Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Everyone moans about pointless bureaucracy in this country / THE WORLD, yet when football is involved, and Spurs are involved, you're all massive fans. Unsurprising tbh.

Football should not be hindered by stupid things like this, Rafael Van der Vaart should not have 6 months of his career wasted because of delayed paperwork. People need to TAKE A LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRRA, MAN.

As far as I'm concerned, the system is working just fine how it is.

Harry, is that you?

Yeah, fuck the rules. Let's all just gan mad and do what the fuck we want. :lol:

I fancy a new telly, what do you mean I've got to pay for it? I'll just smash the window and take it. Fuck these new 'paying' rules. I don't fancy paying my gas bill this month, they can fuck off - new rules.  :lol:

Honestly, man

Harry Redknapp quotes for you, then: "It (The Rafael van der Vaart  deal) is still dragging on. We have been trying to do something but we are waiting to see if it has all gone through and we are hoping it has. It's something to do with clearance. I think he was going to Bayern Munich yesterday for £18m and suddenly he became much cheaper. They let me know around 1600 BST that he was available for £8m and for that money he is a top player who will definitely improve us. The fee has come crashing down because the deadline is so close. He's a great passer of the ball, he's a top footballer, he will join in here and be a big plus for us. We were also interested in Ryan Babel, he was a player we made an enquiry about but it never came close."

I can never work out whether quotes like this from redknapp are bollocks or not.

Madrid denying Bayern ever offer £18m for VDV (from Real's official website)

"It is absolutely false that Real Madrid received a 21 million euro offer from Bayern Munich for Van der Vaart. In fact, the German team never showed an interest to sign the player, so the allegations made in England have greatly surprised us."

Guest firetotheworks

Everyone moans about pointless bureaucracy in this country / THE WORLD, yet when football is involved, and Spurs are involved, you're all massive fans. Unsurprising tbh.

Football should not be hindered by stupid things like this, Rafael Van der Vaart should not have 6 months of his career wasted because of delayed paperwork. People need to TAKE A LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRRA, MAN.

It's obviously not, because the system has been bent to allow a transfer to go through.

Christ, get a life man.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Does this mean the agreed Keane loan deal can now go through?

:lol:

Fucking hell Laurel, you're a parody of yourself.

It's obviously not, because the system has been bent to allow a transfer to go through.

It's making a mockery of the transfer window. Honestly what's the point of the rules being there if they aren't going to stick to it? Might as well get rid of the offside rule too. Oh, and the tapping up thing - let's take Robbie Keane out for dinner tomorrow and get him to sign for us.

I won't 'get a life' because this is just ridiculous. Whenever we step out of line, they slam the rule book shut on us straight away, but when a 'bigger' London club does it, they're fucking laying down the red carpet and practically driving to White Hart Lane to pick up the paperwork for them.

What is the point of rules if people aren't going to stick to them?

Guest firetotheworks

It's making a mockery of the transfer window. Honestly what's the point of the rules being there if they aren't going to stick to it? Might as well get rid of the offside rule too. Oh, and the tapping up thing - let's take Robbie Keane out for dinner tomorrow and get him to sign for us.

I won't 'get a life' because this is just ridiculous. Whenever we step out of line, they slam the rule book shut on us straight away, but when a 'bigger' London club does it, they're f***ing laying down the red carpet and practically driving to White Hart Lane to pick up the paperwork for them.

My point still stands, I don't think any of that warrants a reply to be brutally honest.

I won't 'get a life' because this is just ridiculous. Whenever we step out of line, they slam the rule book shut on us straight away, but when a 'bigger' London club does it, they're fucking laying down the red carpet and practically driving to White Hart Lane to pick up the paperwork for them.

Do you even know what happened to hold the deal?

I won't 'get a life' because this is just ridiculous. Whenever we step out of line, they slam the rule book shut on us straight away, but when a 'bigger' London club does it, they're f***ing laying down the red carpet and practically driving to White Hart Lane to pick up the paperwork for them.

Do you even know what happened to hold the deal?

It's irrelevant. If the transfer wasn't done by 6pm, it shouldn't stand.

Everyone else stopped work at 6pm. Some clubs probably even lost out on players because they had to stop at 6 - why should Spurs be any different?

Guest firetotheworks

I bet you'd kick up a fuss if you were in the queue for a McDonalds Breakfast at 10:50, and got to the till at 11:01 and they wouldn't give you it, even though you could see it behind the till.

But no, rules are rules.