Amara Diane off to Qatar

Willow

Or Hamman who f***ed off to a supposedly smaller club than us after one season

We should be breaking records in the way Brian Clough did, what would we give to watch players of the calibre of Ian Wallace, Peter (I think) Ward, Justin Fashanu, that's the way I want to see us go.  :lol:

You have to spend big, like Man United, Chelsea etc do

and play each other in the European Cup Final. Well done.

Easy when you try. Still, I'm sure you know best.

or do it the NUFC way,spend big and go backwards. amn utd and chelsea do it from a position of strength we aren't in. a bit like telling any team just spend as much as you can and the success that brings will pay for it.

We should be breaking records in the way Brian Clough did, what would we give to watch players of the calibre of Ian Wallace, Peter (I think) Ward, Justin Fashanu, that's the way I want to see us go.   :lol:

I do know best.  Thats why there was more to that post than you've quoted ;)

I'll start you off with Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Speed, Dyer, Bellamy, Ferguson, Robert, Albert, Hamman, Batty, Woodgate, and finish off with the fact that only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us, because of these signings ?

Unless of course you think we should have bought players such as Chopra, kilbane, Arca, Lawrence - or Heard, Reilly, Pingel, Bogie, Gourlay, Robertson, Stimson, Dillon......... great days, all bargain buys the lot of them.

Quite amazing that any Newcastle supporter is unhappy with signing a top footballer like Michael Owen, they must have been over the moon when we bought Rob McDonald.

You need to wise up lad, you're living in cloud cuckoo land, although I'm not surprised that - just like the example of pompey - you're using the old tried and trusted example of Leeds to suggest that everybody who spends a lot of money ends up like Leeds

Funny that one  bluelaugh.gif

Ginola  bluelaugh.gif £2,500,000 transfer fee.   :lol:

tell us why ?

Also explain why Liverpool are perceived as "bigger" and why you don't seem to want to follow how they do it ?

we shouldn't be following them as we were ahead of them and refused to build when the time was right....you already know this.

Thats pretty much it.  Why do you think it was NE5?

I asked why Hamman wanted to leave Newcastle and why he went to Liverpool, which you haven't answered.

As for the 2nd part, we employed their manager who had been part of their success, why do you think we didn't move forward ? Because the 2 main owners were found in a brothel or because you would have employed a different manager ? If so, who had a better record at the time ?

Like the way Liam O has backed madras up because he didn't know btw  mackems.gif

We should be breaking records in the way Brian Clough did, what would we give to watch players of the calibre of Ian Wallace, Peter (I think) Ward, Justin Fashanu, that's the way I want to see us go.   :lol:

Add up the total cost of the 2 teams.

End of story.

We should be breaking records in the way Brian Clough did, what would we give to watch players of the calibre of Ian Wallace, Peter (I think) Ward, Justin Fashanu, that's the way I want to see us go.   :lol:

or do it the NUFC way,spend big and go backwards. amn utd and chelsea do it from a position of strength we aren't in. a bit like telling any team just spend as much as you can and the success that brings will pay for it.

so you are supporting the spending of money that isn't there now ?

And why do people like you always discount Woodgate ?

I'll start you off with Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Speed, Dyer, Bellamy, Ferguson, Robert, Albert, Hamman, Batty, Woodgate, and finish off with the fact that only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us, because of these signings ?

Unless of course you think we should have bought players such as Chopra, kilbane, Arca, Lawrence - or Heard, Reilly, Pingel, Bogie, Gourlay, Robertson, Stimson, Dillon......... great days, all bargain buys the lot of them.

Quite amazing that any Newcastle supporter is unhappy with signing a top footballer like Michael Owen, they must have been over the moon when we bought Rob McDonald.

You need to wise up lad, you're living in cloud cuckoo land, although I'm not surprised that - just like the example of pompey - you're using the old tried and trusted example of Leeds to suggest that everybody who spends a lot of money ends up like Leeds

tell us why ?

Also explain why Liverpool are perceived as "bigger" and why you don't seem to want to follow how they do it ?

we shouldn't be following them as we were ahead of them and refused to build when the time was right....you already know this.

I asked why Hamman wanted to leave Newcastle and why he went to Liverpool, which you haven't answered.

As for the 2nd part, we employed their manager who had been part of their success, why do you think we didn't move forward ? Because the 2 main owners were found in a brothel or because you would have employed a different manager ? If so, who had a better record at the time ?

Like the way Liam O has backed madras up because he didn't know btw  mackems.gif

Because Liverpool are a bigger club than us.

End of story.

Spending big doesn't guarantee getting good footballers.  End of Story.

tell us why ?

Well, they have been more successful for the past 4 decades, no doubt about that. But we allowed them a hell of a start until we seriously set about trying to catch them.

Seriously mate, going by your username, you must have supported the club when Liam O scored those goals against the mackems. You must be able to see that at that time we were pretty much on a level with them so can see also how much further on we moved on after that

End of story.

