Alan Smith costs us Europe

Dokko

alan smith will go down as the worst signing this club has made, even maric, guivarch, paul dalglish, paul robinson scored for the club

performance-wise, i'd say it was Albert Luque as the worst signing.

Albert Luque scored against the Mackems. Smith can't even do that.

Guest shearer_united

alan smith will go down as the worst signing this club has made, even maric, guivarch, paul dalglish, paul robinson scored for the club

Smith did not play as  a striker for much of the season. He was used in midfield.

I think Smith has a lot more potential, though I agree his stats are appalling.

We should be seeing Smith used in a Striker role, upfront with Owen/Martins.

Smith did not play as  a striker for much of the season. He was used in midfield.

I think Smith has a lot more potential, though I agree his stats are appalling.

We should be seeing Smith used in a Striker role, upfront with Owen/Martins.

Seriously?  :undecided:

Guest shearer_united

Well he's not the best. He's definitely a game-raiser and should prove himself one day hopefully.

Unfair to compare Smith to Luque. Yes, he's been s****, but at least he's tried.

Luque just took the piss.

But that's just it isn't it. Without even trying Luque contributed more. Smith is an abomination.

Guest shearer_united

Unfair to compare Smith to Luque. Yes, he's been s****, but at least he's tried.

But that's just it isn't it. Without even trying Luque contributed more. Smith is an abomination.

I personally hold a grudge against Luque. I honestly feel he was the most careless squad player we had. He said it himself. He came to Newcastle for the money.

I personally hold a grudge against Luque. I honestly feel he was the most careless squad player we had. He said it himself. He came to Newcastle for the money.

Blame Shepherd *puts tin hat on and flees before the inevitable war*

Guest shearer_united

Your avatar is a picture of Alan Smith. You prefer him over Luque. Your opinion is worthless, sorry.

He's My Role Model :D

If we can't sell him we should do a Ljungberg on him.

Get Steven Taylor to stamp on him?

Do you think if we offered Smith £3 million to go away, Spurs would predictably try to outbid us and offer £4 million to not have him?

Thinking about his moronic tackle at Wigan on Boxing Day still winds me up. Thick as fucking shit.

Bet Smith's played comfortably more games up front than Luque did btw.

Butt has got more though, hasn't he?

I dislike Smith as much as anyone, but why blame it on him when we've got someone who is worse in this aspect?

But has 12 yellows (12 points, same as smith, just took him 9 extra games to get there) but unlike the bottle blond Sir Nicholas has actually scored.  Thrice!

Perhaps the answer is NOT to buy anymore Man U cast offs.

They almost always turn out to be a big  disappointment.

:lol:

We don't need to be in Europe next season anyway

WTF pointless post frenzy,if we were in Europe we could attract a far better calibre of player than the position we are now .Stupidity personified or is it a post looking for bites well its hooked me  :tickedoff:

8 yellow, 1 red for smithy, would have reduced our total to 37, putting us 3rd behind Everton and Liverpool f**k me HE DID COST US EUROPE

Plus Butts 14 yellows....

Butt has got more though, hasn't he?

I dislike Smith as much as anyone, but why blame it on him when we've got someone who is worse in this aspect?

But has 12 yellows (12 points, same as smith, just took him 9 extra games to get there) but unlike the bottle blond Sir Nicholas has actually scored.  Thrice!

Perhaps the answer is NOT to buy anymore Man U cast offs.

They almost always turn out to be a big  disappointment.

Are you two for real?

Guest Mucky01

Villa

Ta,

if villa end up ahead of everton, have everton entered for the Intertoto?

bbc sport:

"Uefa Fair Play League: In order to be eligible for one of the three places available via the Fair Play League, an association must score an average of over eight. The top association gets a Uefa Cup place, while all other associations with an average of over eight (there are currently eight) are placed into a ballot.

England are guaranteed an extra place after topping the Fair Play League, and it will be given to the team placed highest in the Premier League Fair Play League that has not qualified by other means. At the moment, Manchester City are in the driving seat."

looking at the fair play table, we are 14th with a points score of 8.01 so depending on how we go at everton,  we would go into a ballot.

bbc sport:

"Uefa Fair Play League: In order to be eligible for one of the three places available via the Fair Play League, an association must score an average of over eight. The top association gets a Uefa Cup place, while all other associations with an average of over eight (there are currently eight) are placed into a ballot.

England are guaranteed an extra place after topping the Fair Play League, and it will be given to the team placed highest in the Premier League Fair Play League that has not qualified by other means. At the moment, Manchester City are in the driving seat."

looking at the fair play table, we are 14th with a points score of 8.01 so depending on how we go at everton,  we would go into a ballot.

You have misunderstood. An association is a league not a club. Other leagues with an average over 8 will go into the ballot, individual clubs will not.

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on this forum. :lol: