Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Your squad is solid, but unspectacular. If MON had balls and made one or two marquee signings, you'd be like  :kasper:.

I don't disagree.

I'm just reacting to the usual spectacle of Spurs fans spending the entire window travelling the internet, convincing other clubs fans that they're going to sign every man and his uncle (Robben? Van Der Vaart? Wasn't Levy in Madrid to bring those two back) and subtly criticising everyone else's.

Judging on the way these things generally tend to turn out, do they ever learn?

Incidentally, forget names like Robben, what happened to Ashley Young going there? And what about Fabian "him and his dad are guests of Spurs at Wembley today, done deal" Delph?

Thank f*** the window is closed, even if only so we don't have to put up with that delusional crap any more.

:lol:

Why do you constantly mention spurs?. This is about your signings so i really can't see what we have to do with anything. Blame MON for getting you Richard Dunne and James Collins as your 2 transfer day signings no one else. He also sold Barry and got you Fabian Delph :thup:

James Collins to Aston Villa. Average as f***.

Fourth choice centre back behind Davies, Cuellar and Dunne?

Who is Everton's fourth choice centre back? Or Spurs's?

Jags, Distin, Yobo, Heitinga, Rodwell...  :snod:

Collins is a decent player imo, rather him than Dunne. West Ham fans certainly seem to like him.

Since when was Rodwell a defender?   ???

Since he was about 6 or something.

That's his proper position but Moyes is playing him as a defensive midfielder just for the time being while he gets experience.

Can only see Rodwell being a defensive midfielder permanent. Seems far too comfortable on the ball to be forced back to DC, but it's a nice option to have.

Thank you Joleon. Heitinga, Bily and Distin + spare money.

I see.

Well he looks very at home in midfield, really good on the ball from what I've seen.

I agree.  Didn't he come on and play in that cup game against Liverpool last season?

Yeah, he was very good in that game.

I think Rio Ferdinand played in midfield at West Ham for a while in his early days. I'm sure eventually Rodwell will move back and be a ball-playing centre half of similar type.

Collins is a decent player imo, rather him than Dunne. West Ham fans certainly seem to like him.

Everton have a great collection of centrebacks. Clearly better than Liverpool's and Arsenal's imo.

Everton have a great collection of centrebacks. Clearly better than Liverpool's and Arsenal's imo.

You mate are clueless. Sorry.

Carragher/Skrtel/Agger/Kyrgiakos(heard he is very good not seen him myself)

Gallas/Vermaelen/Djourou/Senderos

Admitedly the options Everton have are very good but they aren't up with them two!

I'd say that King, Woodgate and Bassong is a trio that could rival any in the league bar the big two. Of course there's a huge, huge caveat on them all staying fit that doesn't often hold true, but in terms of ability they're up there.

Admitedly the options Everton have are very good but they aren't up with them two!

Liverpool's first 3 are v good, Kyrgiakos was a shambles the other day.

Gallas & Vermaelen are v good for Arsenal, but I've gotta question the other 2.

I'd prefer Everton's 3rd and 4th defenders to Arsenal's, but Arsenal's first two.

So overall, I'd prefer Arsenal's. Well, Liverpool, then Arsenal, then Everton.

Since when was Rodwell a defender?   ???

Since he was about 6 or something.

That's his proper position but Moyes is playing him as a defensive midfielder just for the time being while he gets experience.

I never would have guessed that he was a CB from what I've seen of him, definitely looks like a DM to me. Not a bad fifth choice to have, I suppose, should injuries start hitting you in that area.

I'd say that King, Woodgate and Bassong is a trio that could rival any in the league bar the big two. Of course there's a huge, huge caveat on them all staying fit that doesn't often hold true, but in terms of ability they're up there.

Who are the big two ? Man Utd and Chelsea ? Think you are overrating King, Woodgage and Bassong (assuming all fit)

Man Utd : Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Johny Evans

Chelsea : John Terry, Ricardo Cavalho, Alex

Liverpool : Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger

Arsenal : Thomas Vermaelen, William Gallas, John Djourou

Manchester City : Kolo Toure, Joleon Lescott, Nedum Onuoha

Everton : Phil Jagielka, Sylvain Distin, Yobo

Tottenham : Ledley King, Jonathan Woodgate, Sebastian Bassong

As a package of 3, the big 4 are still better than Tottenham. I rate Everton and Manchester City as equal to Totthenham. However Distin, Yobo and Jagielka are all fit athlete. Jagielka is out at the moment but he suffered injury on the pitch not due to weak physique.

I will get teased but I would say that Lescott-Toure combination is better than King-Woodgate combination.

Aston Villa : Curtis Davies, Richard Dunne, James Collin

Sunderland : Anton Ferdinand, Michael Turner, John Mensah

Seems quite good for midtable team.

Birmingham : Roger Johnson, Frank Queudrue, Scott Dann

Seems quite good for bottom league.

As a Spurs fan I hate to say it, but I agree with delima - largely because you're just not going to see King and Woodgate play many matches together. Ledley's still excellent when he plays, but without proper training he will pick up more and more injuries like the groin one that forced him off at half-time in the last game.

Liverpool's first 3 are v good, Kyrgiakos was a shambles the other day.

Gallas & Vermaelen are v good for Arsenal, but I've gotta question the other 2.

I'd prefer Everton's 3rd and 4th defenders to Arsenal's, but Arsenal's first two.

So overall, I'd prefer Arsenal's. Well, Liverpool, then Arsenal, then Everton.

