Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Wearside

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is looking to pull off a sensational double swoop for Manchester City pair Adam Johnson and Nedum Onuoha. - Canny

Full story: Daily Mail

Johnson was telling anyone who would listen that he was signing for Sunderland in January at the Sportswriters dinner in Durham last week.

He could go to pretty much anywhere in the Premier League, why the hell would he choose Sunderland?

He trying to get around all the North East sides before he retires? Will be at Darlo and Hartlepool in 15 years time :laugh:

Guest Stephen927

I never get why a team would sell a player because they deem him not good enough, but then block moves to rivals.

If he's not good enough for you then you should be trying to sell him to your rivals, surely?

You'd think so but sometimes the environment a player is in can have an adverse effect on his performances. Look at how Michael Owen has flourished since leaving Newcastle.

I never get why a team would sell a player because they deem him not good enough, but then block moves to rivals.

If he's not good enough for you then you should be trying to sell him to your rivals, surely?

You'd think so but sometimes the environment a player is in can have an adverse effect on his performances. Look at how Michael Owen has flourished since leaving Newcastle.

Is this a joke?

It would hurt like fuck to see Johnson sign for Sunderland. One of the brightest talents I've seen in a long time, he's way too good to play for them. If they got a realistic shot at getting him, then surely so should we?

It would hurt like f*** to see Johnson sign for Sunderland. One of the brightest talents I've seen in a long time, he's way too good to play for them. If they got a realistic shot at getting him, then surely so should we?

Boyhood team isn't it? 

But I agree, would love him here and have a bit of pace and end product down the flanks.

It would hurt like f*** to see Johnson sign for Sunderland. One of the brightest talents I've seen in a long time, he's way too good to play for them. If they got a realistic shot at getting him, then surely so should we?

Boyhood team isn't it? 

But I agree, would love him here and have a bit of pace and end product down the flanks.

He said on Sky Sports interview after he scored vs us that he supported us as a boy. The bint asked him "That must be extra-special to score against them when you grew up supporting Sunderland" he responded with "I actually supported Newcastle as a boy".

Or something like that anyway.

Guest Heneage

More frustrating we had him in our academy set up and let him slip through.

He wouldn't have been the player he is if he'd stayed with us

What do you think Boro did differently?