Clear the Air Talks ?

NE5

The other side of the coin, is that if Ashley has a certain idea of running the club, which is different to Keegans, then for my money its Ashley who can bugger off.

Or... they could work on something where upon both ideas can co-exist? KK isn't perfect and Ashley is putting a lot of money into this club, so I don't think it'd be fair for anyone to disregard his opinion/s just because they might not agree completely with Keegan's. You're not one of those old-timers who think Keegan can do no wrong, are you?

In summarisation, are you seriously suggesting that if Keegan doesn't agree with a few of the views Ashley has, then Ashley should just take his money and run? Hate to say it but in this day and age the people with the money can and will have as much power as they wish, really.

He'll get a right spanking, no doubt.

He might enjoy that.

ITK?

If Ashley sells the club, he will want his money back and more, so I don't see your point about "putting money into the club". You still think we were the only club in debt don't you, despite being told that all the current top 4 have bigger debts than we did

Do you think the current top 4 all have shit boards because they have debts due to ground expansions etc ?

Astounding.

At the end of the day it's all media bollocks . If Anal is right, he reckons Keegan is going to get reminded of Ashley's vision when he met him before he took the job. If this statement is true, why on earth are people worrying. If Keegan thought he had no chance of success on any level with us he wouldn't have taken the job - simple as that. He insisted on meeting Ashley at the start so if they are suddenly singing from different Hymn sheets I would be very very surprised. All we can do is wait with anticipation as to how dealings this summer are done. All these people pressing the panic button are in all probability a little premature. FFS was given the benefit of the doubt many times, maybe we should give these people a chance before slating them. At the end of the day a man who spunks £250m on a football club knows his only chance of a return on his dosh is by trying for success. The papers have got us in a worse position than Stoke ffs without any hard proof.

In summary the only way Ashley can get his money back is by helping us to succeed. Leave the panic button alone - for the forseeable future at least

I'm not too worried. Obviously something isn't right but KK isn't daft and will come out on top with these talks tomorrow, I believe. Ashley is no fool and he'd be mad to ignore KK's concerns and even dafter to take him on. KK sits from a position of immense power because he has the absolute trust, faith and backing of fans 100% and can now start dictating to Ashley and Co and setting out his own stall and demands having saved us from relegation and stirred KK mania all over again which has lead to a massive dose of optimism and feelgood emotions in the city. This is pre-meditated all this and typical of KK in my opinion.

Reading between the lines this is about Owen's contract, the failure to land several players now, and to test the waters in terms of Ashley's ambitions and indeed, just how far KK can go with him. I also reckon he wants in on all transfer negotiations, i.e. he will want to get in there to speak to players. I don't think he is against the idea of Wise and Co and what they are here to do, but he'll be wanting to bend them to his ways rather than him having to bend to their ways.

I don't believe for a moment KK considers top 4 to be impossible either, despite what he says, even though it most probably is on a regular basis unless we invest Chelsea like money or one of the others fuck up big style, but KK doesn't think like that. Not to himself anyway.

He will believe with the right backing and the ability to run the club as he sees fit, he can achieve whatever his imagination limits him to, or that will be the aim anyway. That's why he came back. He didn't come back to consolidate the club in the top 6, but to compete in the Champions League and to challenge for top honours and this rant of his is kind of a challenge to Ashley and the board and his way of asserting his own authority on things.

He's a very clever man. His comments have sparked a huge debate about the top 4 and got fans, fans who in general would walk over glass to shake the man's hand, asking questions of the owner and board in terms of ambition and where the club stand.

What did he say a few weeks back? He wants fans to debate these issues, to keep asking questions of the club.

He'll go into those talks and put down his cards which will be "my way" or face the consequences of turning all those fans against you and fucking up the chance to create something special, obviously with more sugar of course.

And if Ashley really does have the club's best interest at heart, remembering too that a successful and happy NUFC is financially far more healthier, he'll tell KK to get on with it. Rest assured, KK has NUFC's best interest at heart and it is the club that drives whatever agenda he's pushing and nothing more.

