Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Riquelme to West Ham has disaster wrote all over it.

He's about as fast as he was aged 21, but their whole style of play will have to be built around him and at his age I can't see him making a huge effort to settle and adapt.

He's about as fast as he was aged 21, but their whole style of play will have to be built around him and at his age I can't see him making a huge effort to settle and adapt.

This is the main point. The reliance on him will be absolutely massive and, barring the odd game, I can see that trust and reliance being completely misplaced = as you say, disaster.

To be fair in a 4-2-3-1 it could work. If he doesn't play/WHU aren't going well he'll be the first to whinge n all.

If Sunderland get Onouha that's a very good signing! For so cheap too...

Yup, it's a shame that we're skint as he would be been a cracking signing for us.

correct.

Guest palnese

FIFA 10 informs me that Luca Toni's Bbayern Munich contract has been terminated

Yep. Has been confirmed by Bayern today as well. Wonder where he'll go.

Italy  :pow:

Latest i read about Toni was that he was 80% to go for Genoa.

Napoli is more into developing young players, can't see him going there.

Where have you heard that Sew?

Nah I heard after his Roma loan ended they wanted him, I hadn't heard anything about it since.

agreed....he's always been a super slow player but as most will have seen from watching him...many players could still not get anywhere near him or get the ball off him.

He struggled to really settle in Spain with Villareal so I don't think here will be any easier.....good to see a player of his calibre here though if he comes....

agreed....he's always been a super slow player but as most will have seen from watching him...many players could still not get anywhere near him or get the ball off him.

He struggled to really settle in Spain with Villareal so I don't think here will be any easier.....good to see a player of his calibre here though if he comes....

He was incredible for Villareal from what I remember. Set up a million goals for Forlan.

He was incredible for Villareal from what I remember. Set up a million goals for Forlan.

yes he was fantastic on the field but never really settled there off the field from what I read....he was always longing to go to back to Boca....which is why I am a bit surprised is leaving them especially if it is to come here.

yes he was fantastic on the field but never really settled there off the field from what I read....he was always longing to go to back to Boca....which is why I am a bit surprised is leaving them especially if it is to come here.

Got to imagine politics plays some part in it. I'm sure I read both him and Saint Martin's contracts were up and they were only going to renew one due to the rift between them.