Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Chris P

How sweet would it be to get Bellamy?

Would dramatically change our situation this year imo.

Carroll - Bellamy - Ben Arfa

Jonas - Nolan - Barton - Routledge

Enrique - Colo - Williamson

Harper

:shifty:

Terrible formation.

:facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

Carvalho to Madrid.

6.7M good deal for chelsea that, considering his age

Aye they need someone younger and quicker to play alongside Terry.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Carvalho to Madrid.

6.7M good deal for chelsea that, considering his age

Aye they need someone younger and quicker to play alongside Terry.

Whole team needs replacements, think last season was their peak in regards to the current players. Can't see them winning this season - my 'money' is on Arsenal. Though Chelsea's squad did give them 5 seasons of good football, so it wasn't a bad thing to buy them in their prime and keep them going into old age.

After being linked with 20m+ moves for the likes of Maicon, Cole, Thiago Silva... they end up with Carvalho at 7m. Reality setting in even at that place, I guess.

They are still sitting at about €60m net spend for the season, mind.

I bet they have the money have a big accepted for Cesc  :fishing:

Didn't Bellamy say a few weeks ago he wants to join Cardiff? Although theres no way they'd be able to afford his wages

i remember early this year he said it, again he wouldn't be bothered about wages since he'd know they wouldn't be able to afford them

I do wonder whether City will have a bit of a problem offloading some of their players. They won't want to sell them to their rivals, but only the top clubs will be able to afford their wages.

After being linked with 20m+ moves for the likes of Maicon, Cole, Thiago Silva... they end up with Carvalho at 7m. Reality setting in even at that place, I guess.

They are still sitting at about 60m net spend for the season, mind.

Carvalho is a very good player if he can stay fit. That has been a massive question the last few seasons though. Interesting how Chelsea go about replacing him. They've lost quite a few of their older players this close season.

Senderos ruptured his achilles today in training, out for 8-9 months, poor Phillipe :(

Thank f*** we didn't go for him.

It a bit ridiculous to assume he would have torn his achilles had he signed with us. He would have been training on a different pitch with different players. There i no correlation between the events.

They are still sitting at about 60m net spend for the season, mind.

Carvalho is a very good player if he can stay fit. That has been a massive question the last few seasons though. Interesting how Chelsea go about replacing him. They've lost quite a few of their older players this close season.

Always been a great fan of Carvalho. If he stays fit he'll do a good job for them, only short term but it will work.

They are still sitting at about €60m net spend for the season, mind.

I bet they have the money have a big accepted for Cesc  :fishing:

That's a good question. They are only slightly ahead of us in terms of revenue but have been consistently spending more, yet we are the ones that apparently are broke.

Yes, there is a correlation. It's the same human being with the same achilles.

For achilles to rupture, something has to occur. Usually you are impactd from behind or it gives out when you push off to jump or sprint. There is no guarantee that this occurs on a different pitch at a different club. The achilles of Senderos as a Newcastle player exists completely seperatly from the achilles of Senderos as an Arsenal player.

For achilles to rupture, something has to occur. Usually you are impactd from behind or it gives out when you push off to jump or sprint. There is no guarantee that this occurs on a different pitch at a different club. The achilles of Senderos as a Newcastle player exists completely seperatly from the achilles of Senderos as an Arsenal player.

I see a Schroedinger cat somewhere in this.

I see a Schroedinger cat somewhere in this.

Maybe Senderos could sue us for not buying him.

Does it bollocks. If a body part is susceptible to injury, it's susceptible to injury wherever. Direct trauma might well be a factor, but chances are this was coming for a while. Wear and tear or persistent inflamation being likely contributors if so. I've ruptered mine twice by the way, so this isn't arguing for the sake of it, for once.

They'd be better off loaning Bellamy out to some mid table club (Fulham or Blackburn) and paying half (or all) his wages than to sell to Villa or Spurs.

City are adopting an 'anyone but Spurs' attitude, can't blame them, I'd want Spurs to do the same if we were in their position.

Bellamy's agent says CB's first choice is Spurs but wouldn't be unhappy about Celtic if that could be arranged, preferable to either Blackburn or Bolton.