And I'll tell you something, I'm fucking proud our manager is prepared to take on the establishment if you like and create a media circus if that's what it takes, to get his own way, to do what he feels is best for NUFC, remembering that he knows better than anyone what this club needs and how to go about it, because there is no other way to run NUFC and no other man to do it. This is who I want managing my club.

Tomorrow is a huge day for NUFC and there isn't a better man to represent us at the table if you like IMO.  :thup:

I agree with pretty much all of this.

I think that the first time round, KK ran the club from top to bottom, he set out everything. And he's looking to do exactly the same again. I also agree that Ashley will be a fool to take him on. I think he [and his mouthpiece] have had ideas of their own on how to run the club [which have been basically naive, shite, and led to our failure to land 2 major transfers] but KK is seeking to correct this.

It is absolutely essential that he is in on transfer dealings, he has to get the player and ask him to his face why he wants to play for the club and judge his character.

This is the strength of Keegan. Some managers say they do it their way or else, but he actually means it. And my guess is that he will win, at least I hope so.

When he has walked away in the past, its down to his basic honesty and also the fact that he has been let down ie when he walked away from here the decision of SJH to float the club changed the whole setup and he stuck to his guns. When he walked away from England for admitting he had done his best, he was tainted by the southern journos as being a quitter, when the same tossers slate McLaren, Hoddle and Eriksson for hanging onto their jobs.

I know what sort of person I would prefer.

The other side of the coin, is that if Ashley has a certain idea of running the club, which is different to Keegans, then for my money its Ashley who can bugger off.

I have my own ideas about how the place I work should be run, which differ from my bosses.  Chances are though they won't be buggering off.

And the bit about Mort & Ashley costing us two transfers is bollocks.

I don't agree, I think you are talking bollocks.

For my money, Kevin Keegan knows more about how to run a successful football club than Mike Ashley and Chris Mort.

In that case he needs to stump up £100m of his own cash then to finance the signings he wants.

I'm not too worried. Obviously something isn't right but KK isn't daft and will come out on top with these talks tomorrow, I believe. Ashley is no fool and he'd be mad to ignore KK's concerns and even dafter to take him on. KK sits from a position of immense power because he has the absolute trust, faith and backing of fans 100% and can now start dictating to Ashley and Co and setting out his own stall and demands having saved us from relegation and stirred KK mania all over again which has lead to a massive dose of optimism and feelgood emotions in the city. This is pre-meditated all this and typical of KK in my opinion.

Reading between the lines this is about Owen's contract, the failure to land several players now, and to test the waters in terms of Ashley's ambitions and indeed, just how far KK can go with him. I also reckon he wants in on all transfer negotiations, i.e. he will want to get in there to speak to players. I don't think he is against the idea of Wise and Co and what they are here to do, but he'll be wanting to bend them to his ways rather than him having to bend to their ways.

I don't believe for a moment KK considers top 4 to be impossible either, despite what he says, even though it most probably is on a regular basis unless we invest Chelsea like money or one of the others fuck up big style, but KK doesn't think like that. Not to himself anyway.

He will believe with the right backing and the ability to run the club as he sees fit, he can achieve whatever his imagination limits him to, or that will be the aim anyway. That's why he came back. He didn't come back to consolidate the club in the top 6, but to compete in the Champions League and to challenge for top honours and this rant of his is kind of a challenge to Ashley and the board and his way of asserting his own authority on things.

He's a very clever man. His comments have sparked a huge debate about the top 4 and got fans, fans who in general would walk over glass to shake the man's hand, asking questions of the owner and board in terms of ambition and where the club stand.

What did he say a few weeks back? He wants fans to debate these issues, to keep asking questions of the club.

He'll go into those talks and put down his cards which will be "my way" or face the consequences of turning all those fans against you and fucking up the chance to create something special, obviously with more sugar of course.

And if Ashley really does have the club's best interest at heart, remembering too that a successful and happy NUFC is financially far more healthier, he'll tell KK to get on with it. Rest assured, KK has NUFC's best interest at heart and it is the club that drives whatever agenda he's pushing and nothing more.

And I'll tell you something, I'm fucking proud our manager is prepared to take on the establishment if you like and create a media circus if that's what it takes, to get his own way, to do what he feels is best for NUFC, remembering that he knows better than anyone what this club needs and how to go about it, because there is no other way to run NUFC and no other man to do it. This is who I want managing my club.

