Other clubs' transfers

Dave

What kind of a midfielder is Ramires? Anyone know much about him?

Defensive-minded midfielder. A bit peculiar though, wiry, thin... has monster stamina and a great pace. The kind of player that's everywhere. I would say he isn't technically great for a Brazilian, but breaks forward well with his athleticism.

Defensive-minded midfielder. A bit peculiar though, wiry, thin... has monster stamina and a great pace. The kind of player that's everywhere. I would say he isn't technically great for a Brazilian, but breaks forward well with his athleticism.

Cheers  :thup:

That's interesting. So probably a replacement for Obi Mikel then? Sitting deeper while Lampard and Essien go forward from the middle I would assume.

I think it's a genuine 3-horse race between Chelsea and both Manchesters this year. Arsenal, Spurs & Liverpool for 4th place, probably in that order.

I think we're definitely in the mix for 4th.

I think it's a genuine 3-horse race between Chelsea and both Manchesters this year. Arsenal, Spurs & Liverpool for 4th place, probably in that order.

Don't think you're as good as those six.

I just hope we beat City in the first game. If they get going early I think they'll be pretty damn good. Liverpool will only have a good season if everyone stays fit. It's going to be an almighty pile-up.

I just hope we beat City in the first game. If they get going early I think they'll be pretty damn good. Liverpool will only have a good season if everyone stays fit. It's going to be an almighty pile-up.

What do you envisage your starting lineup being tomorrow?

Watched City's first choice 11 against Valencia. Not sure your defence will be up to it if King and/or Woodgate are missing.

I noticed your record last season with and without Arteta btw. Very impressive when he was playing.

I saw the stats on Sky yesterday.

It's always a fair bit better with Arteta, than without, but it was skewed to a ridiculous extent last season because Arteta being injured coincided with a several other key players being out.

Cheers  :thup:

That's interesting. So probably a replacement for Obi Mikel then? Sitting deeper while Lampard and Essien go forward from the middle I would assume.

Hmm...From what I've seen of him, he's pretty much Essien-lite. He's likes to run around doing everything all of the time, so he's not really a holding player, I think. I suppose he could be played there though. To me it seems like he's more insurance for the oft-injured Essien and replacement for the departed Ballack.

What do you envisage your starting lineup being tomorrow?

Watched City's first choice 11 against Valencia. Not sure your defence will be up to it if King and/or Woodgate are missing.

Sorry, been away. I reckon Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, King, Bale, Lennon, Hudd, Palacios, Modric, Crouch, Keane. Some question marks over Defoe, Bale and Corluka (injury). Our midweek game is on Young Boys' astroturf so expect Bassong to start that one.

James Beattie has packed his bags and left for Glasgow Rangers FC, a source close to him has revealed he didn't know whether the deal was going to go through until 00:25AM on Saturday morning when Newcastle-Online confirmed the transfer.