Clear the Air Talks ?

NE5

IMO there isn't as much money on the table as people in this thread are assuming. I really don't believe Mort will want to spend more than 30-40m net. Now that is probably enough for gradual improvement and goint up a few league places, but I have a feeling KK is trying to force more dicussion on these matters with Mort and Co. and reappraise expectations allround.

One thing he said in the interview that I noticed was the "...Even Liverpool are struggling to keep up"..or words to that effect. The good finish to the season has raised expectations and my feeling is that KK wants Ashley to realise that the road is much longer than he thinks and also KK imo wanted to get this across to the supporters.

Unfortunately it was a gift to the media who have taken advantage, but that shouldn't concern us as they can have little affect on the club as long as the management stick together.

IMO there isn't as much money on the table as people in this thread are assuming. I really don't believe Mort will want to spend more than 30-40m net. Now that is probably enough for gradual improvement and goint up a few league places, but I have a feeling KK is trying to force more dicussion on these matters with Mort and Co. and reappraise expectations allround.

One thing he said in the interview that I noticed was the "...Even Liverpool are struggling to keep up"..or words to that effect. The good finish to the season has raised expectations and my feeling is that KK wants Ashley to realise that the road is much longer than he thinks and also KK imo wanted to get this across to the supporters.

Unfortunately it was a gift to the media who have taken advantage, but that shouldn't concern us as they can have little affect on the club as long as the management stick together.

I kinda agree. I think it will be around £50 million.

Regarding Modric Keegan actually said we were set to pay £20 million over three years, at £6.7 million a year. So really Modric would have only cost us £6.7 million this year.

Now, if we can achieve these kind of deals for all of our targets and they are of the calibre of a Modric then that £50 million will certainly go a long way.

We shall see I suppose.

If anything it should be Wise who is read the riot act for...

a) Not signing up Owen (despite KK wanting it sorted ages ago).

b) Not selling the club to Woodgate (he opted to go to Tottenham).

c) Not seeling the club to Modric (see above).

Regardless of European football I think if Keegan had been totally involved in the transfers above he would have had the charm and charisma to sell the club to players like he did to Shearer, Ginola, Asprila (sp.), Les Ferdinand etc.

For me Dennis Wise does not have the necessary charisma and charm to effectively do his job and until that is resolved KK will just end up getting fustrated standing by and watching his targets move on to other places.

I'm fairly sure it's not Wise's job to do any of those things you've mentioned. I thought it was Veteres job to go and get the players, Wise to find players, and Morts to tie down current players to new deals.

Anyway a bit harsh to blame Wise for missing out on Woodgate when he was appointed a day after the latter had signed for Spurs...

:lol:

I wonder how far in they are at the present time.  Have they started?  Is it all done and dusted?  Are they in the middle of a heated discussion about a certain player?  Are they having lunch?  Was lunch even on the agenda?

Who knows....

Lunch was lovely.

Keegan is now letting Velosa know exactly how he plans to utilise him in his formation next season.

I wonder how far in they are at the present time.  Have they started?  Is it all done and dusted?  Are they in the middle of a heated discussion about a certain player?  Are they having lunch?  Was lunch even on the agenda?

Who knows....

Probably having a roll about in Ashley's cash.

http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2007/12/01-07/mcduck.jpg

I wonder how far in they are at the present time.  Have they started?  Is it all done and dusted?  Are they in the middle of a heated discussion about a certain player?  Are they having lunch?  Was lunch even on the agenda?

Who knows....

Probably having a roll about in Ashley's cash.

http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2007/12/01-07/mcduck.jpg

always wanted to do that tbh.

If anything it should be Wise who is read the riot act for...

a) Not signing up Owen (despite KK wanting it sorted ages ago).

b) Not selling the club to Woodgate (he opted to go to Tottenham).

c) Not seeling the club to Modric (see above).

Regardless of European football I think if Keegan had been totally involved in the transfers above he would have had the charm and charisma to sell the club to players like he did to Shearer, Ginola, Asprila (sp.), Les Ferdinand etc.

For me Dennis Wise does not have the necessary charisma and charm to effectively do his job and until that is resolved KK will just end up getting fustrated standing by and watching his targets move on to other places.

I'm fairly sure it's not Wise's job to do any of those things you've mentioned. I thought it was Veteres job to go and get the players, Wise to find players, and Morts to tie down current players to new deals.

Anyway a bit harsh to blame Wise for missing out on Woodgate when he was appointed a day after the latter had signed for Spurs...

You mean our "Technical" Director doesn't even have the initiative to use a flux capacitor?? Maybe if he had this initiative he could use it to go and bag the likes of Anelka for 500K and Flamini and Fabregas for nominal fees. Hang on a minute I am thinking a certain Mr Arsene Wenger might have one of these...

:-)

If were talking budgets then surely wise & co would be present?

If were talking a telling off, wise and co wouldn't be present?

From what i gather its just MA & KK in this meeting.

Still reckon its just to iron out a few minor creases before they become anything else, but you can see the logic in some thinking.

Guest icemanblue

Still reckon its just to iron out a few minor creases before they become anything else, but you can see the logic in some thinking.

Where you been gathering like? Pretty sure every media source under the sun has said it's the three of them.

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/imagesnotoncebuttwice.gif

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3460/ohshitfo8.gif

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/imagesowned-wallably.gif

couple of gifs to brighten the thread up

Where you been gathering like? Pretty sure every media source under the sun has said it's the three of them.

From what i heard about, might have picked up the wrong end of the stick though as i haven't been giving it the attention it doesn't deserve.

Guest icemanblue

From what i heard about, might have picked up the wrong end of the stick though as i haven't been giving it the attention it doesn't deserve.

Bully for you.

Bully for you.

Have you been losing sleep over the whole thing like?

Poor soul.

Guest loonietoonie

i really cant belive how far this has gone ssn having a yellow fucking banner :@ press = cunts