The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its from the Mirror...

Arsenal to make £10million bid for Andrei Arshavin

Mirror.co.uk, UK - 7 minutes ago

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to make a £10million bid for Russia's Euro 2008 star Andrei Arshavin. Wenger has already spoken to Zenit St Petersburg ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/19/arsenal-to-make-10million-bid-for-andrei-arshavin-89520-20613151/

I've never been a fan of paying over the odds for players but on this occasion I'd f*** Arsenal over by offering £15m for him.

I doubt Wenger would match that given the Nasri is nearly through.

Good point

Its from the Mirror...

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to make a £10million bid for Russia's Euro 2008 star Andrei Arshavin. Wenger has already spoken to Zenit St Petersburg ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/19/arsenal-to-make-10million-bid-for-andrei-arshavin-89520-20613151/

I've never been a fan of paying over the odds for players but on this occasion I'd f*** Arsenal over by offering £15m for him.

and then the player would say i'd rather go to arsenal leaving zenit to take decide on arsenals offer. if they reject it,it's unlikely he'd come here knowing arsenal want him.

Its from the Mirror...

and then the player would say i'd rather go to arsenal leaving zenit to take decide on arsenals offer. if they reject it,it's unlikely he'd come here knowing arsenal want him.

Owen?

If Arshavin is ready to leave he'd come imo.

Its from the Mirror...

Owen?

owen...desperatly needed to come home and get regular football. arshavin aint in that position.

arshavin would come if we were the best option for the player. if arsenal are in for him i'm not confident.

Its from the Mirror...

sadly but true.... he's on golden age of his football career... why would he'd come to us even we offered load of cash

CL requirement as minimum i guess

Its from the Mirror...

Owen?

owen...desperatly needed to come home and get regular football. arshavin aint in that position.

arshavin would come if we were the best option for the player. if arsenal are in for him i'm not confident.

If Arshavin is ready to play overseas he's going to have to move this summer really (certainly next summer would pretty much be his last chance to play at a top club imo as Zenit would want big dollar and he'd be coming up to 29 by then).

So, if he's ready to move we may be assisted by the supposed deadline set by Zenit of 20th June as it puts pressure on us to make a move.

Get a deal accepted by Zenit and we're ahead of the game.

In truth, we should have had this all agreed before the Euros, as he was only ever going to get more attention due to his performances.

I was hoping Russia went out early on.

Its from the Mirror...

Owen?

If Arshavin is ready to play overseas he's going to have to move this summer really (certainly next summer would pretty much be his last chance to play at a top club imo as Zenit would want big dollar and he'd be coming up to 29 by then).

So, if he's ready to move we may be assisted by the supposed deadline set by Zenit of 20th June as it puts pressure on us to make a move.

Get a deal accepted by Zenit and we're ahead of the game.

In truth, we should have had this all agreed before the Euros, as he was only ever going to get more attention due to his performances.

I was hoping Russia went out early on.

in truth we don't know if we tried before the euro's but zenit wanted to wait to give him more exposure.

agreed in that he'll move this summer.

Guest BigAl2

Ronaldo will be go

I think we have missed the boat, Arshavin would start for any team in the world.

Not sure he'd get in the Man U team ahead of Rooney, Ronaldo or tevez

Ronaldo will be off soon he is better than Park, Scholes is getting on and he would push Tevez and Rooney.

Ronaldo will be go

I think we have missed the boat, Arshavin would start for any team in the world.

Ronaldo will be off soon he is better than Park, Scholes is getting on and he would push Tevez and Rooney.

i think he'd be very good in the scholes role....even better in the beardsley when we had ferdinand and shearer role.

Guest BigAl2

Ronaldo will be go

i think he'd be very good in the scholes role....even better in the beardsley when we had ferdinand and shearer role.

Thats the thing about Arshavin he is very adaptable and can play in a number of roles either as a wide man a playmaker in midfield or just behind the front man.

Guest MaetihS

I think he will in front of Rooney, the most overrated i ever see.

Guest Alex20

I find it odd that he still isn't transfered to one of the bigger european clubs, he's a great F'n player.

We should really go all out on this kid, he's really worth the money.

Ronaldo will be go

Thats the thing about Arshavin he is very adaptable and can play in a number of roles either as a wide man a playmaker in midfield or just behind the front man.

Thats why its easy to link him with Arsenal - typical Arsenal player (Hleb, Rosicky, Walcott, now Nasri)

Guest BigAl2

Not 100% sure that Arshavin is quite Wenger's type of player.

Really? I think he is absolutely what Wenger would be looking for, great on the ball sees and delivers a great pass and weighs in with a fair amount of goals.

I can see him slotting right in with Arsenal replacing Hleb who looks like he is on his way.

Really? I think he is absolutely what Wenger would be looking for, great on the ball sees and delivers a great pass and weighs in with a fair amount of goals.

I can see him slotting right in with Arsenal replacing Hleb who looks like he is on his way.

A little old and expensive in my opinion.

Guest Slippery Sam

If Arshavin is on £50k/week with Zenit, there is no way he will go to Arsenal as their wage structure wont go that far. He wont be coming anywhere near here either by the way, so forget it.

He looked absolute class yesterday. Seems to be able to play lovely through-balls while sleeping, what lovely vision the lad has.

Can't believe he's 27 and pretty much no one had heard of him this time last year.

Guest BigAl2

A little old and expensive in my opinion.

Fair enough but is 26/27 old? as has been said this guy is so like Beardsley its uncanny and we bought him back from Everton when he was 30 + and he went on to give us 5 or so great seasons.

I would rather risk (no risk IMO) £11 million on Arshavin than a combined Smith/Duff who have not exactly set us alight.

I feel having said all this it will be irrelevant anyway as he is destined for greener pastures.