Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Rooney, Tevez, Bent and now Torres have all done this same trick over the last 6 months. Arguably 4 of the top 5 strikers in the country.

:kasper:

His goal record over the last 5 seasons would concur with that theory.

Drogba, Anelka, van Persie and Berbatov ends the argument.

drogba and anelka on the decline, van persie can't stay fit for long and you just can't tell with berb

Rooney, Tevez, Bent and now Torres have all done this same trick over the last 6 months. Arguably 4 of the top 5 strikers in the country.

Easily in the top 4 strikers in this country,his goalscoring record is phenomenal wherever he has played at.

Personally I think he doesn't hold a candle to Drogba, Torres, Tevez, Rooney, van Persie and Berbatov. I also wouldn't swap Carroll for Bent in a million years.

However I could see why somebody could argue he's in that 'top' bracket.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think the keyword was Striker, rather than Forward.

Someone said that Suarez wanted to come to Liverpool to play alongside Torres. Oh man. Torres could ruin the deal if that's true, though would seem a really small point to hinge a transfer on.

Easily in the top 4 strikers in this country,his goalscoring record is phenomenal wherever he has played at.

What about those 2 seasons at Spurs..

Bent is a good finisher but all round a very average footballer.  To say he's in the top 4 strikers in the league is ridiculous.

Definitely.

Guest Wearside

Personally I think he doesn't hold a candle to Drogba, Torres, Tevez, Rooney, van Persie and Berbatov. I also wouldn't swap Carroll for Bent in a million years.

Bent will score more goals than Carroll in every season they play,Carroll is a better "all round" player and will create more due to his physical game however centre forwards are judged on goals and Bent will always score goals.

Bent will score more goals than Carroll in every season they play,Carroll is a better "all round" player and will create more due to his physical game however centre forwards are judged on goals and Bent will always score goals.

Hasn't done that so far this season.  :shifty:

Guest neesy111

Bent is a good finisher but all round a very average footballer.  To say he's in the top 4 strikers in the league is ridiculous.

Still scored a decent amount of goals for the few games he played at Spurs.

Guest Wearside

Bent has scored 12 in all competitions this season,the same as Carroll and I can guarantee you Bent will end up on at least 18-20 by the end of the season.

I'm not knocking Carroll,he has done very well in his first proper season but he will never be as prolific as someone like Bent.

henrywinter

A word to Torres...you"ll never experience again the intensity of love that #lfc fans feel for you. So why? And why now? #mistake

Liverpool are shite & have no wingers. Because Chelsea have bid.

Winter cant really be asking them questions, he is not brand new to the PL.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Plus, Carroll only has one leg at the moment, though I suppose he has to give Bent a chance.

henrywinter

A word to Torres...you"ll never experience again the intensity of love that #lfc fans feel for you. So why? And why now? #mistake

I always read his name as Henry Winkler, and instantly become confused as to why The Fonz is writing about football.

Bent has scored 12 in all competitions this season,the same as Carroll and I can guarantee you Bent will end up on at least 18-20 by the end of the season.

I'm not knocking Carroll,he has done very well in his first proper season but he will never be as prolific as someone like Bent.

I'd rather not count goals against League One sides like. Pens give him a bit of a boost too.

For what it's worth Carroll's career GPG ratio is better than Bent's.

Guest Wearside

Still scored a decent amount of goals for the few games he played at Spurs.

Scored 17 in his last season at Spurs before he signed for us.

Terrible. :)

Guest neesy111

henrywinter

Winter is an idiot and that comment proves it.  Probably a Liverpool fan as well.

henrywinter

he really is an idiot of a journo

Plus, Carroll only has one leg at the moment, though I suppose he has to give Bent a chance.

henrywinter

Liverpool are s**** & have no wingers. Because Chelsea have bid.

I always read his name as Henry Winkler, and instantly become confused as to why The Fonz is writing about football.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Guest Wearside

I'd rather not count goals against League One sides like. Pens give him a bit of a boost too.

When Carroll scores 20+ goals in the big league get back to me.

Injury aside he'd have done it comfortably this season. Still probably will.

Took Bent till he was 26 to do it...Carroll has plenty of time.

(also, Bent has never done it if you minus penalties)

Guest neesy111

Response from a Scouser on twitter to a tweet of mine about their fans saying they want to break torres Knee Cap.

@neesy111 hey dickhead dont tarnish all scousers by a few knobs,everyone has there idiots

;D

Guest Wearside

Injury aside he'd have done it comfortably this season. Still probably will.

Took Bent till he was 26 to do it...Carroll has plenty of time.

(also, Bent has never done it if you minus penalties)

Carroll won't score 20 goals this season,all players get injuries and Bent was out for a few games earlier in the season admittedly he got lucky last season when he didn't miss a single league match.They are different style of players though and like I said Carroll is a far better "all round" player and is more use to a team than someone like Bent is.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Response from a Scouser on twitter to a tweet of mine about their fans saying they want to break torres Knee Cap.

@neesy111 hey dickhead dont tarnish all scousers by a few knobs,everyone has there idiots

;D

He's right though.

Torres trying to understand Kenny.. there should be a youtube video of it... no shock at all he wants away and do they have a choice ? he won't knuckle down and get on with it for four months until the end of the season.

I fkn love all this GO ON TORRES SON!!

Guest neesy111

;D

He's right though.

Just proved himself to be one though by calling me a dickhead, fucking twat.

If Carroll was to play every single league match this season he'd have got 20 goals no bother without penalties, he'd also probably get about 10 assists and contribute to the team as a whole massively. This season's Andy Carroll is better than Darren Bent in any season of his career bar last. (when like you say he was lucky enough to play every single game)