Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Telegraph feature lists "best buys" in 2009 for Premiership clubs. Five former NUFC players make the list: Bowyer, Duff, Bellamy, Bassong, and N'Zogbia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/6916859/Premier-League-transfers-complete-club-by-club-guide-for-the-January-window.html

BEST BUY OF 2009: Sylvain Distin (£5 million). Drafted in to replace Joleon Lescott, the Frenchman has slotted in seamlessly alongside Joseph Yobo.

Funny, I could have sworn he's been shit and that his partnership with Yobo is like the Chuckle Bros on ice.

Telegraph feature lists "best buys" in 2009 for Premiership clubs. Five former NUFC players make the list: Bowyer, Duff, Bellamy, Bassong, and N'Zogbia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/6916859/Premier-League-transfers-complete-club-by-club-guide-for-the-January-window.html

BEST BUY OF 2009: Sylvain Distin (£5 million). Drafted in to replace Joleon Lescott, the Frenchman has slotted in seamlessly alongside Joseph Yobo.

Funny, I could have sworn he's been s*** and that his partnership with Yobo is like the Chuckle Bros on ice.

Most of that article reads as if it has been written by someone who hasn't watched any football this season.

That whole article is pretty ill-researched.

£6 million for Espinoza? Nah mate, I'm pretty sure it was a nominal fee and he was mainly brought it to be chums with Benitez.

He's listed Huseklepp as a Zenit player aswell asmanaging to merge Yebda and Belhadj into one person.

Seems we are loaning FM legend Keirrison to Zaragoza until the end of the season.

His time at Benfica seemed a waste. I wondered why he never went to a lower La Liga club in the first place like, do you think he could turn out to be more wasted money?

Seems we are loaning FM legend Keirrison to Zaragoza until the end of the season.

His time at Benfica seemed a waste. I wondered why he never went to a lower La Liga club in the first place like, do you think he could turn out to be more wasted money?

The Benfica loan is a bit silly, we had offers from lower clubs that would have guaranteed him more playing time, but it was preferred that he went to a higher profile club that played in Europe. There was a rumor that we were cozying up with Benfica to get an option for De María though, but if we are recalling him I assume that's not true.

I'm not going to dismiss the guy before he has hardly kicked a ball, but at this moment, spending €15m on a guy that was always going to be loaned out was utterly stupid given that we still have problem areas in our squad that need addressing.

£6 million for Espinoza? Nah mate, I'm pretty sure it was a nominal fee and he was mainly brought it to be chums with Benitez.

He's listed Huseklepp as a Zenit player aswell asmanaging to merge Yebda and Belhadj into one person.

They've made it up as they go along. Duff £2.5m? Valencia £16m? Bellamy £10m? Aquilani £17m? Nzonzi £1.5m? Mokoena £300k? Beattie was Stoke's worst signing? This is fucking mental reading :lol:

Funny, I could have sworn he's been shit and that his partnership with Yobo is like the Chuckle Bros on ice.

In fairness, they've played a vital part.

Towards one of our worst defensive record in years.

They've made it up as they go along. Duff £2.5m? Valencia £16m? Bellamy £10m? Aquilani £17m? Nzonzi £1.5m? Mokoena £300k? Beattie was Stoke's worst signing? This is f***ing mental reading :lol:

Ana mate I've been going through it again, spotting new errors everytime.

For a respectable paper that's a shocking, shocking article.

wtf? why?

Moyes would be the biggest moron in world football if that happens.

Yeah, because if it happens it's obviously because he WANTS to lose his best striker. Nothing to do with us having literally no money to spend and tons of debt.

wtf? why?

Yeah, because if it happens it's obviously because he WANTS to lose his best striker. Nothing to do with us having literally no money to spend and tons of debt.

and saha out of contract at the end of the season so they're sniffing for a bargain as they have no money either

Guest kingdawson

wtf? why?

so you sell to your biggest rivals and risk relegation?

If saha is for sale, there would be more then Liverpool interested.

wtf? why?

Fellaini pisses me off. Just saying.

wtf? why?

He can walk for nout in the summer.

Guest kingdawson

wtf? why?

Still shouldn't sell him to their biggest rivals. Why would you want to help them further in their champions league pursuit. Plus Everton can still get relegated so why risk it?

wtf? why?

Still shouldn't sell him to their biggest rivals. Why would you want to help them further in their champions league pursuit. Plus Everton can still get relegated so why risk it?

There is zero chance of us going down  :rolleyes: I agree with you that we shouldn't sell him, especially to them, but blaming Moyes for the situation we're in is daft. Plus, it's only a rumour at the moment.

wtf? why?

Speaking of rivals and selling, is Pav leaving your lot? I'd be very happy to see him at the Arsenal.

Guest kingdawson

wtf? why?

Speaking of rivals and selling, is Pav leaving your lot? I'd be very happy to see him at the Arsenal.

You taking the piss? I'd drive him to Emirates myself.