Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Everyone moans about pointless bureaucracy in this country / THE WORLD, yet when football is involved, and Spurs are involved, you're all massive fans. Unsurprising tbh.

Football should not be hindered by stupid things like this, Rafael Van der Vaart should not have 6 months of his career wasted because of delayed paperwork. People need to TAKE A LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRRA, MAN.

As far as I'm concerned, the system is working just fine how it is.

It's obviously not, because the system has been bent to allow a transfer to go through.

Christ, get a life man.  :lol:

It's making a mockery of the transfer window. Honestly what's the point of the rules being there if they aren't going to stick to it? Might as well get rid of the offside rule too. Oh, and the tapping up thing - let's take Robbie Keane out for dinner tomorrow and get him to sign for us.

I won't 'get a life' because this is just ridiculous. Whenever we step out of line, they slam the rule book shut on us straight away, but when a 'bigger' London club does it, they're f***ing laying down the red carpet and practically driving to White Hart Lane to pick up the paperwork for them.

What is the point of rules if people aren't going to stick to them?

Do you even know what happened to hold the deal?

It's irrelevant. If the transfer wasn't done by 6pm, it shouldn't stand.

Everyone else stopped work at 6pm. Some clubs probably even lost out on players because they had to stop at 6 - why should Spurs be any different?

That's bollocks. Why do you even assume it's Spurs' fault? Maybe they'd done everything they needed to and the 'technical reasons' were on the FA's side.

Everyone moans about pointless bureaucracy in this country / THE WORLD, yet when football is involved, and Spurs are involved, you're all massive fans. Unsurprising tbh.

Football should not be hindered by stupid things like this, Rafael Van der Vaart should not have 6 months of his career wasted because of delayed paperwork. People need to TAKE A LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRRA, MAN.

As far as I'm concerned, the system is working just fine how it is.

It's obviously not, because the system has been bent to allow a transfer to go through.

Christ, get a life man.  :lol:

It's making a mockery of the transfer window. Honestly what's the point of the rules being there if they aren't going to stick to it? Might as well get rid of the offside rule too. Oh, and the tapping up thing - let's take Robbie Keane out for dinner tomorrow and get him to sign for us.

I won't 'get a life' because this is just ridiculous. Whenever we step out of line, they slam the rule book shut on us straight away, but when a 'bigger' London club does it, they're f***ing laying down the red carpet and practically driving to White Hart Lane to pick up the paperwork for them.

What is the point of rules if people aren't going to stick to them?

Do you even know what happened to hold the deal?

It's irrelevant. If the transfer wasn't done by 6pm, it shouldn't stand.

Everyone else stopped work at 6pm. Some clubs probably even lost out on players because they had to stop at 6 - why should Spurs be any different?

That's bollocks. Why do you even assume it's Spurs' fault? Maybe they'd done everything they needed to and the 'technical reasons' were on the FA's side.

Because then the FA would turn around and say "Listen, it's our fault, we'll sort it" as opposed to Spurs having to appeal. There'd be no need to appeal if it wasn't their fault/at their end.

If i was going to pay £8m for the breakfast though i'd definitely be there on time.

10:50 is on time.

You're an idiot for comparing an £8m signing of a player to a McDonalds breakfast and you're an idiot for trying to be a pedant when it's so blatant what was meant.

Guest firetotheworks

If i was going to pay £8m for the breakfast though i'd definitely be there on time.

10:50 is on time.

You're an idiot for comparing an £8m signing of a player to a McDonalds breakfast and you're an idiot for trying to be a pedant when it's so blatant what was meant.

You're an idiot for thinking an analogy is a comparison.

Guest firetotheworks

Well it was a s*** analogy.

I don't see how.

The analogy was in reference to people winging over it, rather than the actual deal. Basically like someone behind that person in the queue going 'No, he shouldn't get it!' when they give him the breakfast.

I don't even know what your problem is. You're being a bit of a dick really.

Miss a bus by a minute? Tough shit you should have left earlier

Miss a deadline for handing an assignment? Tough shit you should have left earlier

Miss paying some money into the bank to pay a bill? Tough shit, put up with the consequences

Miss a deadline for signing a player? That's absolutely fine, you can complete it in your own time.

