The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest gbolem

From an interview yesterday with nevasport.ru:

-- This is not the only issue related to Andrei Arshavin, which fans are discussing now.The number of English clubs Prime League, in which you will go, according to media reports, both on the growing yeast. Sudachat and the amounts that these clubs offer for you "Zenitu".

- But this topic, I do not want to discuss now. About his intention to change the club I said. But now European championship and I team, consisting of Russia. By focusing exclusively on preparations for the upcoming matches.

-  Match?

-  I hope that will leave the group.

- The forecast from Andrei Arshavin?

- I think the chances we have approximately equal with the Swedes. И верю в успех. And believe in success.

- A British clubs will wait?

-  I have an agent, there is a leadership "Zenita", there are leaders of clubs. Я пока это не обсуждаю. I have not discussed it yet.

It's all oh so clear now. :lol:

If we are going to take rumours seriously, it does seem as though it is only us and City interested. Arshavin probably knows this and with them chasing Ronaldinho and already having Elano and Petrov in the squad surely that puts us in pole position?

Arshavin:

"At the moment I cannot tell you anything new."

If we are going to take rumours seriously, it does seem as though it is only us and City interested. Arshavin probably knows this and with them chasing Ronaldinho and already having Elano and Petrov in the squad surely that puts us in pole position?

Arshavin:

"At the moment I cannot tell you anything new."

You would think so but I'm still sceptical as to whether indeed our interest is solid.  It doesn't seem like a Keegan-esque signing, maybe wise etc but unfortunatley I really can't see it.

Guest teepee

i've really liked what i've seen of arshavin so far - but does he not play the role owen currently is filling?

so we'd still need three midfielders and a big striker if we buy him....

I would think Arshavin could play either left wing, left centre mid, left sided attack of a 4-3-3 or perhaps through the middle.

He's good enough to 'make' a position for though imo.

The Gambling Gorilla - I'm interested in what you say about him not looking like a Keegan signing - what makes you think that?

He's been out of the game a while and clearly stated he wanted experienced Premier League player's.  Obviously I'm sure Keegan would have heard of him and probably does rate him but I doubt he'd take such a punt in his first summer back on a Russian player who has never played outside of Russia for that amount of money.  It could happen if Wise puts him forward and Ashley said it would be on top of his current budget, I just can't see it.

He's been out of the game a while and clearly stated he wanted experienced Premier League player's.  Obviously I'm sure Keegan would have heard of him and probably does rate him but I doubt he'd take such a punt in his first summer back on a Russian player who has never played outside of Russia for that amount of money.  It could happen if Wise puts him forward and Ashley said it would be on top of his current budget, I just can't see it.

Fair enough - I had forgot about his comments re; premier league experience tbh.

You could well be right.

If we do take a chance on someone outside of those parameters I hope it's with Arshavin as I can see him being a major success in our league.

He's a grafter, has a lovely turn of pace, see's a through ball (Which, incidentally, none of our current crop can) and he can link up play well.

It helps that he doesn't look a soft shite (see Luque, Emre and Viana) too.

Fair enough - I had forgot about his comments re; premier league experience tbh.

You could well be right.

If we do take a chance on someone outside of those parameters I hope it's with Arshavin as I can see him being a major success in our league.

He's a grafter, has a lovely turn of pace, see's a through ball (Which, incidentally, none of our current crop can) and he can link up play well.

It helps that he doesn't look a soft s**** (see Luque, Emre and Viana) too.

Yeah, I'd love to see him here as well.  I think he would be well suited to the Prem and would be excellent in a front 3 if we continued with it.

He's short, but certainly isn't soft. If he came to our club I would prefer to see him on the left in a 4-4-2, or on the left of our 4-3-3. Providing we sell Duff he would give N'Zogbia someone to both compete with and look up to.

He can play nearly anywhere in an attacking role. For Zenit he often swapped wings, but can also play as a second striker and has rarely played through the middle. Obviously his size means he'll be unlikely to play centrally in the Premiership.

The average annual temperature is +4 °C (39 °F).

He'll think it's warm as f*** here tbh.

It's fucking brassic and depressing in the winters (-30 and virtually no sunlight), but their summers are actually better than ours (+30).