Tomorrow is a huge day for NUFC and there isn't a better man to represent us at the table if you like IMO.   :thup:

I think that the first time round, KK ran the club from top to bottom, he set out everything. And he's looking to do exactly the same again. I also agree that Ashley will be a fool to take him on. I think he [and his mouthpiece] have had ideas of their own on how to run the club [which have been basically naive, shite, and led to our failure to land 2 major transfers] but KK is seeking to correct this.

It is absolutely essential that he is in on transfer dealings, he has to get the player and ask him to his face why he wants to play for the club and judge his character.

This is the strength of Keegan. Some managers say they do it their way or else, but he actually means it. And my guess is that he will win, at least I hope so.

When he has walked away in the past, its down to his basic honesty and also the fact that he has been let down ie when he walked away from here the decision of SJH to float the club changed the whole setup and he stuck to his guns. When he walked away from England for admitting he had done his best, he was tainted by the southern journos as being a quitter, when the same tossers slate McLaren, Hoddle and Eriksson for hanging onto their jobs.

I have my own ideas about how the place I work should be run, which differ from my bosses.  Chances are though they won't be buggering off.

And the bit about Mort & Ashley costing us two transfers is bollocks.

I don't agree, I think you are talking bollocks.

For my money, Kevin Keegan knows more about how to run a successful football club than Mike Ashley and Chris Mort.

In that case he needs to stump up £100m of his own cash then to finance the signings he wants.

I reckon you should read this again, you seem to have lost your way. Put personalities aside though when you do. Mike Ashley has been involved with football for 5 minutes when put against Keegans whole career, including being taught the ropes at Liverpool as a player, not to mention the other successful clubs he has been associated with, but ignore that if you want, as I'm sure you will.

Keegan would hate lying to the supporters. If he thinks he has no chance of progression he would tell it how it is. He even said in the press conference that he would answer questions as honestly as he could after the meeting. If he thought the club was going to be sold short he would say so. Let's just give these guys the same sort of chance at sorting us out. Whilst KK is there I'm sure it will be told how it is

Guest Knightrider

Tomorrow is a huge day for NUFC and there isn't a better man to represent us at the table if you like IMO.  :thup:

I genuinely believe KK's issues are with the following:

1: The slow pace in which Owen's contract talks are happening (if at all) and rightly so because Owen is an integral part of his plans, a player he will use to help sell the club to others and indeed help keep other players already here, to commit for longer. He's a statement of intent man KK. Sorting Owen's contract out quickly will say to the players, "if you do the job for me I'll look after you", which builds up trust and respect. It also reassures players that they are valued by the money men which is also very important. Too many examples tell you a player could love a manager and indeed be very much part of his plans, i.e. badly wanted, but if the money men don't see it the same way, they can be off. Flamini anyone?

2: Failure to land several targets. KK isn't used to losing out to others in the transfer market, not at Newcastle anyway and he will be very sore over losing out on Woodgate and Modric in particular and anyone else who we may have lost out on. It sets a bad precedent or can do. Again it's all about statements of intent with KK and the right message. He's a man of high standards, he will be wondering why we have lost out and who or what is responsible, not "oh well, you win some you lose some".

3: The buying and selling process: I.e. Wise and Co. Now I don't think KK doesn't want Wise et al involved, he may not have hand picked them himself but he's no fool and will recognise what they can bring to the club, but and it's a big but, KK has to involved beyond the handing over of lists and saying aye or nay to potential targets. He's a player's manager, he has to be in there talking to the, getting a feel for what they are about and selling the club to whoever he is after. It is a waste of a very very good salesman to be honest. The whole setup of this needs clarified too and KK has to have complete control of it.

4: Ambition, i.e. money. KK will have been told when he returned that there is money to spend and that if he wants a player the board will do their best to find the money which I believe they will do. But he needs to know exactly what he has to play with and what their ambitions or expectations are. KK's ambition will stretch all the way to the top honours, even if they are not currently realistic or even something the club regard as an aim, KK is that ambitious and can't work any other way. He'll look to see if the club can match his ambitions first, rather than him having to adjust his own in accordance with the club's. It should be the opposite, the manager leads, always.