Not annoyed at Spurs in particular, they know the FA are weak as piss and will just do the paperwork anyway. It's the FA who need a kick up the hoop.

I don't see how.

The analogy was in reference to people winging over it, rather than the actual deal. Basically like someone behind that person in the queue going 'No, he shouldn't get it!' when they give him the breakfast.

But there's no competition between the people getting the breakfast.  You're going to have to extend your analogy to make it so that they're buying the McDonald's breakfasts in preparation for a food fight upon which a large amount of money is being waged by asain businessmen.

I miss a deadline at Uni, it gets rejected and I fail.

A football team miss a deadline for a transfer, they allow it to go through because they were 'close enough'.

What's fair in that?

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see how.

But there's no competition between the people getting the breakfast.  You're going to have to extend your analogy to make it so that they're buying the McDonald's breakfasts in preparation for a food fight upon which a large amount of money is being waged by asain businessmen.

No I dont, because the analogy is about the people moaning about it, not the actual breakfast. Fucking hell, it's shouldn't need to get that complicated. People are whinging about a rule that has been bent for other teams, and will be bent for us. I don't see the problem.

Miss a bus by a minute? Tough s*** you should have left earlier

Miss a deadline for handing an assignment? Tough s*** you should have left earlier

Miss paying some money into the bank to pay a bill? Tough s***, put up with the consequences

Miss a deadline for signing a player? That's absolutely fine, you can complete it in your own time.

Not annoyed at Spurs in particular, they know the FA are weak as piss and will just do the paperwork anyway. It's the FA who need a kick up the hoop.

Those aren't true, everyone's missed a deadline at Uni by an hour or something, and had no problem.

And the other one you'd just phone up the company to sort it out.

Either way this direction has gone too far.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

A football team miss a deadline for a transfer, they allow it to go through because they were 'close enough'.

What's fair in that?

Totally untrue. Every Uni takes into account mitigating circumstances, including technical difficulties.

What's fair in that?

Totally untrue. Every Uni takes into account mitigating circumstances, including technical difficulties.

Not if I come to them AFTER the deadline.

What's fair in that?

If there was a reason you couldn't get to them before the deadline they would take that into accountotherwise its your own fault.

Guest firetotheworks

What's fair in that?

Again, not true.

Whatever though. Agree to disagree. It's the least fun debate of all time.

As long as Spurs were in the process of completing the deal before the deadline hit, I'm perfectly fine with the deal going through. The transfer window should be a rough outline of when players can switch clubs. We should not be depriving Real Madrid of eight million pounds because Tottenham's paperwork arrived a bit late.

As long as Spurs were in the process of completing the deal before the deadline hit, I'm perfectly fine with the deal going through. The transfer window should be a rough outline of when players can switch clubs. We should not be depriving Real Madrid of eight million pounds because Tottenham's paperwork arrived a bit late.

Your not depriving them of anything, clubs can still sign players and contracts can be signed, its the player registration that is late.  i.e the transfer can go through anytime but the player won't be registered and cannot play until the next window.  RM would still get their money.

Guest Heneage

What's fair in that?

Bollocks, you go to Northumbria.  :razz:

Your not depriving them of anything, clubs can still sign players and contracts signed, its the registration that is late.  i.e the transfer can go through anytime but the player won;t be registered and cannot play until the next window.  RM would still get their money.

Yeah, fair point actually. It would be ridiculous to hold a player's career in limbo because of something so minuscule as paperwork though.

Because Real Madrid will go under and Spurs will get relegated if they don't sign Van Der Vaart before January.

The transfer only came up two hours before the deadline. It's not like they've been chasing him all summer.

So Redknapp the only manager in England allowed to sign players after the deadline?

:lol:

Much like Arsenal getting special dispensation from the FA and signing Arshavin a whole day after the window you mean?

The deal was already submitted to the FA, just travel arrangements due to weather conditions meant they couldn't confirm it properly; the window was extended to all who had already agreed a deal before the window closed.

So basically nothing like this.