Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Must be a bit frustrating to see all your targets linked to EPL clubs, it is starting to feel like a FM game.

Not really as it is cunning plan these chumps sign a load CCC standard players & then we buy there PL players when they are looking off load a few.

Now we've lost out on Beckford, i'd rather we just went back in for Harewood. I'd admit a bit of giddiness when we were going for Beckford - because it was like, "ooo, wow, he's English, he scores for fun, Andy Cole lol", etc etc... but the truth is, we can get Harewood in on loan till the end of the season - no strings attached. He can do the job Beckford/Boyd were/are being chased to do, but we don't have to keep him on next season where he/they blatantly won't be good enough.

Tbh i think it's beyond inevitable that he'll be back here, somewhere between the 27th and the 31st. After another goalless draw at home to Palace, and no sign of any permanent signing. So obviously going to happen.

Incidentally, Zaragoza looking to offload Braulio, Ayala, Luccin, Songo'o and Ewerthon.

Ayala was one of the best CBs in the planet... 7-8 years ago. Luccin was a scary DM, but I think he's lost his legs already. Braulio's never been very good, but he scored that backheel against Spurs. Songo'o a tricky winger, and one of our former boys, but he isn't very good. However, he already has experience in being ineffectual in the CCC for a series of club, and even warmed the bench for Pompey.

Ewherton scored 28 in Segunda División last year.

Actually this reminds me somebody should go and rescue Zaragoza's *other* and better former Brazilian forward, Oliveira, who is now in some Arabian joke team (probably on crazy money though). Guy scored 15+ in back to back seasons of La Liga.

So Man Utd are apparently signing this Norwegian teenager we had on trial a few months ago. What did they see that we didn't?

see Peter Bolesław Schmeichel.

we did want schmichael, but like most given the choice between them and us he chose them.

this season Burra have had on their books at one point, players who should be able to cut it in the top tier of fizzy pop.  Quite funny how they're still doing cack.

Gibbo must be gutted Wheater stayed as he is fucking appalling. He was overrated because he scored a few goals rather than being a decent defender.

also on the subject of Burra players.  On placement I went to Lita's press conference at their training ground.  That Mark Yeates fella who they've just flogged came in, and everyone said alright to him, a few shook his hand.  I had absolutely no fucking idea who he was.  Quietly I asked the reporter who I was shadowing who the heck just came in, however, 2 reporters from BBC Tees and TFM heard me, and I got an extremely scornful look of 'OMGZ!!!!!!111!! hav u neva herd of MARK YEATES?! He's the next Pele ye know'.  I immediately lost all respect from them.

Wayne Routledge is absolutely s****.

Have a read from http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64337.msg2159119.html#msg2159119 downwards :lol:

Same shit we said when we signed him.

'Promising young player, career back on track yada yad yada', but he was shite.

And his head is too big for his body.

He's pretty good for the CCC...

Absolute shit in the Prem.

Boyd in Villa talks

The Sun - Andy Devlin - ‎5 minutes ago‎

Newcastle United and Middlesbrough also remain keen on Boyd, who broke Henrik Larsson's SPL goals record last month. The player, however, won't be rushed ...

He was at our match last night, apparently.

"Yes, Kris, this is what the atmosphere is like every home game".

If we're moving Harewood out and replacing him with Boyd, fair enough, but we really need a better goalscorer than the ones we have already

I've come to the realisation that we actually do need a striker.

Surely you've got firepower coming out of your ears, KD?

Now, we really do need a striker.

Although Milner weighing in with so many from midfield helps

*gets coat*

Guest kingdawson

I've come to the realisation that we actually do need a striker.

Surely you've got firepower coming out of your ears, KD?

Now, we really do need a striker.

Although Milner weighing in with so many from midfield helps

*gets coat*

We have Robbie Keane who's a washed up, abysmal excuse of a footballer nowadays. We have Pavlychenko who is the weakest striker i've ever seen play for spurs (i promise i'm not exaggerating although Steffen Iversen comes close). I like Crouch and Defoe but i think we need another option.

So Man Utd are apparently signing this Norwegian teenager we had on trial a few months ago. What did they see that we didn't?

see Peter Bolesław Schmeichel.

Sure that had something to do with him impressing on trial, but we wouldn't pay £500k for him when we could get a proven top-flight keeper in Dave Beasant for a little bit more...wow. :lol: