Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'm getting nervous seeing teams below us all strengthening with strikers (Hammers got Ba and closing in on Keane, West Brom loaned Vela...etc) especially with Carrol out for God knows how long. Best was lucky with the hattrick, that's a one off, Ameobi will always be Ameobi on and off, Nolan can probably get 1 goal in 3 games, where else is our goals gonna come from? Despite the Everton goal, I don't think HBA is a high scoring winger and even then it will take some time for him to regain top form. Massive thumbs down from me for Pardew and the Board if the window closes with no reenforcement upfront and Carroll still out. Even after taking into account our current position, it will be a huge gamble

Guest neesy111

As reporting that Chelsea have asked Real Madrid to loan Pedro León.

Hmm... On our La Liga show they were discussing about Mourinho and his reluctance to use his full squad this season.

Do they think Real will loan him out?

If Carroll was to play every single league match this season he'd have got 20 goals no bother without penalties, he'd also probably get about 10 assists and contribute to the team as a whole massively. This season's Andy Carroll is better than Darren Bent in any season of his career bar last. (when like you say he was lucky enough to play every single game)

Carroll's been absolutely superb this season but it's worth bearing in mind that nobody has score more PL goals than Bent in the last 4 seasons. That include his time not as first choice at Spurs too. It looks like Carroll will have much more of an all round game than Bent but he's a phenomenal goalscorer.

As reporting that Chelsea have asked Real Madrid to loan Pedro León.

Hmm... On our La Liga show they were discussing about Mourinho and his reluctance to use his full squad this season.

Do they think Real will loan him out?

Wasn't a Mou signing and he obviously doesn't care much about him. Could happen.

Chelsea seem to be going berserk, by the way.

Guest neesy111

Wasn't a Mou signing and he obviously doesn't care much about him. Could happen.

Chelsea seem to be going berserk, by the way.

Fair Play money rules in play next season, so guessing they feel they need to splash the cash now.

Suárez is a fantastic player. Honestly would prefer him to Torres. Scousers have lucked out yet again.

just read he`s been serving a 7 match ban for biting an opponent :lol:

Does he have more to serve of his suspension?

Torres/Suarez could potentially be a great strike partnership....

Suárez is a fantastic player. Honestly would prefer him to Torres. Scousers have lucked out yet again.

just read he`s been serving a 7 match ban for biting an opponent :lol:

Does he have more to serve of his suspension?

Torres/Suarez could potentially be a great strike partnership....

can't wait for Suarez to start cheating (and biting) his way through the league personally

my hope is he somehow costs manyoo the title this season by cheating, not sure if that's possible though, and then he cheats liverpool to the title at the expense of manyoo

i'm on board the Suarez express - "cheat cheat"

Suarez is an excellent player. He's strong, he's quick, he's got two good feet and he's not afraid to get involved. He scores all types of goals and is the modern day striker. He'll be good for Liverpool if they manage to get him some decent service, and they manage to keep Torres then they'll have a lethal strike partnership.

Rooney, Tevez, Bent and now Torres have all done this same trick over the last 6 months. Arguably 4 of the top 5 strikers in the country.

:kasper:

Easily in the top 4 strikers in this country,his goalscoring record is phenomenal wherever he has played at.

Personally I think he doesn't hold a candle to Drogba, Torres, Tevez, Rooney, van Persie and Berbatov. I also wouldn't swap Carroll for Bent in a million years.

However I could see why somebody could argue he's in that 'top' bracket.

Bent will score more goals than Carroll in every season they play,Carroll is a better "all round" player and will create more due to his physical game however centre forwards are judged on goals and Bent will always score goals.

Hasn't done that so far this season.  :shifty:

Bent has scored 12 in all competitions this season,the same as Carroll and I can guarantee you Bent will end up on at least 18-20 by the end of the season.

I'm not knocking Carroll,he has done very well in his first proper season but he will never be as prolific as someone like Bent.

I'd rather not count goals against League One sides like. Pens give him a bit of a boost too.

For what it's worth Carroll's career GPG ratio is better than Bent's.

When Carroll scores 20+ goals in the big league get back to me.

Injury aside he'd have done it comfortably this season. Still probably will.

Took Bent till he was 26 to do it...Carroll has plenty of time.

(also, Bent has never done it if you minus penalties)

Carroll won't score 20 goals this season,all players get injuries and Bent was out for a few games earlier in the season admittedly he got lucky last season when he didn't miss a single league match.They are different style of players though and like I said Carroll is a far better "all round" player and is more use to a team than someone like Bent is.

What a load of shit based on absolutely nothing.

Guest bmoregeordie

Michael Bradley to Villa on loan.

I'll be very interested to see how he fares in the Prem. He had a nice WC, and I'm glad he's going to test himself against the best.

At 23, he's a key part of US soccer hopes for the next two WC.

Source: ESPN

Michael Bradley to Villa on loan.

I'll be very interested to see how he fares in the Prem. He had a nice WC, and I'm glad he's going to test himself against the best.

At 23, he's a key part of US soccer hopes for the next two WC.

Source: ESPN

Wow ... really like what Villa are doing.