Viduka faces maximum 6 months injury lay-off

Guest pistonism

Guest Guinness

I'd take Crouch like. Basically he's an upgrade on what we have already and is a better footballer than he is often given credit for.

This.

I'm pretty sure he won't go for £15m, that's just their starting price for negotiations.

Probably not, but it will be ballpark wont it?

Not imo. Agree with Baggio about Crouch's lack of mobility (and he lacks athleticism too) . He's not exactly perfect but a good player. Not really a classic 'target man' either but I think he could work well if we persist with the 4-3-3 next season with Owen's movement and Martin's pace.

I think we need someone who can pull out onto the right at times (like Martins does on the left in this formation) as we seem very narrow down that side of the pitch when beye can't get forward, but they also need need to quite strong in case we change tactics and go 4-4-2 in a game.

If Keegan wants Premiership proven players then Santa Cruz, Darren Bent or Kenwyne Jones would be better options.

Guest alex

Probably not, but it will be ballpark wont it?

Not imo. Agree with Baggio about Crouch's lack of mobility (and he lacks athleticism too) . He's not exactly perfect but a good player. Not really a classic 'target man' either but I think he could work well if we persist with the 4-3-3 next season with Owen's movement and Martin's pace.

I think we need someone who can pull out onto the right at times (like Martins does on the left in this formation) as we seem very narrow down that side of the pitch when beye can't get forward, but they also need need to quite strong in case we change tactics and go 4-4-2 in a game.

If Keegan wants Premiership proven players then Santa Cruz, Darren Bent or Kenwyne Jones would be better options.

Bent would be a good option, I agree. Spurs might sell too.

WTF has Bent done this season to warrent putting in a bid for?

If we were happy to offer c£15m for Modric, then I think we should go to 25m for Berbatov.  He would be class with Owen and Martins at his side.

If we were happy to offer c£15m for Modric, then I think we should go to 25m for Berbatov.  He would be class with Owen and Martins at his side.

Because he would never want to come here, even if he supports us as it were. Spurs are (sadly) a better club than us as it his, offering more than we are, why would he take a step backwards as opposed to joining the likes of Man Utd or Real Madrid?

Because he would never want to come here, even if he supports us as it were. Spurs are (sadly) a better club than us as it his, offering more than we are, why would he take a step backwards as opposed to joining the likes of Man Utd or Real Madrid?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00375/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

See bold.

He might have a soft spot for us but I don't think it would be enough of an issue to make him prefer us over the likes of Real and Man Utd. That's all.

See bold.

He might have a soft spot for us but I don't think it would be enough of an issue to make him prefer us over the likes of Real and Man Utd. That's all.

Or even Tottenham as things are at the minute.  :undecided:  People can bring up boyhood support as much as they like, but if he only had the choice between going to NUFC or going nowhere this summer, I'd bet he'd stay at Spurs purely due to European football and better prospects there at this moment in time.

Guest king harry

We will never get 15 million for crouch when he will be in the last year of his contract next season. Maybe 9 million. Inless spurs come in for him of course, if they can spend 18 onBent, then they would probably spend 20 on crouch.

I reckon if he played every week for a team like newcastle he would hit 15 goals.

Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Good shout.

I agree, can do the same thing Viduka has done in the 4-3-3 tactic and so much more.

Dean Ashton and Peter Crouch? Jesus Christ no.

See bold.

We'll probably end up going for him when he's 30.

Guest BooBoo

Never really happened for Viduka on a regular basis at Newcastle. See also the rest of his career. Whoever is fit though and whoever comes in, i think we'll be back to 442 next term.

Guest rebel_yell12

According The Sun Online (http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1141542.ece) Benitez wants £15 million for Crouch.

Three words: NO and NEVER!

How the f*** is Crouch worth 15 mil?  I'm a Liverpool fan and that's f***ing daylight robbery that.  This from the same club that wouldn't pay 9 mil for Owen last season, or more than 12 mil in 2005.  Is Benitez saying that Peter Crouch of 2008 is worth more than Michael Owen of 2005?  Or even more than Owen in 2008?  Clearly all the pressure in Liverpool has sent Benny round the bend.

It's probably just Liverpool trying to make some money wherever they can, since rumours around LFC is that the club isn't making due payments on a certain other striker who was signed last summer, and the "repo man" is coming calling soon.  What a f***ing mess, at what used to be a proud club.  Normally, I love Yanks (I live amongst them, after all) but those particular Yanks...not so much.  The OTHER, connected, rumour is that if Torres' situation isn't sorted, he'll have to be sold to pay back to the loan which financed his transfer, and Liverpool will then make a bid on Owen.  Not sure I believe either rumour, but with this attempt to sell Crouch for an absolutely mad fee...

If Crouch is worth 15 mil, and Martins can leave for 12 mil (did I get that right?), while Michael Owen can leave for less than 10 mil this summer...how many bids will come in at Newcastle?  Especially if there's no new contract for Owen or Martins.  Could be a very "fun" summer with all the transfer speculation.

Replacing Viduka may be a top priority, unless Keegan gets in at least three new midfielders, because the 4-3-3 does NOT work with Smith in, and I'm not sure I'd trust Carroll to start and play every match.  He's very young still, and MOST players aren't quite ready for that at 19.  A more reliable 30 year-old striker, with Carroll as an understudy, would seem like the proper route to me.