Now for me, the owner and board or whatever you want to call it are fair game for criticism on points 1-3 and on point 4, this is the acid test. KK is their man, they will be judged on what they give him to spend. Time will tell, I'm confident.

I do agree with you that KK has to run the whole show, but as others have said, he has to work with the club on this, the two have to come together and come to a plan of somesorts. Thankfully KK's comments in the times indicates he's aware of that and kind of wants that, which is good, because NUFC has changed and he can't now do it all by himself.

RE KK vs Ashley, it shoulnd't be my way or no way, or one over the other, it should be a marriage. If it came down to that though, there would only and rightfully so, be one winner and Ashley would be wise to remember that because if he upsets KK to the point where we're looking for a new manager, his team will be playing in an empty stadium next season with his investment plummeting and he'll be hounded out of Toon you imagine. Likewise KK will be wise not to abuse his power and fan adulation with unhelpful or OTT demands. Which I don't think he would do anyway, he'll use his power of course as he's done if you ask me, he instigated all this to force a site down IMO, but he wouldn't abuse it I don't think.

Anyway here's to things working out and us lot forgetting all about this which I'm sure we will once the dust has settled and we're tying Owen up to a longer deal, making signings etc.

Tomorrow is a huge day for NUFC and there isn't a better man to represent us at the table if you like IMO.   :thup:

I genuinely believe KK's issues are with the following:

1: The slow pace in which Owen's contract talks are happening (if at all) and rightly so because Owen is an integral part of his plans, a player he will use to help sell the club to others and indeed help keep other players already here, to commit for longer. He's a statement of intent man KK. Sorting Owen's contract out quickly will say to the players, "if you do the job for me I'll look after you", which builds up trust and respect. It also reassures players that they are valued by the money men which is also very important. Too many examples tell you a player could love a manager and indeed be very much part of his plans, i.e. badly wanted, but if the money men don't see it the same way, they can be off. Flamini anyone?

2: Failure to land several targets. KK isn't used to losing out to others in the transfer market, not at Newcastle anyway and he will be very sore over losing out on Woodgate and Modric in particular and anyone else who we may have lost out on. It sets a bad precedent or can do. Again it's all about statements of intent with KK and the right message. He's a man of high standards, he will be wondering why we have lost out and who or what is responsible, not "oh well, you win some you lose some".

3: The buying and selling process: I.e. Wise and Co. Now I don't think KK doesn't want Wise et al involved, he may not have hand picked them himself but he's no fool and will recognise what they can bring to the club, but and it's a big but, KK has to involved beyond the handing over of lists and saying aye or nay to potential targets. He's a player's manager, he has to be in there talking to the, getting a feel for what they are about and selling the club to whoever he is after. It is a waste of a very very good salesman to be honest. The whole setup of this needs clarified too and KK has to have complete control of it.

4: Ambition, i.e. money. KK will have been told when he returned that there is money to spend and that if he wants a player the board will do their best to find the money which I believe they will do. But he needs to know exactly what he has to play with and what their ambitions or expectations are. KK's ambition will stretch all the way to the top honours, even if they are not currently realistic or even something the club regard as an aim, KK is that ambitious and can't work any other way. He'll look to see if the club can match his ambitions first, rather than him having to adjust his own in accordance with the club's. It should be the opposite, the manager leads, always.

Now for me, the owner and board or whatever you want to call it are fair game for criticism on points 1-3 and on point 4, this is the acid test. KK is their man, they will be judged on what they give him to spend. Time will tell, I'm confident.

I do agree with you that KK has to run the whole show, but as others have said, he has to work with the club on this, the two have to come together and come to a plan of somesorts. Thankfully KK's comments in the times indicates he's aware of that and kind of wants that, which is good, because NUFC has changed and he can't now do it all.

