Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I almost agree with KD here, both players are ten times better than Sol Campbell when you get them on the pitch.

I haven't seen Woodgate play in about a year, and King's been bad even when healthy this year.

I don't like seeing Per Cijan in the news, I'm still holding out hope we sign him.

I'm struggling to see where he'd fit into that team. Kaka creates more, Ronaldo is better in pretty much every respect, Higuain scores more.

Agreed, but since when have Madrid, at least in recent times, really thought about where players actually fit into the team? He'd just be another status signing, albeit extremely talented.

The other names thrown around are Agüero and Villa, which while talented don't really fit in their starting XI. But that's the way of Florentino.

If they really look after signing a new #9 that's it for Benzema I presume.

They are very close to sign Canales from Racing, too. He should know he'll never make it there.

I've only seen him play twice, he was absolutely brilliant on saturday though. Is he as good as being made out VI?

Hard to say at this point, needs more games to see if he's the real deal or just hit a rich vein of form. But the two games I have seen him he's been immense. I will try to watch Racing - Valladolid this weekend.

Blatantly because Portsmouth can't afford to pay him.

Yep.

Niemi will come in and do an okay job, nowhere near James on his day. Portsmouth down and out now.

Niemi on his day at least = James on his day, though Niemi's day was 5/6 years ago now.

Has Niemi been injured or something? I thought Begovic was Pompey's second choice, he's been playing recently.

Niemi was brought back just for a backup in the first place with coaching purposes I think. He's been coaching youth national team(keepers I guess) in Finland after he retired. No doubt he would still be able to do the job if required but he hasn't played competitive football for 3 or 4 years or so...

Has Niemi been injured or something? I thought Begovic was Pompey's second choice, he's been playing recently.

Niemi was brought back just for a backup in the first place with coaching purposes I think. He's been coaching youth national team(keepers I guess) in Finland after he retired. No doubt he would still be able to do the job if required but he hasn't played competitive football for 3 or 4 years or so...

So he's finished?  :razz: