Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Seriously you're all just saying they shouldn't be allowed because it's Spurs. There's no good reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

Well if they got the paperwork in in time then it should be allowed.

If they didn't, it shouldn't.

Otherwise there's no point in a deadline.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't understand a lot of the Spurs hate on here but on this occasion it's a simple case (if we are to believe those reports) of them not meeting the deadline, and as such, the transfer shouldn't be allowed to go through.

Totally. It's the animosity towards them that I don't get. I let that go we were no longer competing.

I would assume the transfer windows existed for the purpose of creating stability and ensuring some level of fairness throughout the season, i.e. Man Utd can't rob Andy Carroll if Rooney picks up a massive knee injury 10 games through the season (once AC's banged in 35 goals). If this deal wasn't "on the table" before the deadline, I'd agree, but it was on the table and it just took time to fill in some fucking paperwork.

Guest kingdawson

Arsenal got special dispensation for the Arshavin deal (snow) and they also got it for the Gallas Cole swap deal that was completed AFTER the deadline. Manchester City also completed the Benjani deal a day after the dealine and the premiership allowed it.

I would assume the transfer windows existed for the purpose of creating stability and ensuring some level of fairness throughout the season, i.e. Man Utd can't rob Andy Carroll if Rooney picks up a massive knee injury 10 games through the season (once AC's banged in 35 goals). If this deal wasn't "on the table" before the deadline, I'd agree, but it was on the table and it just took time to fill in some fucking paperwork.

But how do you know whether a deal was on the table?

Anyone could say anything about what was or wasn't agreed... the only certain thing is whether it was completed and submitted in time for the transfer deadline.

It lasts for weeks FFS, there should be no excuses for failing to complete in time. Everyone knows the position.

But how do you know whether a deal was on the table?

Anyone could say anything about what was or wasn't agreed... the only certain thing is whether it was completed and submitted in time for the transfer deadline.

It lasts for weeks FFS, there should be no excuses for failing to complete in time. Everyone knows the position.

As Bluestar's already said, Spurs played the brinksmanship to the limit and waited until yesterday afternoon to do business. I'd wager Madrid hawked him around for a knock-down fee because they wanted him sold and were prepared to make a big loss on him. They waited and waited and got a good player for a small fee but didn't leave enough time to get it completed.

The deal's either done or it's not. Spurs, or any other club, can't turn around and say ''well it's not done but it's nearly done, so can we sign him anyway?" The answer should be 'no, you shouldn't have waited so long to get the deal started. It's not complete so he can't be registered.'

They won't though and it's not right imo.

It doesn't matter who it is. A deadline is a deadline.

If the paperwork wasn't completed and handed in by 6pm yesterday evening then the transfer shouldn't be allowed to go through - it's completely irrelevant that it's Spurs.

It's a fucking deadline ffs. What's the point of it if the VdV transfer is allowed to go through?

I thought when the transfer window was introduced is was said that it would somehow protect the lower league clubs rather then affect the EPL clubs ?

Arsenal got special dispensation for the Arshavin deal (snow) and they also got it for the Gallas Cole swap deal that was completed AFTER the deadline. Manchester City also completed the Benjani deal a day after the dealine and the premiership allowed it.

It doesn't make it right :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think he's saying it does.

He's pretty much saying "They were allowed to do it, so we should be!" - that's not a valid excuse at all.

Of course it fucking is! It's actually exactly a valid excuse. One rule for everyone. If it's 'broken' by one, and overruled, then that becomes the new rule.

Everyone moans about pointless bureaucracy in this country / THE WORLD, yet when football is involved, and Spurs are involved, you're all massive fans. Unsurprising tbh.

Football should not be hindered by stupid things like this, Rafael Van der Vaart should not have 6 months of his career wasted because of delayed paperwork. People need to TAKE A LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRRA, MAN.

As far as I'm concerned, the system is working just fine how it is.

Be interesting to see where he plays. Not sure whether he is disciplined enough to play central in a 4-4-2 and Spurs don't have the forwards to play a 4-5-1 IMO although I guess at a push Crouch could operate there.

Everyone moans about pointless bureaucracy in this country / THE WORLD, yet when football is involved, and Spurs are involved, you're all massive fans. Unsurprising tbh.

Football should not be hindered by stupid things like this, Rafael Van der Vaart should not have 6 months of his career wasted because of delayed paperwork. People need to TAKE A LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRRA, MAN.

As far as I'm concerned, the system is working just fine how it is.

It's obviously not, because the system has been bent to allow a transfer to go through.