Other clubs' transfers

Dave

The problem is if we are playing a lesser team a centre midfield of Song - Diaby - Fabregas is good enough. But how we like to play the two deeper centre mids Diaby isn't good enough to play as a ball winner against the bigger teams.

We need another Song.

Chamakh is a done deal and he seems like a one shot one goal kinda guy so i think he could be the answer.

The problem is if we are playing a lesser team a centre midfield of Song - Diaby - Fabregas is good enough. But how we like to play the two deeper centre mids Diaby isn't good enough to play as a ball winner against the bigger teams.

We need another Song.

Chamakh is a done deal and he seems like a one shot one goal kinda guy so i think he could be the answer.

I agree. I think your midfield is weak. Song has certainly emerged and Fabregas is the best midfielder in the league. After that though ... it's struggling. Very dissapointed in Diaby. Just too cumbersome a lot of the time.  He's good against the more ordinary teams, but the better teams make him look really bad. As for Denilson, just wow. Hand on heart, I cannot tell you one thing he does well or even decently. He looks like  a little kid who has wandered onto the pitch by accident the majority of the time. Yet there he is game after game ... don't get it. Missing out on Felipe Melo was bad for you guys.

It really won't take much to get things sorted though. Considering the team you ended up putting out the majority of this season, i think it is astonishing that you have stayed so close to Man U and Chelsea, and of course obliterated Liverpool.

Absolutely no idea why Arsenal are signing Chamakh either. He's exactly the same type of player Bendtner is, I mean his best scoring season in France is 13, other than that he hasn't managed to get more than 10 league goals a season in his entire career. He's not exactly young either at 26. They've needed a goalscorer since Henry left, Eduardo looked like he could grab a fair amount of goals prior to his injury.

Chamakh is fair enough on a free, but if Arsenal arn't planning on buying anymore strikers other than him then their going to carry on lacking that killer instinct and the ability to finish off games like they have for the past few seasons.

Do Everton have a sell-on clause on Rooney, by chance?

I don't think all these links are anything else than made-up tabloid filler, mind, but I'm curious.

10% of any profit iirc. Niel might know?

There are strong rumours from the midlands that Milner is a target for Man U, poss in a P/Ex deal for Carrick or Owen or both....if this happens, will those on here that have constantly rubbished him finally admit that their judgment is just SLIGHTLY less accurate than that of SAF....!???

SAF has lost his mind lately though, as you can see from their results of late.

Wouldn't say much of Milner tbh imo

There speaks the voice of a sensible NUFC fan.....NOT.

No wonder we are figures of fun in the media world........!

Milner is a decent player, but in my opinion no ManU material. Although they probably want him to play central, since apart from Fletcher ManU's midfield has no legs.

You also know better than SAF eh ? If you think Man U's midfield has no legs, wait until you see Nolan and Co in the Prem....you have a good user name, and there are plenty of villages in the UK who have a vacancy if you need a job.....

Milner is a decent player, but in my opinion no ManU material. Although they probably want him to play central, since apart from Fletcher ManU's midfield has no legs.

You also know better than SAF eh ? If you think Man U's midfield has no legs, wait until you see Nolan and Co in the Prem....you have a good user name, and there are plenty of villages in the UK who have a vacancy if you need a job.....

Calm down man  :lol:

And SAF bought kleiberson and djemba djemba for their midfield, he's hardly unfallible.

Man Utd have some work to do in replacing Scholes and Giggs in the next year or two. Their legs are going but they do a good job .  Mind you, Chelsea might need to think along similar lines soon too.

The thing is though, other teams won't let them wait to replace them will they? The money available to some clubs is making it harder and harder for them. Not that they are shy with their cash, but recently they haven't joined in with the real big spenders.

Agree with the workrate in their midfield too. When Scholes, Giggs, Beckham and Keane were in their prime their midfield was talented but it also grafted like no other. It's a hell of an ask to expect the same level of performance from Fletcher, Carrick Gibson, Valencia etc They are good players but not at the same level as those just mentioned. Still think that the lack of legs (at the level they expect to perform e.g. Champions league semi final/final) was the reason Barcelona beat them last year.

Milner has done well enough lately but he isn't ever likely to be good enough for a champions league team other than as a squad player. He just doesn't have the pace or guile for it and they already have better imo

Milner was such a frustrating player when he was here, but you can see how he's excelled for Villa playing more centrally. I still say that he has no outstanding attributes though; good work rate and energy levels, decent passing and shooting range, but I don't see anything in him that would make him a world class player. Good player, but 20 million worth?  :nope:

Dont think it would be a good signing for Man utd. Where would he fit in? Centre mid, he's not a world class centre midfielder, and would certainly be a downgrade in the calibre of player manchester utd look to sing in the centre of midfield and he hasnt got enough pace to be a typical winger.

I'm not saying he was great here, but he was better than most of the other dross we had.

Anyway, 45 appearances for Aston Villa this season. 10 goals and 15 assists, good contribution from the lad. I think this is his level however, Aston Villa have great mobility around him and he can play off that. When he was here we were about as mobile as Stephen Hawkings penis.

Guest firetotheworks

My problem with Milner wasn't that he was slow, it was that for us he didn't have the cross, or end product to make up for it. On the wing that really, really showed. His work ethic, control, and perseverance were never in question. I was wrong about him, he obviously had it in him all along. I'll have fond memories of him though, never the type of ex-player you would boo.