RE KK vs Ashley, it shoulnd't be my way or no way, or one over the other, it should be a marriage. If it came down to that though, there would only and rightfully so, be one winner and Ashley would be wise to remember that because if he upsets KK to the point where we're looking for a new manager, his team will be playing in an empty stadium next season and he'll be hounded out of Toon you imagine. Likewise KK will be wise not to abuse his power and fan adulation with unhelpful or OTT demands. Which I don't think he would do anyway, he'll use his power of course as he's done if you ask me, he instigated all this to force a site down IMO, but he wouldn't abuse it I don't think.

Anyway here's to things working out and us lot forgetting all about this which I'm sure we will once the dust has settled and we're tying Owen up to a longer deal, making signings etc.

Most of what you say is quite correct.

It's quite amazing the people who are fixed into a mentality of "thats how the fat Bastard etc did it so it must be wrong and because Ashley is doing it different it must be right". Talk about a blind spot. Fact is, qualifying for the Champions League etc etc tells you they must have done something right. In my view, prudency is not on the agenda for a club with the fanbase of Newcastle, and if Ashley and Mort are thinking on these lines, then as I said, they can both bugger off.

Keegan is right. He's a football man, they aren't, and they should listen, and do it his way.

If he wins, there will be a canny few u-turns when these "trophy signings" walk through the door, thats for sure.

If he wins, there will be a canny few u-turns when these "trophy signings" walk through the door, thats for sure.

What do you mean "If he wins"? They've already offered a club record fee for a player for next season and there's no suggestion that it'll stop there.

Or... they could work on something where upon both ideas can co-exist? KK isn't perfect and Ashley is putting a lot of money into this club, so I don't think it'd be fair for anyone to disregard his opinion/s just because they might not agree completely with Keegan's. You're not one of those old-timers who think Keegan can do no wrong, are you?

In summarisation, are you seriously suggesting that if Keegan doesn't agree with a few of the views Ashley has, then Ashley should just take his money and run? Hate to say it but in this day and age the people with the money can and will have as much power as they wish, really.

He'll get a right spanking, no doubt.

He might enjoy that.

ITK?

If Ashley sells the club, he will want his money back and more, so I don't see your point about "putting money into the club". You still think we were the only club in debt don't you, despite being told that all the current top 4 have bigger debts than we did

Do you think the current top 4 all have shit boards because they have debts due to ground expansions etc ?

Astounding.

You've taken my point out of context, I think. Can't really be bothered getting into yet another one of these arguments.

Must be true - an 'insider' said it.

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1143197.ece

It's time to grovel, Keegan

By SHAUN CUSTIS

KEVIN KEEGAN will be expected to grovel in an explosive High Noon showdown with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley today.

An infuriated Ashley will demand the Toon coach:

#Shuts up — or ships out.

#Apologises for recent remarks.

#Pledges loyalty to the club.

#Accepts the terms on which he was offered the job.

#Accepts Dennis Wise is responsible for identifying new players.

An insider said: “Keegan will be read the riot act. If he threatens to resign or tries any of his walking-out tricks, it’ll be all over.”

Ashley was steaming with Keegan for claiming Newcastle do not have the money to break into the Premier League’s top four.

But the comment which infuriated him most was that Keegan had a great relationship with the owner — because he never talked to him.

Our insider added: “Ashley took that as a personal insult and expects an apology.”

The two come together in London today along with executive director Wise, vice-president Tony Jimenez and chairman Chris Mort.

Reading between the lines it appears that Ashley is very ambitious (which is a good thing, something positive), KK suggests as much by stating "the owner thinks we can bridge the gap but I don't", and we all know KK is ambitious.

So for me this will play  out like this.

You want to bridge the gap do you? Get my best players tied down, top players want to play with top players, get Owen's contract sorted out ASAP so I can tell targets who they'll be playing alongside next season.

You want to bridge the gap do you? Let me speak to our targets. I'll convince them.

You want to bridge the gap do you? OK, how much are you prepared to spend and I'll tell you if we can kick on with this kind of money or not.

These are the things I think KK will push for or talk about.

This is what he's after in my opinion, what has lead him to rant and kick up this fuss about ambition, money, the top 4 etc.

Again, this is all pre-meditated for me and designed to force a sit down of all the parties, now that we are safe and the season is all but over, and he deliberately used our defeat to Chelsea, a club some way off from us, a club we should aspire towards, as a vehicle to push this.

