The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teasy its already 2 weeks until the transfer window opens and we have only bid what would have been a club record for a player. How can you be soo stupid that you can't see we wont be spending any money? Durrrr!

The Sun?

It's been in a few places iirc.

Daily Mirror ran with it and others have jumped on that story. the end

If Man City are interested forget it. Oh i wish we had money bags Thaksin instead of the scrooge

Frank Sinatra will go belly up at Man City within the next ten years majorly. Be careful what you wish for.

10 years.

Glad you narrowed that one down.

You'd want to have a club in ten years time though don't you?

The Sun?

If Man City are interested forget it. Oh i wish we had money bags Thaksin instead of the scrooge

Frank Sinatra will go belly up at Man City within the next ten years majorly. Be careful what you wish for.

10 years.

That's not the point.

The point being 10 years is a long time to deem failure on a very dodgy regime.

Just to support previous posts, my wife is russian and I asked her to read both papers as well as others on the net and she told me that there was no mention of Arshavin and NUFC agreeing terms.

Only mention was something to do with russian players superstitions at euro 2008 and how the country believe they should be performing better

Everton interested as well according to there fans

Im glad we only have a week to wait but the later it goes without any news makes this signing less and less likely not that many of us thought it was true.

Our ability to get this player or not will be a clear indicator of where the club is heading.

If we are actually in for him

Exactly :lol:

I love the "this club is shit, can't believe we missed out on player x who was never a confirmed target" brigade.

Guest LondonMag

Well maybe i need to check on my Eastren europe contacts ;D

really nothing there.sorry guys.next time i'll check it.

Agreed......I speak a little Russian and there is nothing there or on any of the other websites about Arshavin and Newcastle. The only stuff I can find is us being linked with him when Allardyce was manager.

I've sent a text to a mate of mine who's a big Zenit fan, will let people know about any news.

I did find a report on soccer.ru, linking to an outside blog saying that Wise has met Arshavin's agent with Man City also interested. But I don't think one report on a blog (think Goal, Tribal Football, TeamTalk etc) can be seen as anything other than speculation or all over the news. Also, quite tellingly, all but one of the comments left on that story say that neither teams are good enough for him, but if he had a choice then Man City are clearly the better club to go to. Talk of Newcastle is being laughed at.

(http://www.soccer.ru/news/69452.shtml)

surely not

Just to support previous posts, my wife is russian and I asked her to read both papers as well as others on the net and she told me that there was no mention of Arshavin and NUFC agreeing terms.

Only mention was something to do with russian players superstitions at euro 2008 and how the country believe they should be performing better

So does this mean Keegan has no chance of shrugging off this failure tag you have always attached to him - that nobody else has equalled since the first time ?

So does this mean Keegan has no chance of shrugging off this failure tag you have always attached to him - that nobody else has equalled since the first time ?

Nice one, ask him about Souness being a good manager.

How about we DON'T ruin another thread, eh?

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Sun?

10 years.

That's not the point.

The point being 10 years is a long time to deem failure on a very dodgy regime.

I think Sinatra will put Man City in a position where even if they were to go tits up they would be very attractive to a potential invester. I see them overtaking Liverpool in the next 2 seasons as Sinatra has given Hughes money to burn ala Abramovich.

The man is dodgy as one of Boyceys car but believe me he will give Hughes everything he wants and they already have a few potential superstars in Hart, Richards, Elano, Johnson, Petrov.

I think they will finish 5th this season and 3rd/4th next.

By the way i am all for steady progress but if he (Ashley) dosnt invest heavily this season, next seasons recruitment will be virtually impossible

I think Sinatra will put Man City in a position where even if they were to go tits up they would be very attractive to a potential invester. I see them overtaking Liverpool in the next 2 seasons as Sinatra has given Hughes money to burn ala Abramovich.

The man is dodgy as one of Boyceys car but believe me he will give Hughes everything he wants and they already have a few potential superstars in Hart, Richards, Elano, Johnson, Petrov.

I think they will finish 5th this season and 3rd/4th next.

By the way i am all for steady progress but if he (Ashley) dosnt invest heavily this season, next seasons recruitment will be virtually impossible

He doesn't have the money to blow himself though, hows he going to spend Chelsea level money but still make the club attractive to investors if it goes tits up?

Don't know the reliability but the following site (although with slightly dodgy translation) reckons we've reached an agreement on 15m Euros.

http://mercato-blog.football.fr/2008/06/14/3468-arshavin-proche-de-newcastle

Translated: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmercato-blog.football.fr%2F2008%2F06%2F14%2F3468-arshavin-proche-de-newcastle&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

"Mercato-blog" Enough said :)