him. but what i like is that during low periods of the season (like around new year time) he's often the one thats scrapping for everything. in a team of pampered underachievers, the kid has great work rate and i think thats what we'd be losing.

He's the wing version of... (i was gonna say Smith then)... Parker. He's got some ability but he just looks like another grafter style player out there. This isn't to say i don't think he's worth a shot in the middle, because i've maintained that i think that is worth a try.

Like Parker, he's one of those typical players who looks like one of the best players when they're playing. The team benefits more when they're out of the team, though. The end of season run-in is evidence of that iyam. He's always been decent but his, in-particular, lack of ability was holding us back (cos a winger is someone you tend to rely on).

He doesn't have a good cross on him tbh, his deliveries generally lack any pace and it takes him an eternity to get the ball into the box.

These two factors combined mean the crosses generally have to be absolutely inch perfect to have any chance of being converted, and they very rarely are.

He's a useful player to have when you're doing poorly as he'll keep working and might beat his man a few times and maybe create a bit of space here and there, but in a team looking to play good football he's not what you want as he generally takes an age on the ball and rarely does anything of use with it, which can  destroy any tempo the team is trying to build.

£7m would be absolute robbery, IMO.