Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Ok i'm an Atletico fan and i've watched a lot of there games. I'm not exagerrating when i say Hetinga has been an absolute calamity for them. Ridiculously bad i mean, just utter utter garbage.

I watch quite a lot of Atletico as well and I would have to agree.

Although I do think Heitinga played well for Ajax in a somewhat easier league, be interesting to see if he can cut it over here.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ok i'm an Atletico fan and i've watched a lot of there games. I'm not exagerrating when i say Hetinga has been an absolute calamity for them. Ridiculously bad i mean, just utter utter garbage.

How do you rate Aguero?

Sunderland in

Fraizer Campbell

Darren Bent

Lorik Cana

John Mensah (on loan from Lyon)

Paulo da Silva

Lee Cattermole

Sunderland first 11

Craig Gordon

Phil Bardsley, Anton Ferdinand, John Mensah, George McCartney

Steed Malbranque, Lee Cattermole, Lorik Cana,Kieran Richardson

Darren Bent, Kenwyne Jones

Steve Bruce has dones really well - Sunderland will be OK this season.

Think you're seriously over-rating that team to be honest. A good keeper and strike force apart, that's average to me. Average full-backs, over-rated big money centre-back, can't say I've seen much of Mensah, Richardson's done nowt apart from send us down, Malbranque's been poor the last year, and I don't think there's room for both Cana & Cattermole, one or the other imo, probably Cana. No creativity at all.

Inter midfielder Patrick Vieira has revealed this will be his last year playing football in Europe, but he could end his career with a spell in the USA in Major League Soccer.

Vieira's contract at the San Siro expires in 2010 and he has not been guaranteed a renewal by the club, seeing the midfielder linked with a return to Arsenal and even a switch to the Gunners' bitter rivals Tottenham.

The Senegal-born star will be 34 by the time his contract with the Italian champions expires, and he is already making plans for the future.

"I still have a year left on my contract and I think it will be my last in Europe at the highest level," Vieira told Orange Sport. "I would like to try an experience in the United States, [former French international] Youri Djorkaeff has convinced me."

The Frenchman also spoke of his ambition to return to the national team after being dropped by Raymond Domenech for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Romania and Serbia.

"I want to return to the national team, but I don't want to rush it. I am fine physically and mentally as I am playing more often with Inter," he said.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=671696&cc=5739

Guest Stephen927

Thats what Beckham should have done, waited until he was 35-36 and then moved to USA. He'd still be a class above others in the league. Like Peter Beardsley joining in a kick about, he'd still wipe the floor with everyone.

Sunderland in

Fraizer Campbell

Darren Bent

Lorik Cana

John Mensah (on loan from Lyon)

Paulo da Silva

Lee Cattermole

Sunderland first 11

Craig Gordon

Phil Bardsley, Anton Ferdinand, John Mensah, George McCartney

Steed Malbranque, Lee Cattermole, Lorik Cana,Kieran Richardson

Darren Bent, Kenwyne Jones

Steve Bruce has dones really well - Sunderland will be OK this season.

Think you're seriously over-rating that team to be honest. A good keeper and strike force apart, that's average to me. Average full-backs, over-rated big money centre-back, can't say I've seen much of Mensah, Richardson's done nowt apart from send us down, Malbranque's been poor the last year, and I don't think there's room for both Cana & Cattermole, one or the other imo, probably Cana. No creativity at all.

I've thought this as well, don't get the sudden optimism for Sunderland.

They're slightly better than the team that survived by the skin of their teeth.

Guest kingdawson

Has he been as poor to justify a 5m loss?

For sure. The guys decision making skills make Zat Knight look world class. He was the king at playing people onside and rash challenges.

Guest kingdawson

How do you rate Aguero?

Potentially world class. A bit inconsistant at times but works hard and his partnership with Forlan is obviously devastating.

Has he been as poor to justify a 5m loss?

For sure. The guys decision making skills make Zat Knight look world class. He was the king at playing people onside and rash challenges.

Is he as bad as Hibbert?

Cacapa has joined Cruzeiro.

For all the stick he got, he always came across as a model pro to me. Just signed him a couple of years too late. Good luck to the bloke.

Agreed. He never ever complained while being here. Real professional.