Craig Bellamy, philanthrope.

brummie

Guest LucaAltieri

He'll be kicking himself when Sierra Leone beat Wales in the World Cup qualifiers.

In all seriousness, it's a good gesture. One we should see more of.

Fair play. He was always good for charity, used to pay for a terminally ill lad to come to every game then wave to him when he scored or was going off iirc.

Think David James is also doing some work in Africa.

Fair play. He was always good for charity, used to pay for a terminally ill lad to come to every game then wave to him when he scored or was going off iirc.

Think David James is also doing some work in Africa.

Bellamy also visited him in hospital most days after training.

If anyone trires to knock him for this with humour or anything else they need to look in the mirror & ask themselves a few questions.

I agree with the sentiment, but that phrase always makes me laugh - "look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself a few questions".

*looks self in mirror*

"Did i look better when I had hair?"

"When did i start puting all this weight on?"

"Is my third chin immediately obvious?"

"What is that weird hair growing out of my right nostril?"

If anyone trires to knock him for this with humour or anything else they need to look in the mirror & ask themselves a few questions.

Are you saying that we can't joke about it?

I've seen far worse things being made funny about without anyone lifting an eyebrow.

Fair play to Bellars though, very good gesture.

Fucking hell, well played.  This is what all footballers should be doing, and to think some of the money some other footballers are on and you never see this.  He's just put most footballers to shame. :clap:

Good on him. It sounds like an excellent project. Hope it doesn't turn out to be too ambitious for him to handle. He's obviously fallen in love with the place and the people, though, and realises it's one hell of a commitment he's making.

So, has Shearer done something similar, or is he a smashing bloke whilst Bellamy is a prick because ones a bit of a party boy and the other is the sporting equivalent of a geek?

Yes, im still bitter at the way our best player at the time was ousted from the club, with our then captain playing a huge role in that no doubt.

/Grudge

http://www.alanshearercentre.org.uk/ tbh

So, has Shearer done something similar, or is he a smashing bloke whilst Bellamy is a prick because ones a bit of a party boy and the other is the sporting equivalent of a geek?

Yes, im still bitter at the way our best player at the time was ousted from the club, with our then captain playing a huge role in that no doubt.

/Grudge

http://www.alanshearercentre.org.uk/ tbh

Aye, I know that, I worded it slightly wrong which is why ive deleted it.

Its the notion that Bellamy is meant to be a "total prick" and "waste of space" to quote many on this forum, whilst the other a saint, that im referring to. Quite clearly this kind of act shows that that view is bollocks, and I bet the same applies to Joey Barton too.

Guest sittingontheball

This sounds great. Well played Bellamy. It sounds like he's a major donor, not just someone throwing in 10% and getting the name (cf. the Sage at Gateshead).

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Whoa, that's really cool from Bellamy. He should be a role model to every other Premiership footballer.

Something i'd never thought i'd hear, tbh. 

Go get 'em Bells, great work.

Guest nufc_geordie

Fantastic gesture but I wish footballers would think about the kids in their own country first. At times when there is a lot of talk about lack of facilities, pitches, leagues etc. in certain places, surely their money would be better spent at home..

Guest teepee

Fantastic gesture but I wish footballers would think about the kids in their own country first. At times when there is a lot of talk about lack of facilities, pitches, leagues etc. in certain places, surely their money would be better spent at home..

are you fuckin joking - money better spend at home.....

fantastic initiative by bellamy!!!

Bollocks tbh.

Fantastic from Bellamy, not a lot more that can be said really.

aye the African kids are better off than British kids tbf