Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Why are the Spurs interested in Gudjohnsen? Can see Wham's interest since they are a bit crap, but don't think what would he add to Tottenham's squad, and he's getting old already.

because arry cant help himself, he cant go through a window without signing someone

Best move for Moses would be to go to a lower midtable PL team, build his profile there for a couple years or more, and then get *the* move if he's really good enough. He'd get way more starts at, say, Fulham or West Ham, which are also teams that seek to play decent football. Coyle's Bolton could grow to be that kind of side too. Fact is that he would be much better off getting 15+ games a year against top opposition than roting in the ManU/Arsenal/Tottenham/ManCity reserves and play in the cups against Accrington Stanley.

138m in 4 years is quite a lot. Actually I find hard to believe Villa has been operating at an average deficit of 40m these past 4 seasons.

Also, if he's getting interest for his loans, he *is* making business out of Villa (provided he eventually recoups the principal).

All the talks about Martin O'Neill being an excellent manager. I just don't think so. His achievement in Celtic is not outstanding (Gordon Strachan, Alex McLeish). His achievement in Villa is not outstanding (considering the money he is afforded).

I highly doubt that Lerner is going to recoup the principal unless he find a dafter foreigner who is willing to takeover the club and assume all the liabilities. Or unless Villa suddenly become a widely supported club in the whole world. Or MON win Premiership and Champions League with Villa.

Why are the Spurs interested in Gudjohnsen? Can see Wham's interest since they are a bit crap, but don't think what would he add to Tottenham's squad, and he's getting old already.

because arry cant help himself, he cant go through a window without signing someone

He has to nick another clubs target, he is a horruble droopy faces cunt.

138m in 4 years is quite a lot. Actually I find hard to believe Villa has been operating at an average deficit of 40m these past 4 seasons.

Also, if he's getting interest for his loans, he *is* making business out of Villa (provided he eventually recoups the principal).

The money comes ultimtely from the Lerner Trust, so it isn't just a case of him saying "have this money, no interest" - it isn't just his decision to make.

He's done exactly what he needed to do - injected regular sums of money into a club which was moribund, and had been rotting for at least ten years. 15m for the new training ground, for example. He's injecting more to rebuild the North Stand.

He's also made money available for transfers, which whilst we've spent money, have been by and large sensible and not involving reckless wages.

It is not possible to run a top flight football club on a "spend what you earn" basis with the way the game is now. You can point at Arsenal, but look at the debt they took on to fund Ashburton Grove.

What Lerner has done, though, is get the balance absolutely right. He's invested where we needed investment, he's transformed the club, he hasn't saddled the club with unmanageable debt, and he's made us competitive again.

We don't have anyone on 100k a week on a 4 year contract. In fact, I believe our highest earners are Young and Carew on 57k.

He bought the club for 62m, and I suspect he knew one reason the price was so low was because it needed consistent investment. I don't know how much he could sell it for now, but it would be considerably more than that. He's playing a long term game.

Look at it this way. 3 years ago, I didn't want to go to matches any more, I'd had as much as i could take. Since then, we've had two top six finishes, got back into Europe twice (albeit briefly this season), have gone from a squad which we'd have struggle to give away to one which is full of decent footballers, and which could quite possibly provide almost a fifth of the England squad in the WC, and we're going to Wembley next month for the first time in ten years.

He's obviously doing something right.

It is not possible to run a top flight football club on a "spend what you earn" basis with the way the game is now. You can point at Arsenal, but look at the debt they took on to fund Ashburton Grove.

You're probably right, but it might have to become possible the way things are going.

You're probably right, but it might have to become possible the way things are going.

No doubt about it.

With the debts of the top clubs what they are, and the effect being felt on smaller clubs now, English football is headed for a crash pretty soon.

I'm happy with both signings.

Out of interest, if you sign Kaboul you will have; King, Dawson, Woodgate, Bassong and Kaboul.

In the summer there is no way you will keep all of them happy, so who do you think will leave?