Replacing the Duke for £12m

toontownman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone actually seen this Gomis play?

good question, 20 people voted for him but personally i never saw him play in my life..

Ashton for me, brilliant powerfull player, only problem is his injurey recored.

Same. Never seen Gomis play, so its kinda hard voting for him then .

Crouch havent been that good as a target striker, however i think he could do a very good job, as i rate him as a striker. However I went with Ashton, cause i think he has been very good since newyear's or so, and i think his injury problems is mainly setbacks from his horrible ankle-thingy. (think that was it)

I voted for Crouch, but if we'd need to spend 15m signing him then I wouldn't mind seeing us take a risk and sign Gomis instead.

Bent would also be a good option, depending on how much he'd cost. Don't really think all the criticism he has gotten this season is fair giving he has only started in 11 league games this season. Had 31 goals in 68 league matches for Charlton, an excellent goal/game ratio for someone playing a mid-table club, so he can definitely score goals.

Gomis for me, i've seen him play a couple of games. He looks a bit like Drogba, but maybe more of a teamplayer than Drogba. He is big and strong like Drogba, god a good shot, and seems like he has more pace than Drogba. Drogba is a player who can do more on his own, and I think Gomis need more from the players around him than drogba.

But how does he compare to Drogba?

Gomis for me, i've seen him play a couple of games. He looks a bit like Drogba, but maybe more of a teamplayer than Drogba. He is big and strong like Drogba, god a good shot, and seems like he has more pace than Drogba. Drogba is a player who can do more on his own, and I think Gomis need more from the players around him than drogba.

Overrated striker from france ? :D '(edit: that has played in france)

Mostly of his technique, shooting(when drogba was in Marseille he had some crazy shots), Big and strong.  Thats the compare to Drogba.

When Drogba was in Marseille, he was their strikeforce. He knocked both out us and liverpool almost on his own.  While Gomis is more a player who is a team player, and makes clever runs behind players.

Tbh. I think Gomis is more like Adebayore than Drogba.

He's similar to George Weah in stature but he's tricky like Kanu and fast like Theo Walcott, but it's his finishing that's really impressive - a bit like Smaule Eto'o.

In actual fact i have no fucking idea what he's like but he's got a really cool name so let's sign him!

Johnson as a replacement for Viduka

f****** hell, honestly

You did notice nobody has voted for him, and he was only included as someone linked to us recently, right?

so basically it was stupid to include him in the poll. Which was what i was getting at  O0

First line of the thread:

'All of the above have been linked with us over the past couple of months, they would also all cost roughly around the same (12m).

Which would you like to see?'

;)

Guest mobiius

I'm ready to take the risk with Bafetimbi Gomis.

They call him the new Drogba (and we know that when a player is dubed the "new ____"  it always turns out that way. Cherouy the new Zidane etc.) and honestly they have a somewhat similar record:

-Gomis this season has 14 goals in 34 matches

-Drogba  his last season in France had 18 goals in 35 matches

- Gomis 1.89, Drogba 1.88 and they even look similar

But it also has to be noted that he is only 22 years old, when Drogba was 22 he was playing at Le Mans where he scored 0 goals in the 11 matches he participated in that season.

So I dunno really, I just have a good feeling for Gomis.

Sold!

:thup:

http://pics.centerblog.net/pic/tyson64/d416tb7c.jpg

=

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/413557135_b849ec6e3d.jpg

if we do get him and we probably will i hope the fuck he doesn't drop as easy as drogba cos the press will be on it like a tick on a sheep's arse in the heat of summer.

I'd go with Gomis at that price although admittedly i've never really seen him play. I'm basing that on the reviews and reports of others and the next label get me excited too but probably shouldn't for reasons already stated.

Discarding that and going for personal opinion out of them lot i've take Bent for under the £10m mark. Ashton is probably the better striker, but is far too injury prone to be anything other than a liability, Bent is by far the better athlete and it seems to be all important these days, especially pace up front. Saying that Bent isn't too far off in terms of striking quality, he just hasn't really ahd the chance to impress this season, a full season and i think he'd get us 20 league goals, Ashton 10 due to injury.

Gomis. Mainly because i find Ashton, Crouch, and Johnson(especially) so unattractive. Bent would be good, but his wages worry me, i remember that article that was in all the papers listed the top 50 earning players and he was on 95k a week. If that is true i wouldn't be interested.

I'm ready to take the risk with Bafetimbi Gomis.

They call him the new Drogba (and we know that when a player is dubed the "new ____"  it always turns out that way. Cherouy the new Zidane etc.) and honestly they have a somewhat similar record:

-Gomis this season has 14 goals in 34 matches

-Drogba  his last season in France had 18 goals in 35 matches

- Gomis 1.89, Drogba 1.88 and they even look similar

But it also has to be noted that he is only 22 years old, when Drogba was 22 he was playing at Le Mans where he scored 0 goals in the 11 matches he participated in that season.

So I dunno really, I just have a good feeling for Gomis.

Sold!

:thup:

http://pics.centerblog.net/pic/tyson64/d416tb7c.jpg

=

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/413557135_b849ec6e3d.jpg

if we do get him and we probably will i hope the f*** he doesn't drop as easy as drogba cos the press will be on it like a tick on a sheep's arse in the heat of summer.

Looks like they are both christians.

Bent is better in the air than Crouch, he's got a good leap on him and he can actually direct where his headers go unlike Crouch. He wins a lot of flick ons as well. He's obviously very mobile and has proved he can score goals in the premiership, whether upfront alone or in a pair. Why is Crouch joint second? Fucking hell.

Out of them I'd go:

Bent

Gomis

Ashton

Crouch

Johnson