Amara Diane off to Qatar

Willow

obviously motivated by money and not career then.

Off to Qatar. Wonder why he's going there  :rolleyes:

Fuking hell. How can we NUFC fans dare criticise a footballer going somewhere for the money.

Un-fuking-believable.

So because Newcastle had players join them for money means the fans aren't allowed to criticise (I wasnt even critisicing as much as I was making a passing comment anyway)?

We're not the ones buying the players.

So because Newcastle had players join them for money means the fans aren't allowed to criticise (I wasnt even critisicing as much as I was making a passing comment anyway)?

Pot-kettle-black.

Guest Heneage

Pot-kettle-black.

I think the difference is, there are 2 higher standards of league, I don't criticise the lad wanting big money, but its the poor standard that follows.

obviously motivated by money and not career then.

Off to Qatar. Wonder why he's going there  :rolleyes:

Fuking hell. How can we NUFC fans dare criticise a footballer going somewhere for the money.

Un-fuking-believable.

You go to us, you get a very good standard of football, you get a decent enough club, and you get further exposure in case you later want to move on. And yes, you get a decent wage.

In Qatar you get a very good wage and that's it.

Pot-kettle-black.

Pot-kettle-same old shit

Gone to Qatar for the money. At least he is honest about it.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=768888

One-time Newcastle United target Ivory Coast striker Amara Diane has left Paris St Germain to join Qatar outfit Al Rayyan.

The Magpies as well as fellow Premier League club Portsmouth were rumoured to be on the trial of the 25 year-old who cost the Asian team 10 million euros.

Diane helped the former French giants avoid relegation last season but was disciplined by the club for missing pre-season training.

“From now I want to ensure my family’s financial future. And only a Qatari club can permit me to do it.” Diane reportedly told Le Parisien.

Diane, who played for Strasbourg before joining PSG in 2006, has signed a three-year deal with the seven-time Qatari champions.

Makes you wonder how the rest of us make sure our family are secure when these poor footballers obviously couldnt do it on £20k-£30k a week :lol:

I understand where you are coming from but don't forget how short the career of a pro footballer is.

They have short careers aye but then they earn as much as the average persons annual salary in one week. A years salary could be enough for them to retire on.

All true, but I was referring more to the lower league players when I said that

Fair enough to those but I was really talking about players like Diane. Players who have apparently had offers from the premiership (where I would imagine the average wage must be £20,000-£30,000 a week these days) and they talk about making sure their families are safe financially.

Fair enough to those but I was really talking about players like Diane. Players who have apparently had offers from the premiership (where I would imagine the average wage must be £20,000-£30,000 a week these days) and they talk about making sure their families are safe financially.

Yeah, must be a on a fair bit more over there I imagine.