Other clubs' transfers

Dave

It was based on there starting 11 on Saturday

Foster is not that much better than Harper.

He is far more prone to dropping a bollock

Foster has the ability to move his legs and arms in a timely manner though, something that is but a pipe-dream for wor Steve.

Birmingham did well enough to push for another top ten finish imo.

Foster = Harper

Carr < Perch

Johnson = Taylor

Ridgewell = Campbell

Dann < Enrique

Bowyer < Barton

Gardner < Tiote

Ferguson > Smith

Larsson < Ben Arfa

McFadden = Jonas

Jerome = Carroll

Hleb > Routledge

Zigic = Ameobi

This may be a bit blinkered with my B&W goggles but i dont think i am far out with my analysis. If they are really looking at top 10 with there squad i dont think we are too far behind

Thoughts?

Even though Tiote and HBA have never played in the prem you can easily make judgements on them and compare them to others?  :doh:

It was based on there starting 11 on Saturday

Foster is not that much better than Harper.

He is far more prone to dropping a bollock

Harper wouldn't have come off his line to catch said bollock in the first place so there's no chance of him dropping it

Sadly i think Everton failed. Even though they're our rivals i still hoped they'd let Moyes spend some cash. Beckford looks ok but pretty brainless. They needed a quality striker to compensate for Saha missing half their games.

Aiyegbeni's record speaks for itself.

Don't know what Moyes is playing at with Yak, if he wanted to sell him then it needed to be done weeks and weeks ago and a replacement signed.

We've ended up with a situation where he's played about an hour of the whole pre-season and hasn't even made the bench for the first 4 games. His match fitness is going to be non-existant when we're desperate for somebody to come in to the side up front.

Good window for Sunderland? Really? Don't think they've improved too much.

I think they've rolled the dice on most of their signings, could go either way. There's only Onuoha and Mensah who they know what to expect from, and one of them will only play a relatively low percentage of the games.

Good window for Sunderland? Really? Don't think they've improved too much.

Don't think we can call Sunderland's window just yet. Lot's of 'gambles' which may come off or they might struggle to adapt.

Rumours are that the Angeleri bloke might be an absolut plank and Bruce daren't play him for example. Onouha's an excellent loan deal......Gyan might be good.....they'll miss Jones....Cattermole will miss Cana.....Campbell's out for most of the season.....will Riveros adapt.......can Bramble last the season.......can Mensah stay fit.....

Their season is up in the air imo. 

Kind of surprised no-one moved for Suarez from Ajax.  Good f***ing striker.

Also from Ajax, El Hamdaoui, he's been quality; how come he wasn't given a go at you lot KD?

Couldn't settle in England, wanted to go back to Holland.  Being loaned to Derby, dislocating his shoulder twice and doing his knee didn't help either.  Arnesen said he would become a world class striker, going over the top a bit, but no doubt Mounir has got talent.

Is there any link for a summary of transfer activities ?

Sunderland did Ok. However I fear Asamoah Gyan will end up an expensive flop.

Why do people say Everton did badly ? They have a good squad and they don't need any radical changes.

Why do people say Everton did badly ? They have a good squad and they don't need any radical changes.

Oh i don't fear him being an expensive flop, i hope he is.

Guest Chubby Jason

So, with Spurs having 43346543 central midfielders, where is Van der Vaart going to fit? Is it true that they will go 451?

Seems they just signed him for the sake of it. I can't see them going 4-5-1 as that would involve dropping Defoe as he needs a partner...pointless signing to be honest.

??? I'm sure you're a mackem.

Guest Chubby Jason

They can always play a 4-2-2-2 a la Brazil.

Playing Palacios- Huddlestone behind Modric-VDV/Kranjcar

'Arry would rather sell Sandra into slavery than play a formation like that.

Arry hasn't thought this through I'm afraid.. Playing VdV requires another couple of CMs behind him.. and that would mean Defoe being dropped. The alternative is to play with 2 upfront and drop the wingers but Bale and Lennon are pretty much their most dangerous attacking players..

What happened to the Brazillian wonderkid.. Sandro, is he injured or somet?

Sandro        -            Huddlestone

Model(MASSIVELOL)

Van Der Vaart

Defoe          -            Crouch

Sandro - Huddlestone

Lennon -          VdV              - Modric

Crouch

I just don't understand. It's losing what's good for Spuds at the moment. Shit signing, should have spent the £8m on a reliable CB

That's why it's such a silly signing if they are going to accommodate him in the starting line-up.

Huddlestone-Modric

Lennon      -VdV-            Bale

Crouch