Steven Taylor

Tooj

shit against Bolton

shit against Arsenal

shit against West Ham

shit against Spurs

4 games out of 6 man, you have to wonder when people are just gonna hold their hands up and admit that he's the future of fuck all, certainly not nufc

I loved what the commentator said tonight like. "In Steven Taylor, they have someone who really cares about this club..."

I fucking care about this club, but it doesn't make me a decent centre half. As soon as there's someone to come in for him, he needs a spell off the pitch.

After watchin Bassong for 5 mins in the pre season I knew he was a better defender than Taylor. I was given a bit of stick for it, but I was confident of it then.

Taylor is just a stupid defender. I am never confident in what he is doing out there. Diabolical player.

Guest Jawesome

Bassong was shite tonight

give the ball away aload of times

No way, I have to disagree there.  I thought he did his job with minimal fuss.  He looked composed.  One or two interceptions were crucial tonight.

The thing with Colo (club record transfer for a defender) & Talyor (England U21) they are starting to play like Boumsong (club record transfer for a defender) & Bramble (England U21). Colo pissing off into midfield like he is billy big bollocks, every mistake Taylor makes equals a goal against us.

We are rather bizarre club when it comes to centre backs, you wouldn't play Caccapa at CB never mind anywhere else but there is strutting around in midfield, Davie Edgar comes on at right back, Bassong is pissing around at leftback. Ramage, Hughes, Huntingdon all centre backs played more games as full backs than they did centre back for us. Steve Howey went through our youth & reserve system as a striker, went on to play for England as a centre back.

Bassong needs to play at CB, in for either Taylor (he would go to the bench) or Colo (he goes into midfield & Caccpa goes somewhere far, far, far, far away).

It shows how much the club value taylor when they offer him a bumper contract and sell milner for being cheeky. Milner had a good mind to kick up a fuss and try and get the same deal, after all both were great in England 21s, both have a high work commitment (normally), both are seen as team players and motivators, both can change a game if in the right frame of mind and both had been loyal to the club for many a year. Too much focus is put on local players and management despite most of the time them turning out to be distinctly average.

Guest Toon Argy

Starting to think maybe Edgar should get the pick ahead of him, or Cacapa when we got a midfielder to fit in the centre.

Oh come on, at least Talyor has a bit of pace to cover when curly totts gans on a wander.

are you kidding?

Starting to think maybe Edgar should get the pick ahead of him, or Cacapa when we got a midfielder to fit in the centre.

Yes Taylor is fucking shit, but Edgar is even worse, and Cacapa isn't far off them.

Cacapa has impressed me in his position in midfield, and Edgar havent done the same mistakes Taylor have been doing every game now. If it isnt a handball you can bet it is something else, like Tottenhams second today.

I loved what the commentator said tonight like. "In Steven Taylor, they have someone who really cares about this club..."

I fucking care about this club, but it doesn't make me a decent centre half. As soon as there's someone to come in for him, he needs a spell off the pitch.

He gets a ridiculously easy ride off the media. Every time he plays they sing his praises which, when you see him regularly, is laughable.  Did they make any excuses for him on Sky tonight?

Oh come on, at least Talyor has a bit of pace to cover when curly totts gans on a wander.

are you kidding?

Compared to Caccapa!!! Haway man, Nicky Butt is quicker than Caccapa ffs.

The myth surrounding this lad that he is actually a good centre back has to end. It simply must stop and stop tonight! He is consistenty rash clumsy and continually at fault for goals. He gets away on the back of the local hero tripe. For the love of god, hes bloody shocking.

I f***ing care about this club, but it doesn't make me a decent centre half. As soon as there's someone to come in for him, he needs a spell off the pitch.

He gets a ridiculously easy ride off the media. Every time he plays they sing his praises which, when you see him regularly, is laughable.  Did they make any excuses for him on Sky tonight?

Yup, they did.

His performance was down to him being a Geordie and therefore being especially affected by the current situation at the club.

Idiots.

The myth surrounding this lad that he is actually a good centre back has to end. It simply must stop and stop tonight! He is consistenty rash clumsy and continually at fault for goals. He gets away on the back of the local hero tripe. For the love of god, hes bloody shocking.

Bang on.

And the club tied him down until 2011 this summer.  :frantic:

Did anyone else think that there was nothing wrong with Colo's ball.

Taylor had plenty of time to play the ball, he dithered and put himself in trouble then tried to fanny himself out of it.

I used to like Taylor, but he has started to go backwards, he needs a rest

I thought they were equally to blame - the ball was hurried and he should have seen O'hara just as much as Taylor.

The ball played by Colo is what you would typically see from continental CB who like to play the ball out of defence as opposed to just hoof the ball up. You could see that even when Given is taking a GK, Colo would wait for the ball to be played to him coz that's what he is used to instead of GK just kicking the ball as high up the pitch as possible. So nothing wrong with Colo's pass except for the fact that he was passing it to Taylor. After what happened today, I doubt Colo will be passing to Taylor anytime soon.

Colo can be a good CB in a decent defence but he is not a one man machine that can make up for others' mistakes. Incidentally I thought Bassong had a good game tonight too.