Me, I'm happy for him to do this as it's a method of his he's used several times in the past and I trust him to go into any talks and be persuasive enough to get what he wants.

And if he doesn't, well then Ashley and co can f*** off.

And what happens to the club when Ashley & Co 'F--- Off '!??

Suppose someone like Shinawatra takes over and fancies a new manager ...

Will you want THEM to 'F-- Off' too ?

Lets get real here - Ashley has a reputation for getting his own way, and being completely ruthless about doing so(have you read how he stitched Whelan & Co up about price fixing...largely because Whelan tried to take the p--- out of him and belittle him....?)

Don't fall into the trap of thinking KK can totally rule the roost with Ashley, because I for one doubt that very much - Ashley is unlikely to fire him for this, but you can bet your boots that he won't forget and if anything like this crops up again, he will be planning his moves for future ref - look what happened with Mourinho and Abramovitch - if anyone looked safe it was Jose, but he went and Chelsea are still in the running for the title..Ashley will not have overlooked that fact.

He is the owner whether anyone likes it or not, and can do as he pleases.

It might pay people to remember that - Ashley has more power over the club than Shepherd did....

Keegan came back to finish what turned out to incompleted job the the first time round. If promises were made by Mort & Ashley to lure him back, and Ashley fails to live up to them i know who i'd prefer to have around and it's not 'Johnny Come Lately' Ashley, although there's only going to be one loser in this instance. Ashley's a ruthless figure in the business world, both as a razor cutter type - ie. buy low, keep expenditure down, sell high - and somebody who will cut any supposed opposition loose, as already been eluded to, and Keegan will be back running his coaching schools sooner rather than later if there's substance to these 'showdown talk' stories.

And Keegan should be running thing in terms of selling the club to any potential big name players, established players and potential stars alike. Would be targets want to hear the selling pitches straight from the horse's mouth, the bloke who'll be adorned in the tracksuit out on the training pitch..... not some 'hot winded' talk from a high powered suit-orientated delegation ie. Viterre. This is exactly how Chelsea lost out to Arsenal in the bid to sign Walcott. Wenger sold the youngster the idea of where the team was heading on the pitch, his methodology. Kenyon and Arnesson, with an emphasis on Kenyon here, threw money at the kid and ultimately they lost out.

Keegan should've been at the forefront in our bid secure Modric, he should've spearheaded the club's attack in this instance. Obviously Mort & Ashley have different ideas on this front, re: Vitterre's role in our transfer dealings/being the 'club seller' & 'deal closure', and they're wrong.

By SHAUN CUSTIS

KEVIN KEEGAN will be expected to grovel in an explosive High Noon showdown with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley today.

#Shuts up or ships out.

An insider said: Keegan will be read the riot act. If he threatens to resign or tries any of his walking-out tricks, itll be all over.

Ashley was steaming with Keegan for claiming Newcastle do not have the money to break into the Premier Leagues top four.

But the comment which infuriated him most was that Keegan had a great relationship with the owner because he never talked to him.

Our insider added: Ashley took that as a personal insult and expects an apology.

The two come together in London today along with executive director Wise, vice-president Tony Jimenez and chairman Chris Mort.

Oh fuck off shaun, that's utter tripe you wanker

Whatever happens the papers will still right bollocks.

"It's time to grovel, Keegan"

Thats a shocking headline, and if i were Custis I wouldn't be going to SJP for a while.  CUNT.

Keegan came back to finish what turned out to incompleted job the the first time round. If promises were made by Mort & Ashley to lure him back, and Ashley fails to live up to them i know who i'd prefer to have around and it's not 'Johnny Come Lately' Ashley, although there's only going to be one loser in this instance. Ashley's a ruthless figure in the business world, both as a razor cutter type - ie. buy low, keep expenditure down, sell high - and somebody who will cut any supposed opposition loose, as already been eluded to, and Keegan will be back running his coaching schools sooner rather than later if there's substance to these 'showdown talk' stories.

