Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Hughes did well with what he had and sometimes, i hate to say it, you have to win ugly when you have a team of a certain calibre, for the record i don't think he deserved to get sacked from City as i imagine most would agree, i also think he is a better manager than Mancini, he doesn't inspire me in the slightest.

Hughes is a good manager, although he was too far out of his comfort zone at Man City. Some of his signings showed that.

Although his massive ego would tell you otherwise.

Arsenal poached him from our academy before we were allowed to offer a professional contract under our labor laws.

And subsequently, he signed an extended contract with Arsenal, something that your club don't seem to respect at all.

Stephen Ireland staying at Citeh, according to Twatter.

Staying in Manchester, he actually said.

Maybe he's being clever with that, not saying "City"

*remembers which player he is talking about*

As you were

Yeah think it's safe to rule out a move across town.

Was reading earlier that Robinho's loan move at Santos isn't going to be extended, Citeh really need all these players staying like. :laugh:

Guest geordienorway

Stuttgart have confirmed that Germany international midfielder Sami Khedira has joined Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £11million.

And City are bidding £25 million for Milner :facepalm:

Stuttgart have confirmed that Germany international midfielder Sami Khedira has joined Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £11million.

And City are bidding £25 million for Milner :facepalm:

And Villa value him at £30 million

Hughes is a good manager, although he was too far out of his comfort zone at Man City. Some of his signings showed that.

Although his massive ego would tell you otherwise.

Pretty good assessment.

Harry Redknapp defends Spurs' pursuit of Scott Parker 

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has defended Spurs' pursuit of West Ham's Scott Parker insisting the Hammers are guilty of unsettling the midfielder.

Hammers chairman David Sullivan this week claimed he was "very angry" with Spurs for unsettling Parker.

Redknapp is adamant Tottenham have done nothing wrong, suggesting West Ham making his approach public would have done more to affect the player's mind.

"Who made it public that we made an offer?" said Redknapp.

Sullivan insisted England international Parker, who has three years remaining on his contract, was not for sale at any price following Spurs' £7m bid.

The club also issued a statement saying: "We informed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy prior to him making the offer that we would not welcome any approach to unsettle the player."

Tottenham may now improve their offer as Redknapp looks to strengthen his midfield options ahead of the new season.

And he says the club were perfectly entitled to bid for the 29-year-old, who began his career at Charlton Athletic before moving on to Chelsea and Newcastle United.

"You can make an offer for a player if you want to. You can make an offer for anybody," added Redknapp.

"I'm sure the chairman [Levy] must have got some encouragement or he wouldn't have made an offer. So I'm not sure the full story has been told about that one.

"The chairman wouldn't have made an offer unless he thought there was a chance that they wanted to do something."

Redknapp also confirmed he would still like to bring Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy to White Hart Lane but was far from certain a deal could be done.

"I like Craig Bellamy but I don't know if they would sell him," said Redknapp following Tottenham's 4-1 home defeat by Villarreal on Thursday.

"The chairman deals with all the transfers. He asks me what I want and I tell him. I don't know where he's at with Bellamy, if anywhere."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8870401.stm

Spot the irony.

Guest kingdawson

Redknapp is 100% correct. Sullivan and Gold are pure cunts that have decided to make the rejection public. We are well within our rights to bid and they are well within their rights to reject but how the hell can they complain after they were the ones that made it public.

Besides Sullivan has acted like a right knob in his pursuit for Dorrans at WBA. WBa have said countless times he isn't for sale yet they keep bidding. What a knob he is.

Redknapp is 100% correct. Sullivan and Gold are pure cunts that have decided to make the rejection public. We are well within our rights to bid and they are well within their rights to reject but how the hell can they complain after they were the ones that made it public.

Besides Sullivan has acted like a right knob in his pursuit for Dorrans at WBA. WBa have said countless times he isn't for sale yet they keep bidding. What a knob he is.

I didn't think you'd spot it. O0

Arsenal poached him from our academy before we were allowed to offer a professional contract under our labor laws.

And subsequently, he signed an extended contract with Arsenal, something that your club don't seem to respect at all.

Well, he himself has said he wants to leave so you should take it with Cesc too. He shouldn't have signed that contract if he wanted to leave. I personally don't think he's dying to play with us so much, he's just seen Arsenal is a lost cause trophy-wise.

@Shearergol We settled 1m in tribunal fees for Cesc which is exactly what we owed for Overmars. Hardly broke Arsenal's bank there.

Khedira finished his medical in Madrid. Seems they paid €15m.

If he continues to progress as he done thus far that could well seem a steal in two or three years. Him & Alonso could be a very good pairing.