Other clubs' transfers

Dave

If you want a pictorial representation of why I am starting to fucking hate this game, just look at Kenyon's fat, smug, self satisfied face in that picture.

Everything which is wrong in football. In one person.

Deco is a complete upgrade on what they have in footballing terms right now in that position of the pitch. I think Ballack is absolutely class but Deco will allow them to play a more expansive game and they will be able to retain possession a whole lot better with him in there.

Getting Deco for £10m is a good bit of business imo. Inter will give them far more than that for Fat Frank.

Deco'll do well over here.

Isn't the fee for fat frank quoted at being about £7m due to his contract being up next season?

Deco is a complete upgrade on what they have in footballing terms right now in that position of the pitch. I think Ballack is absolutely class but Deco will allow them to play a more expansive game and they will be able to retain possession a whole lot better with him in there.

He is quality but I'm not sure he'll cope with the pace of the premiership tbh.

It might help him that he's gone to Chelsea who can afford the luxury of time.

If we'd signed him (granted, not very likely) I'd be concerned at the need for him to adapt straight away as he'd be the main man.

Getting Deco for £10m is a good bit of business imo. Inter will give them far more than that for Fat Frank.

Deco'll do well over here.

Isn't the fee for fat frank quoted at being about £7m due to his contract being up next season?

Ah right. Thought he had longer than a year left tbh.  :blush:

They'll miss Lampard big time though. You can't turn your nose up at a guaranteed 20 goals a season from midfield.

Fat, over-rated 20 goals a season midfielder don't you know!

Scolari doesn't want Lampard to leave, so I'm not convinced he will.

They'll miss Lampard big time though. You can't turn your nose up at a guaranteed 20 goals a season from midfield.

Not down to Scolari, all Lampard has to do is invoke the clause.  Maybe Scolari offering him the £150k pw he wants might change his mind, Scolari telling Lampard he doesn't want him to leave won't make a jot of difference.

Not down to Scolari, all Lampard has to do is invoke the clause.  Maybe Scolari offering him the £150k pw he wants might change his mind, Scolari telling Lampard he doesn't want him to leave won't make a jot of difference.

Disagree. Lampard himself wants to stay at Chelsea all of his career, but he wasn't happy with what happened to Mourinho. He wants stability now, and their manager telling him that he wants him to stay will play a huge part on Lampard's decision.

Chelsea don't have to sell Lampard. If Chelsea don't want to sell Lampard, they won't. Simple as.