And Keegan should be running thing in terms of selling the club to any potential big name players, established players and potential stars alike. Would be targets want to hear the selling pitches straight from the horse's mouth, the bloke who'll be adorned in the tracksuit out on the training pitch..... not some 'hot winded' talk from a high powered suit-orientated delegation ie. Viterre. This is exactly how Chelsea lost out to Arsenal in the bid to sign Walcott. Wenger sold the youngster the idea of where the team was heading on the pitch, his methodology. Kenyon and Arnesson, with an emphasis on Kenyon here, threw money at the kid and ultimately they lost out.

Keegan should've been at the forefront in our bid secure Modric, he should've spearheaded the club's attack in this instance. Obviously Mort & Ashley have different ideas on this front, re: Vitterre's role in our transfer dealings/being the 'club seller' & 'deal closure', and they're wrong.

You're right that Mike can be a ruthless bugger, but he can also be very loyal (the Finance Director at Sports Direct was his accountant when he started out for example) and isn't petty enough to cast aside someone who he feels is good for the business due to a personal disagreement. And Mike believes that KK is vitally impolrtant to Newcastles short to medium term future.

It would take a very petty man to hold a grudge against a man of KKs standing at Newcastle for what was said on Monday.

Whatever happens the papers will still right bollocks.

very much so, imagine the backlash if keegan had said on monday he was aiming for the title?

he's have been panned as living in cloud cuckoo land, and we'd have been bad mouthed again for 'demanding success and being unrealistic'  :rolleyes:

Guest justin99.

where do they get all this rot about Ashley being influriated about Keegan.

i bet the two will have good chat and laugh over launch or whatever and thats it.

If that Sun story was true than Keegan would quit.  There is no way Keegan would accept or do any of those things.  Not even pledge his loyalty to the club because he knows he doesn't need to give that to Mike Ashley when the fan's know we have his loyalty already.  If Keegan did quit i also think there would and should be mass revolt on Ashley.

Of course it's all bollocks anyway, i'm just dealing in the realms of what if we lived in an alternate universe where the sun doesn't spout constant shite.

By SHAUN CUSTIS

#Shuts up — or ships out.

An insider said: “Keegan will be read the riot act. If he threatens to resign or tries any of his walking-out tricks, it’ll be all over.”

Ashley was steaming with Keegan for claiming Newcastle do not have the money to break into the Premier League’s top four.

But the comment which infuriated him most was that Keegan had a great relationship with the owner — because he never talked to him.

Our insider added: “Ashley took that as a personal insult and expects an apology.”

http://img.skysports.com/07/11/218x298/ShaunCustis_597700.jpg

http://www.splitreason.com/blog/img/goldenturd.gif

If anything it should be Wise who is read the riot act for...

a) Not signing up Owen (despite KK wanting it sorted ages ago).

b) Not selling the club to Woodgate (he opted to go to Tottenham).

c) Not seeling the club to Modric (see above).

Regardless of European football I think if Keegan had been totally involved in the transfers above he would have had the charm and charisma to sell the club to players like he did to Shearer, Ginola, Asprila (sp.), Les Ferdinand etc.

For me Dennis Wise does not have the necessary charisma and charm to effectively do his job and until that is resolved KK will just end up getting fustrated standing by and watching his targets move on to other places.

Regardless of European football I think if Keegan had been totally involved in the transfers above he would have had the charm and charisma to sell the club to players like he did to Shearer, Ginola, Asprila (sp.), Les Ferdinand etc.

For me Dennis Wise does not have the necessary charisma and charm to effectively do his job and until that is resolved KK will just end up getting fustrated standing by and watching his targets move on to other places.

I'm fairly sure it's not Wise's job to do any of those things you've mentioned. I thought it was Veteres job to go and get the players, Wise to find players, and Morts to tie down current players to new deals.

Anyway a bit harsh to blame Wise for missing out on Woodgate when he was appointed a day after the latter had signed for Spurs...

I'm fairly sure it's not Wise's job to do any of those things you've mentioned. I thought it was Veteres job to go and get the players, Wise to find players, and Morts to tie down current players to new deals.

Anyway a bit harsh to blame Wise for missing out on Woodgate when he was appointed a day after the latter had signed for Spurs...

|I don't know, I'm sure a way could be found if we scratched our heads long enough.