Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In other news Marca reporting today that Schalke might go for Mario Gómez to be Raúl's partner (that would work... not).

I'm still not conviced that Raúl outside of Real Madrid will work. So odd.

In other news Marca reporting today that Schalke might go for Mario Gómez to be Raúl's partner (that would work... not).

mobile is the word that doesn't spring to mind on that one. They've bought Jendrisec (Slovak fella) n all this summer.

It won't. He was a great player but he's completely past it and he won't get the protection he got at Madrid in his late years.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It won't. He was a great player but he's completely past it and he won't get the protection he got at Madrid in his late years.

Aye, was used effectively in his later years. Came off the bench when needed and did his role. He'll be knackered if Schalke play him 90mins for 30 games this season. Not sure how different German football is either, I'm sure the lower end of the table in Germany is better quality than in Spain though.

Aye, was used effectively in his later years. Came off the bench when needed and did his role. He'll be knackered if Schalke play him 90mins for 30 games this season. Not sure how different German football is either, I'm sure the lower end of the table in Germany is better quality than in Spain though.

I reckon it'll be t'other way round like. Spains strength in depth is just massively skewed by the two strengths being so far ahead.

David James gone to Bristol City on a one-year deal.

Hopefully that puts paid to the Harper to Celtic, James to Newcastle and so on alleged carousel.

Laughable that a certain poster on here called James a 'very good' goalkeeper.

Bristol City > Celtic, Burnley > Rangers, Maribor 3 > 0 Hibs. Scotlands going to be battling with the faroe islands soon.

Bolton calamity from a couple of years back Gerald Cid has retired at 27.

Hopefully that puts paid to the Harper to Celtic, James to Newcastle and so on alleged carousel.

Laughable that Rob Green was your number 1 choice England goalkeeper.

In respect to English goalkeepers,he is.

Laughable that Rob Green was your number 1 choice England goalkeeper.

Not really, he's better (and had a better season) than James and more experienced than Hart. In retrospect, young Joe should have got the nod, but no choice from the 3 could be considered laughable.