Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Barcelona press reporting we have upped our offer for Cesc to €50m.

That's a lot of money to turn down, if true. 

Aye, I'd accept that. Sure its Fabregas, but thats money that you can rebuild a team with, especially when you've got Jack Wilshire and Ramsay coming through as replacements.

Aye, I'd accept that. Sure its Fabregas, but thats money that you can rebuild a team with, especially when you've got Jack Wilshire and Ramsay coming through as replacements.

hasn't he been snapped in two?  might be a reason wenger is being so reticent - if this lad was fit and ready to step in then the deal might be done already

That's what I mean. I don't care what Wenger says, every player has a value at which the bid is impossible to turn down.

50m Euro might just be that amount. Can see him going if the bid is true.

Barcelona press reporting we have upped our offer for Cesc to 50m.

That'd be unbelievable pressure on young relatively unproven shoulders though. Arsenal would need to buy someone to replace him I reckon if he left. Incidentally thought Kheidera would've been ideal for a team like Arsenal.

what's Wenger gonna do with 50m though?  who's he gonna buy?...alls he ever seems to do is spunk his cash on more unprovens

maybe if he went for someone like derossi at roma or something, i dunno...who else could he get in the position he needs?  realistically

wengers on the verge of properly losing it as it is, 50m and no fabregas might just break him

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

hasn't he been snapped in two?  might be a reason wenger is being so reticent - if this lad was fit and ready to step in then the deal might be done already

Yeah, he's injured this season, but hopefully he's still got his whole career a head of him. If Wenger has one thing down, its planning for the future. A reported 50m Euro bid coming his way, two rising stars to replace Fabregas, seems like a great situation to be in.

That'd be unbelievable pressure on young relatively unproven shoulders though. Arsenal would need to buy someone to replace him I reckon if he left. Incidentally thought Kheidera would've been ideal for a team like Arsenal.

Why? Wenger is one of the best in the business at knowing when a player is or isn't ready for 1st team football. Wilshire has that 'arrogant' swagger commentators love talking about (like Rooney when he was 16). Sure, it'd be a huge ask for him to last the whole season, but there are other players who can step up too, such as Diaby or Nasri.

what's Wenger gonna do with 50m though?  who's he gonna buy?...alls he ever seems to do is spunk his cash on more unprovens

maybe if he went for someone like derossi at roma or something, i dunno...who else could he get in the position he needs?  realistically

wengers on the verge of properly losing it as it is, 50m and no fabregas might just break him

:dontknow:

That would be Wenger's problem. Maybe he thinks buying a couple of defenders would improve the squad/team which would compensate for losing Fabregas?

It's a lot of cash and would Fabregas be giving it 100% if he's not being allowed to join the team he wants to play for? It's a big decision for Wenger and one he can't really get right.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yeah, you've got to imagine his heads been turned now, at the least his heart. Look at what happened that season Henry stayed, he was a shadow of the player he usually was. For that to happen again, again to the player that makes the team tick, won't be a good thing for Arsenal.

Yeah, he's injured this season, but hopefully he's still got his whole career a head of him. If Wenger has one thing down, its planning for the future. A reported 50m Euro bid coming his way, two rising stars to replace Fabregas, seems like a great situation to be in.

Why? Wenger is one of the best in the business at knowing when a player is or isn't ready for 1st team football. Wilshire has that 'arrogant' swagger commentators love talking about (like Rooney when he was 16). Sure, it'd be a huge ask for him to last the whole season, but there are other players who can step up too, such as Diaby or Nasri.

Not fit to lace Fabregas' boots, agree with Nasri though.

Could even end up changing their system and playing

Song  Diaby

Walcott  Arshavin  RVP

Chamakh

To be honest, it's a make it or break it moment for Wenger. Selling Cesc pretty much means no chance of silverware this season, and Arsenal slipping more and more. What point serves his (very successful) youth policy if you end up losing your best products to other teams when they make it?

Teams like Sevilla can get away with that, but they're f***ing Arsenal, they are expected to contend.

To be honest, it's a make it or break it moment for Wenger. Selling Cesc pretty much means no chance of silverware this season, and Arsenal slipping more and more. What point servers his (very successful) youth policy if you end up losing your best products to other teams when they make it?

Teams like Sevilla can get away with that, but they're fucking Arsenal, they are expected to contend.

This is a good point, the problem with relying on youth is that they will leave if you don't achieve success in the meantime.

They'd be better off selling Cesc for 20m in a couple of years time than selling him for 40m now. In that time they could win the Premiership and even the Champions League.

Arsenal's problems are more about signing players than selling them though IMO, maybe Chamakh will turn out to be the striker they've been waiting for.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

To be honest, it's a make it or break it moment for Wenger. Selling Cesc pretty much means no chance of silverware this season, and Arsenal slipping more and more. What point servers his (very successful) youth policy if you end up losing your best products to other teams when they make it?

Teams like Sevilla can get away with that, but they're fucking Arsenal, they are expected to contend.

This is a good point, the problem with relying on youth is that they will leave if you don't achieve success in the meantime.

They'd be better off selling Cesc for 20m in a couple of years time than selling him for 40m now. In that time they could win the Premiership and even the Champions League.

Arsenal's problems are more about signing players than selling them though IMO, maybe Chamakh will turn out to be the striker they've been waiting for.

Think he will, probably signing of the season. Even more so since he was a free.

Will he play if he goes to Barca? Surely Xavi still has a couple seasons in him. Would they push Iniesta out wide? Would Villa push out Ibra in that case? Surely quite harsh on Pedro?

Either way, there will be some problems as they will need to leave a big name on the bench.

Will he play if he goes to Barca? Surely Xavi still has a couple seasons in him. Would they push Iniesta out wide? Would Villa push out Ibra in that case? Surely quite harsh on Pedro?

Either way, there will be some problems as they will need to leave a big name on the bench.

Iniesta out wide to begin with I'd have thought, use Pedro as an impact sub, and then very very slowly fazing Xavi out of the team.

Iniesta out wide to begin with I'd have thought, use Pedro as an impact sub, and then very very slowly fazing Xavi out of the team.

That was what I thought. But Xavi is just so brilliant and non-reliant on physical attributes that he could easily play till he is 33-34 in that Barca side.

That was what I thought. But Xavi is just so brilliant and non-reliant on physical attributes that he could easily play till he is 33-34 in that Barca side.

Oh definitely, Xavi still has loads of years left in him which is why i don't understand the Cesc saga really but i guess its more of statement of intent thing for Barca.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is it not to create 2 squads for League and Champions League success? I know they hardly need it given the last few seasons, but it must ware on the players.

Fabregas is staying at Arsenal.

"Firstly I would like to apologise to all the Arsenal fans for not speaking sooner about my future but I have not known what I was going to do until this moment,"

"I cannot deny that joining a club like Barcelona was not an attractive move for me. This was the club where I learnt my football, it is my home town where my friends and family are and a club where I have always dreamed of playing. There are not many players in the world who would not want to play for Barcelona.

"I have had many conversations with Arsene Wenger both in person and over the phone over the last few months and although the content of those conversations will remain private, the conclusion is that Barcelona have had two formal offers rejected by Arsenal.

"I am a professional and I fully understand that it is Arsenal's prerogative not to sell me.

"I owe a lot to the club, manager and the fans and I will respect their decision and will now concentrate on the new season ahead with Arsenal.

"I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100 per cent focused on playing for Arsenal.

"I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch, that is the only club I will be thinking about.

"I am looking forward to the start of the season and putting this speculation behind me."