Zarate - two Premier League clubs in talks with him

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7400878.stm

Birmingham's on-loan striker Mauro Zarate is having talks with two Premier League clubs, according to the Argentine player's agent.

The 21-year-old, who joined in January from Qatari side Al-Saad until the end of the season, scored four goals for relegated Blues.

"He's in discussions with two top English sides at the moment," his agent Christian Otero told BBC Sport.

"Al-Saad had quoted about £20m for him but I think he will go for about £10m."

Otero added: "I expect to have more details regarding Mauro's future next week."

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish said he was disappointed to see Zarate leave St Andrew's.

"Mauro's going to be an attractive proposition to Premier League clubs, in fact I know he is," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"I would like to thank him for his spell here, and he made an impact, which was never going to be easy.

"It was a little bit of a risk bringing him in from a league where you can get away with things, be lazy and still look like a world class star, coming into the hurly-burly of the Premier League.

"So I applaud his spirit, his heart and he will be a good asset to one of the big clubs, if not here then abroad.

"I said, at times, if he went into a team a little bit technically more proficient than us - and I meant that with no disrespect to our boys - he would be even better.

"He's a real talent and it's just a shame that our situation counted against us."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7400878.stm

Birmingham's on-loan striker Mauro Zarate is having talks with two Premier League clubs, according to the Argentine player's agent.

The 21-year-old, who joined in January from Qatari side Al-Saad until the end of the season, scored four goals for relegated Blues.

"He's in discussions with two top English sides at the moment," his agent Christian Otero told BBC Sport.

"Al-Saad had quoted about £20m for him but I think he will go for about £10m."

Otero added: "I expect to have more details regarding Mauro's future next week."

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish said he was disappointed to see Zarate leave St Andrew's.

"Mauro's going to be an attractive proposition to Premier League clubs, in fact I know he is," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"I would like to thank him for his spell here, and he made an impact, which was never going to be easy.

"It was a little bit of a risk bringing him in from a league where you can get away with things, be lazy and still look like a world class star, coming into the hurly-burly of the Premier League.

"So I applaud his spirit, his heart and he will be a good asset to one of the big clubs, if not here then abroad.

"I said, at times, if he went into a team a little bit technically more proficient than us - and I meant that with no disrespect to our boys - he would be even better.

"He's a real talent and it's just a shame that our situation counted against us."

I read this and though Villa and Everton immediately. Dunno why, just did! There's no way (unfortunately) KK would go for him! Here's hoping tho!

..so I said 'what if we just take these corners off, you know, like make it more round, won't that improve things a bit?'. We did that and the change was amazing...

Guest teepee

I've only seen him a couple of times but looks a great potential

agreed - if oba or owen leaves he could be an interesting option

• 1 month later...

Word on the street is Jimenez and Wise are in Dubai to hijack the Zarate to Lazio deal ...

skim reading this made it seem like a new karate kid film plot, hope its true and we get him on more than a loan. What street did you hear these words on?

as much as I`d like it to be true I doubt it will happen....I would go for Zarate ahead of Aimar if I had the choice......but right now I`d be happy with either given the way things are going

"On Saturday I will be in Rome to sign the contract and for medical visits," said the former Birmingham City forward. "Many Argentines have worn the shirt of Lazio. I'm happy to be going to Rome.

"I know the Biancocelesti fans are waiting for me, I hope to have a really good championship."

If we were not in for him it makes me think we do know what we are doing and we will be making exciting signings this lad was ideal and fitted the criteria for Ashley yet we are not even linked to him so surely we are talking to others.