Spending big doesn't guarantee getting good footballers.  End of Story.

You need to spend big to match the other big clubs. If you really think ManU and Chelsea have spent all that money when there was no need to, you have a serious problem.

Never thought you were one of the pointless ones mate, but you're looking more like it, I'm sure you can see this.

tell us why ?

Well, they have been more successful for the past 4 decades, no doubt about that. But we allowed them a hell of a start until we seriously set about trying to catch them.

Seriously mate, going by your username, you must have supported the club when Liam O scored those goals against the mackems. You must be able to see that at that time we were pretty much on a level with them so can see also how much further on we moved on after that

Thanks.  Thats the correct answer.  Liverpool are still a bigger club than us.  I can step out of this now we've agreed on something.

tell us why ?

Thanks.  Thats the correct answer.  Liverpool are still a bigger club than us.  I can step out of this now we've agreed on something.

more successful, yes, of course.

However, if you don't believe in your club, and the potential we have to match and be better, thats your problem. The manager certainly does, or he did anyway, when he thought he had a board that was prepared to help him do it.

You need to spend big to match the other big clubs. If you really think ManU and Chelsea have spent all that money when there was no need to, you have a serious problem.

Never thought you were one of the pointless ones mate, but you're looking more like it, I'm sure you can see this.

I don't think I said that, not the first time you've done that sort of thing either.  Even more reason to step out of another ruined thread.

However, if you don't believe in your club, and the potential we have to match and be better, thats your problem. The manager certainly does, or he did anyway, when he thought he had a board that was prepared to help him do it.

Didn't say that either ;)

I don't think I said that, not the first time you've done that sort of thing either.  Even more reason to step out of another ruined thread.

Like I said Liam, I'm not happy with what I perceive as limited ambition from the new owner. Other posters - ie you - have dragged it into a discussion about the old board.

Didn't say that either ;)

it seems like you do. I think we can match Liverpool and beat them to trophies, of course I can. Thats all I'm saying, and that what this thread is about, mainly. Its all about setting higher standards, the standards the top clubs set themselves.

NE5, http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52957.0

You lasted a week. Sunshine, now get the fuck out of this thread, please.

I can criticise the current board if I like sunshine, which is how it is. Now, if you don't want to read it and prefer to pick your favourite players from your view in Sweden or wherever you live, read those threads instead.

You can criticise whoever and whatever you want, but please do it in a thread that's meant for that sort of discussion. I come to this thread to read about the player and developments in the negotiations for that player. I couldn't care less about your views on the boards, and it's a right pain to scroll through five pages of pure nothingness.

Just to stay away from being a hypocrite, if you intend to reply to this post, please do so via PM so we can keep this thread about AMARA DIANE.

Like I said Liam, I'm not happy with what I perceive as limited ambition from the new owner. Other posters - ie you - have dragged it into a discussion about the old board.

Haven't mentioned the old or the new board either ;)

Seriously mate, I don't really have time to sit here defending myself for things I haven't said.

NE5, http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52957.0

You lasted a week. Sunshine, now get the fuck out of this thread, please.

I can criticise the current board if I like sunshine, which is how it is. Now, if you don't want to read it and prefer to pick your favourite players from your view in Sweden or wherever you live, read those threads instead.

You can criticise whoever and whatever you want, but please do it in a thread that's meant for that sort of discussion. I come to this thread to read about the player and developments in the negotiations for that player. I couldn't care less about your views on the boards, and it's a right pain to scroll through five pages of pure nothingness.

Just to stay away from being a hypocrite, if you intend to reply to this post, please do so via PM so we can keep this thread about AMARA DIANE.

I'm criticising the transfer policy of the club so far based on comments, actions and results, including the player who is the subject of this thread. One or two other people that don't have their head in the sand have also expressed reservations and doubts.

It is part of the thread.

And don't you tell me what I can and can't post.

Haven't mentioned the old or the new board either ;)

Seriously mate, I don't really have time to sit here defending myself for things I haven't said.

thats exactly how I feel too, can't be arsed to defend my point of view and people telling me what point of view I should have, as well as [deliberately in some cases] misinterpreting my point of view.

Very childish.

We should be breaking records in the way Brian Clough did, what would we give to watch players of the calibre of Ian Wallace, Peter (I think) Ward, Justin Fashanu, that's the way I want to see us go.  :lol:

so you are supporting the spending of money that isn't there now ?

And why do people like you always discount Woodgate ?

errrr when the argument originally began i always brought up woodgate but remember at the time we bought him we hadn't qualified for the qualifying stages of the next seasons champs lge...with all the cash that brings. so after finshing 3rd with woodgate already in the squad but not yet qualified for the group stage proper we strenghten by getting in a free lee bowyer (this when liverpool finished 5th for a uefa cup spot)

we had a good manager and didn't back him when we should have and we could have broke away from liverpool.

then we backed poor appointments as manageras and went backwards.

is this not how you see it ?