Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

27 is nothing for a goalkeeper, still got easy 10 years in his career left. £4m is a damn good price.

Going back to the Higuain topic, anyone know why he's played so few times for Argentina? (Four times according to wiki).  Whilst I don't rate him alongside the top, top strikers (like Torres, Rooney, Drogba etc.), I would rather have him in my team than the likes of Aguero.

I think I remember reading ages ago that Maradona didn't think he was patriotic enough or something? Anyone hear anything similar? I reckon Higuain-Messi will be a pretty fearsome partnership in the WC but will Aguero be in ahead of Higuain because of his connections to Maradona?

Going back to the Higuain topic, anyone know why he's played so few times for Argentina? (Four times according to wiki).  Whilst I don't rate him alongside the top, top strikers (like Torres, Rooney, Drogba etc.), I would rather have him in my team than the likes of Aguero.

I think I remember reading ages ago that Maradona didn't think he was patriotic enough or something? Anyone hear anything similar? I reckon Higuain-Messi will be a pretty fearsome partnership in the WC but will Aguero be in ahead of Higuain because of his connections to Maradona?

With Maradona in charge, there's no reason to expect that there's a logical explanation for anything.

Higuaín was born in France, he didn't get the Argentinian nationality until he was quite old I think, and that's the reason he - for example - doesn't have youth caps for Argentina. Although he's always been quite adamant he considers himself Argentinian and even refused a callup to France.

With Maradona in charge, there's no reason to expect that there's a logical explanation for anything.

Is the correct answer. Can't wait to see what antics he pulls at the World Cup.

Guest elbee909

Is the correct answer. Can't wait to see what antics he pulls at the World Cup.

I hope he runs up to the camera and tried to swallow it again like in 94.

When Arsenal offered Gallas his much coveted 2 year contract but understandably with a reduction as in his second year he will play much less he turned it down and has been awol since. Not at the annual charity ball that all first teamers attended or on the end of season lap. Somebody has a brilliant free there.

When Arsenal offered Gallas his much coveted 2 year contract but understandably with a reduction as in his second year he will play much less he turned it down and has been awol since. Not at the annual charity ball that all first teamers attended or on the end of season lap. Somebody has a brilliant free there.

If he gets his head straight, he is a bit of a loose cannon can see the top sides thinking twice.

Guest firetotheworks

Marca claiming in today's issue that Barça will make official the signing of Villa as soon as the season finishes this weekend.

Oh my word. That would be fucking incredible.

Last season you were already the best team I've ever seen. If Villa gels in that team then I can see you bettering that season again.

Marca claiming in today's issue that Barça will make official the signing of Villa as soon as the season finishes this weekend.

interesting, if true how would you see that lining up on the pitch up top? 

villa-ibra-messi

something like that? 

i'm not sure there are 2 better players on the planet than villa & messi for making runs that force their midfield to find them (if that makes sense)...they make such simple, direct runs off the ball that with the quality the likes of xavi has it'd be terrifying to try and think about defending against them, never mind actually trying to do it!

I'd :fwap: all over the place if i was a Barça fan and that happened.