Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I agree with you Ash, but the fact you rate every player alive means your point doesn't hold that much weight on here.

:lol: I don't rate every player alive!

You do like. Especially every Arsenal player.

I remember when you said you REALLY rate Ben Watson.

I still like him, think he could be playing for a much better side.

What about Denilson?

I thought he showed a lot of promise his first season when he came in, i thought that one day he could be Cesc's replacement but unfortunately he hasn't progressed as much as i would have hoped, he was really good 2 seasons back and his passing and ability to break up play really was crucial but now Song has improved so much and Wilshere has stepped up i think he has found his level as cover. Think he could be a good signing for most in the league though. Even ManU don't have much in terms of better options in midfield at the moment, i'd rather play Denilson than Carrick on current form.

Where the hell do Sunderland get this money from? Surely they'll be f***ed if they don't do well soon?

Another myth.

Bruce has spent £13m NET in his 18 months with us and the days of spending millions like we did with Keane are long gone now,if someone is brought in, then it will mean someone else will be getting sold and because of these new UEFA financial regulations that are due to come in shortly most clubs will be in the same bracket.

As for Downing,I would be delighted if we get him,on the times I've seen Villa this season he has looked one of their best players and exactly the type of player we are crying out for.

Would he work in Bruce's 4-3-3 though? Also if like you say it's one in one out who will leave?

If Downing was bought,one of the 3 forwards would have to drop to the bench.

I have a feeling Gordon will be sold in the summer,only got 18 month left on his contract and not heard a sniff about it getting extended and we already have a ready made replacement in Mignolet.

Any chance you'd sell us Gyan in January....

He has already played for Rennes and Sunderland this season so even if we wanted too he couldn't play for another team until next season and then add in he wouldn't get in ahead of Defoe,Van der Vaart and Carroll :) and it looks a non starter.

:lol:  :fishing:

Ljungberg at Celtic? That's an odd one.  ???

He'd lost it and had become very injury prone when he left Arsenal and did nothing at West Ham, i don't know how his career went in the US but he seemed to make a good number of appearances but i don't think he'll offer anything to Celtic.

Guest Heneage

I always remember Ljungberg's strength to be his pace and bursting in the box. He looked incredibly slow when I saw him for Seattle and Chicago so I'd expect little from him, maybe Lennon's seen something in him.

Guest kingdawson

From what's being said and the Mirror's "exclusive" tomorrow, it sounds like Beckham is joining Spurs on loan.

Levy will never turn down an opportunity to sell a few shirts.

A shit signing if true.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I always remember Ljungberg's strength to be his pace and bursting in the box. He looked incredibly slow when I saw him for Seattle and Chicago so I'd expect little from him, maybe Lennon's seen something in him.

Yeah, Ljungberg was only just about decent in the MLS.

That Darren Lewis was on talkshite about beckham. Pretty much said he was signing for spuds.

other than selling shirts what would he do for spurs, their strength is quick counter attacks with bale vdv and lennon legging it downfield asap which beckham sure as hell can't do these days

"Blackburn want around £6million for the 26-year-old 6ft 4in Congolese-born stopper."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Aston-Villa-offer-Curtis-Davies-in-part-exchange-for-Blackburn-Christopher-Samba-article660905.html#ixzz19mj52Kcq

If that is anywhere near the truth it seems a really good price for Samba. Good PL defender who can get the odd goal.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's a steal, even more so when you look at other Premier League defenders and how much they have/would go for.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Older than I thought though, for some reason I thought he was in his early 20's. Swap deal for Taylor.  :shifty:

'Noises' about Sol Campbell not being happy were made on 26/12/10.

“The policy is players will be picked on their contribution and not on reputation. That has to be the policy, because if I was a player here that is what I would want to see.”

That is a policy which may jar with Sol Campbell’s private desire for more games. The veteran defender is understood to be unhappy at both his lack of match time and the treatment of Chris Hughton, whose presence in the Newcastle dug-out was key to him spurning other interest in the summer.

Illness looks set to rule him out against Manchester City this afternoon – and he will struggle to get back in the team if another one of United’s centre-backs performs well.

Could that lead to a parting of the ways, a scenario being considered privately by Campbell? Pardew remains diplomatic.

He said: “It is difficult with Sol because he is not very well so we have not really had those discussions.

“Would I like to keep him? That is a discussion for me and Sol to have privately more than publicly.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/12/26/tim-krul-is-the-no-1-choice-alan-pardew-79310-27882304/

Samba would be amazing like, as would Traore. We could continue with a 'Twin Towers' front two.

It'll be strange seeing Beckham at Spurs after always saying it'd be Man United or nobody. Maybe he'll teach Lennon a thing or two.