Other clubs' transfers

Dave

VDV is top quality, happy to see him off Real Madrid since I always liked him as a footballer.

Casuals always trot out this nonsense, the VDV you're thinking of was way back in 2006. He isn't same player anymore.

The VDV I'm thinking was taking the field for Real Madrid last season, when he outplayed Kaká (granted, not such a paramount achievement anymore). Certainly he needs somebody else to do the grunt work, but he's a top quality AM.

So Redknapp the only manager in England allowed to sign players after the deadline?

:lol:

Much like Arsenal getting special dispensation from the FA and signing Arshavin a whole day after the window you mean?

Wasn't that because of the snow and he couldnt arrive in London? Looked pretty sunny in London yesterday, and I presume it did in Madrid too

VDV is top quality, happy to see him off Real Madrid since I always liked him as a footballer.

Casuals always trot out this nonsense, the VDV you're thinking of was way back in 2006. He isn't same player anymore.

The VDV I'm thinking was taking the field for Real Madrid last season, where he was better than Kaká for them. Certainly he needs somebody else to do the grunt work, but he's a top quality AM.

Another quality player Real Madrid have just wasted, much like they did with Robben and Sneijder. I will never understand how a club like Madrid works; seems like all they do year in year out is spend a huge amount only to move sideways in terms of quality in their squad..

When is "of late"? He was poor most of last year. Disasterous at the World Cup and once again diasterous against Young Boys and Wigan. He may have played alright in Spurs' three other matches this season, but that's a pretty good rate of being awful.

You're always spot on in regards to us and i don't like disagreeing with you but on this occasion i have to disagree. Ekotto was superb last season and i rate him highly.

Ekotto wasn't a better fullback than Lee Young-Pyo when he pushed him out of the team. Probably still isn't when the latter is now 34 and playing in the Saudi league.

No, I'm not bitter :)

You can never trust a footballer who doesn't love the game IMO.

Kind of surprised no-one moved for Suarez from Ajax.  Good fucking striker.

Also from Ajax, El Hamdaoui, he's been quality; how come he wasn't given a go at you lot KD?

He only moved to Ajax in the summer.

Suarez will make or break himself in the Champions League I reckon. Big clubs will still want to know if he can do it at the highest level despite the WC.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6352239,00.html

Spurs hit Van der Vaart hitch

Special dispensation required from Premier League

Sky Sports News understands Tottenham Hotspur missed the deadline to finalise the paperwork for the signing of Rafael van der Vaart.

Spurs made a late bid to bring in Holland international Van der Vaart and tried to complete the deal before Tuesday's 6pm cut-off.

However, it is understood that technical issues prevented the necessary paperwork from being completed and Spurs have now requested special dispensation from the Premier League to add the midfielder to their squad.

On what grounds should they be allowed? It's hardly an emergency situation - and the deadline's there for everyone else.

Fucking hate em man. Detestable cunts.

Same, there's very little chance this really deserves special dispensation.

What, were all of the computers and fax machines in White Hart Lane broken or something? Or can Harry just not work one?

Does anyone seriously expect them NOT to get him signed?

They shouldn't but they will. The FA are weak as piss with the bigger teams and they'll cave in. 

Oh he'll be a Spurs player by the end of the week, no doubt about it. They'll stick their finger in one of the tranfer window's poxy loopholes and it'll be done with. Total bollocks man.

Nyargh.

There's no way the other Prem clubs should allow this to happen.This is just making a mockery of the window.They've had 2 months to do business FFS.

Agree.

The dealine is the deadline. The FA made it 6 pm on the 31st August and if the paperwork wasn't done, for whatever reason, then the transfer shouldn't happen. It will though.

There's no way the other Prem clubs should allow this to happen.This is just making a mockery of the window.They've had 2 months to do business FFS.

Agree.

The dealine is the deadline. The FA made it 6 pm on the 31st August and if the paperwork wasn't done, for whatever reason, then the transfer shouldn't happen. It will though.

Yep.

If this goes through then why the hell is there a deadline?

Agree.

Indeed. There is always a couple of bollocks transfers like this every window without fail. Rules is rules.

It was the fact the transfer window was shutting that allowed them to get a bargain.  They could have paid more 3 weeks ago, or taken the risk and tried to get him last minute for a knock down price.  They took that risk, it didn't pay off, that should be it.  You can't try and reap the benefits of a gamble without the risk.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see why people still get worked up about Spurs. When we were equal to them it made sense because we were rivals, but now there's a gap between us I couldn't give a s*** about them. At least with the Mackem mentality they have a regional, and historical reason to hate us. Newcastle fans hating Spurs/Spurs fans just reeks of absolute sadness.

I don't understand a lot of the Spurs hate on here but on this occasion it's a simple case (if we are to believe those reports) of them not meeting the deadline, and as such, the transfer shouldn't be allowed to go through.

Guest palnese

Seriously you're all just saying they shouldn't be allowed because it's Spurs. There's no good reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

No need for deadlines then.