Other clubs' transfers

Dave

So according to BBC, Prince Boateng was bought by Genoa and immediately loaned to AC Milan who will buy him at the end of the loan. Very odd deal. I presume that the future fee Milan will pay them is higher than what they paid Portsmouth. They should just hope the euro maintains its value over this period.

I'm also very happy the Marseille seem to be making swift progress in trying to acquire Gignac and Remy. These should have been the original types of targets instead of targeting Fabiano, Gilardino, and similar players. Hopefully this can expedite a potential Ben Arfa to Newcastle transfer as well.

Nowt bent about that Boateng transfer at all. Bloody Italians.

Preziosi explains Boateng transfer

http://www.football-italia.net/aug17q.html

What's Milan's squad like re 25/foreigners/etc?

The loan system seems to be rendering the regulations meaningless.

Vladimir Weiss having a medical at Rangers, loan move.

Would have him here in a flash.

I think teams might be reluctant to loan players to their immediate rivals.

I doubt that we would count at Man City rivals.

Might some good deals to be had if Real go ahead with their clear out.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/42413/Bernabeu_stars_told_We_need_to_lighten_the_squad.aspx

Real Madrid have put a host of Premier League clubs on red alert after admitting they must trim their squad ahead of the new season. The La Liga giants will not jettison any of their Spanish contingent but a number of their squad players face an uncertain few weeks before the window closes as Jose Mourinho assesses which of his galaxy of stars to sell.

Rafael Van der Vaart could be one of the most high-profile departures from the Bernabeu despite his recent pledge to stay and fight for his future, with Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal all being linked with 27-year-old over the last 18-months.

Others being linked with exits in Spanish publication Marca, are Mahamadou Diarra, Fernando Gago and Lassana Diarra following the recent captures of Sami Khedira and Mesut Ozil.

Last January Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal were believed to be coveting Van Der Vaart, with Gunners star Robin Van Persie urging Arsene Wenger to move for his compatriot, and although the link has since gone quiet, a cut price move for the former Ajax prodigy may be in the offing following the untimely injury sustained by Samir Nasri.

Likewise Tottenham Hotspur have struggled to bring players into the club, having missed out on Joe Cole and recently Craig Bellamy, and the Holland international could be available for as little as £8 million.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is another admirer of Van der Vaart and has previously been linked with Lassana Diarra.

Real Madrid’s general manager told Marca: “We have 26 players right now, so we need to lighten the squad and it will happen in the coming days.

“This position does not affect the Spanish players currently on our books.”

At the world cup he was brilliant, one of Germany's best players, would have loved Arsenal to sign up to play alongside Song.

I didn't really notice him, that's why I was asking. Suppose everyone was busy jizzing off over Ozil.

I thought Muller had a better tournament, but he's not been linked with anyone.

At the world cup he was brilliant, one of Germany's best players, would have loved Arsenal to sign up to play alongside Song.

I didn't really notice him, that's why I was asking. Suppose everyone was busy jizzing off over Ozil.

But he's at Bayern, not Werder or Stuttgart.

Couldn't look more German if he tried either.

So according to BBC, Prince Boateng was bought by Genoa and immediately loaned to AC Milan who will buy him at the end of the loan. Very odd deal. I presume that the future fee Milan will pay them is higher than what they paid Portsmouth. They should just hope the euro maintains its value over this period.

I'm also very happy the Marseille seem to be making swift progress in trying to acquire Gignac and Remy. These should have been the original types of targets instead of targeting Fabiano, Gilardino, and similar players. Hopefully this can expedite a potential Ben Arfa to Newcastle transfer as well.

Nowt bent about that Boateng transfer at all. Bloody Italians.

Preziosi explains Boateng transfer

http://www.football-italia.net/aug17q.html

What's Milan's squad like re 25/foreigners/etc?

The loan system seems to be rendering the regulations meaningless.

Milan have a boatload of Italians.

Guest Roger Kint

Killgallon to Boro on loan

1 second and word for word.  :shifty:

Word for word? ???

Verbatim

verbatim [vɜːˈbeɪtɪm]

adv & adj

using exactly the same words; word for word

:undecided:

If there was a player I would have wanted us to sign from Germany it is Müller, he was truly great and I felt relieved when he missed the semis against Spain. But as said, he's at Bayern.

Yep, thought he was one of the main reasons Germany did so well at the World Cup.

Good for him, though, that he's staying at Bayern.

Frimpong out for 6-9 months with a cruciate injury. Shame for the lad, he wasn't going to start weekly but he would have started enough for people to take notice of him and maybe get a decent loan.

If there was a player I would have wanted us to sign from Germany it is Müller, he was truly great and I felt relieved when he missed the semis against Spain. But as said, he's at Bayern.

Weird kind of player as i wouldn't say he has any stand out qualities, just good at everything, not too disimilar to Frank Lampard in a Chelsea shirt in that way. (obviously different kind of players though)