For Arsenal they have one very good centreback in Gallas. They also have Vermaelen, who is a unknown really. At this point, success in the Dutch league cannot be taken seriously by French and German teams, never mind those in the Premiership. He has looked good thus far, but only time will tell. After that you have two Swiss internationals who i personally think are quite poor for a team of your level. Djourou has never impressed me. As for Senderos, you've been attempting to dump him for the past two summers.

Liverpool's is overrated. Carragher will need to replaced very soon and will be exposed badly this season behind. Skrtel and Agger are both pretty nice players. They both have had injury problems but still they are good. The Greek is 30 years old and his only experience with top level football is two years in Germany and few CL defeats.

Everton on the other hand have three experiecned high level Premiership centrebacks at the height of their powers in Jagielka, Yobo, and Distin. Heitinga isn't very good imo, but he is an established int'l prescence off the bench. If Rodwell is actually a CB than he is a good prospect. Their certainly ahead of Arsenal I think. You can argue about Liverpool.

Who are the big two ? Man Utd and Chelsea ? Think you are overrating King, Woodgage and Bassong (assuming all fit)

Man Utd : Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Johny Evans

Chelsea : John Terry, Ricardo Cavalho, Alex

Liverpool : Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger

Arsenal : Thomas Vermaelen, William Gallas, John Djourou

Manchester City : Kolo Toure, Joleon Lescott, Nedum Onuoha

Everton : Phil Jagielka, Sylvain Distin, Yobo

Tottenham : Ledley King, Jonathan Woodgate, Sebastian Bassong

As a package of 3, the big 4 are still better than Tottenham. I rate Everton and Manchester City as equal to Totthenham. However Distin, Yobo and Jagielka are all fit athlete. Jagielka is out at the moment but he suffered injury on the pitch not due to weak physique.

I will get teased but I would say that Lescott-Toure combination is better than King-Woodgate combination.

Aston Villa : Curtis Davies, Richard Dunne, James Collin

Sunderland : Anton Ferdinand, Michael Turner, John Mensah

Seems quite good for midtable team.

Birmingham : Roger Johnson, Frank Queudrue, Scott Dann

Seems quite good for bottom league.

Yes, ManU and Chelsea are the big two. To be fair I said rival, rather than better, but Liverpool's is probably better looking at it again. Bassong (if he is to be third choice) I rate higher than Onuoha, Djourou and Yobo. Other than that it's as much down to how well the players complement one another. To early to say about Toure and Lescott, my hunch is they'll be good though. Until Vermalean proves himself I'd have Tottenham's CBs over Arsenal's without a doubt. Distin looked to have regressed last year imo, still think he's a good player. Some good defenders around at the moment.

Mate, you're talking shit.

Having seen Vermaelen play in every game this season if he can maintain the level he is at he will be one of the most valuable players in the league! Can't remember which paper, but already they are already claiming he is in the top ten transfers of the season, Djourou i rate very highly i think he is a very good player and if Everton signed him he would instantly become 3rd choice at Everton, if not first choice if Distin gets played at RB very often.

Vermaelen, Gallas, Djourou > Jagielka, Distin, Yobo.

Having seen Vermaelen play in every game this season if he can maintain the level he is at he will be one of the most valuable players in the league! Can't remember which paper, but already they are already claiming he is in the top ten transfers of the season, Djourou i rate very highly i think he is a very good player and if Everton signed him he would instantly become 3rd choice at Everton, if not first choice if Distin gets played at RB very often.

I don't know why you've said I'm talking shit, you haven't actually disagreed with anything I've said. Djourou probably is better than Yobo, neither are as good as Bassong imo. Distin occasionally plays LB (not RB) but won't this season because Baines is there.

I'm not going to pretend I know much / anything about Vermalean, but I certainly won't pretend he's proved himself on the basis of 4 games. If he turns out as good as you say then I'd probably have Arsenal's defenders over Spurs's, but I pretty much said that anyway.

Southampton sign Papa Waigo N'Diaye from Fiorentina on loan with a view to a permanent deal. It seems as though he's not that bad, played in Serie A a few times, scoring against Juventus at some point. Playing in League One now, though? 

:dowie:

I don't know why you've said I'm talking shit, you haven't actually disagreed with anything I've said. Djourou probably is better than Yobo, neither are as good as Bassong imo. Distin occasionally plays LB (not RB) but won't this season because Baines is there.

I'm not going to pretend I know much / anything about Vermalean, but I certainly won't pretend he's proved himself on the basis of 4 games. If he turns out as good as you say then I'd probably have Arsenal's defenders over Spurs's, but I pretty much said that anyway.

.. think he was referring to babatunde.

Southampton sign Papa Waigo N'Diaye from Fiorentina on loan with a view to a permanent deal. It seems as though he's not that bad, played in Serie A a few times, scoring against Juventus at some point. Playing in League One now, though? 

:dowie:

Bit of an FM legend..

.. think he was referring to babatunde.

Fucks sake. I shouldn't have overridden my usual rule of no replying to Ash :angry:

edit: looking at the times of posting, either you're right or Ash is the world's fastest typist.

Mate, you're talking s***.

Vermaelen is ridiculously unproven and for you to put him on that pedestal after three games puts your idiocy on the scale of fools at those useless UK papers. Last year this time, Zaki was the second coming of Shearer. Now he plays for Zamalek again. The boy may be great, but why don't you let it happen before you go announcing it. I have seen nothing in Johan's career to sugggest he is better than Jageilka, Distin, or Yobo.