The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Do you reckon NE5 applies his "old board" thinking to other aspects of his life?

Maybes in his younger, far off days:

"My old girlfriend would have swallowed!"

Guest toonlass

Arshavin did what he needed to last night. Its a shame that he has had a decent competition as he will be snapped up by one of the big 4 who will play he periodically and he will never get to show what he can do. Tbh I am sick of the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea buying players that they don't play just so that other teams can't buy them. Sidwell, Ben Haim, Kuyt the lot of them could have had regular first team starts at other clubs but they chose to go with the big boys and ended up sitting on the bench, or playing in a rotation system.

I think we have a very very realistic chance of getting Arshavin - people are saying that he'll be snaped up by the top4 soon enough, but i think its only Chelsea who actually have the policy of being able to buy - "player of the moments" on a consistent basis, the other teams will look to buy players who are looking to reach there potential. I cant think of the last player that either Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool bought who were "flavour of the month".

This is just cringeworthy, it's more likely to freak him out than anything else.

http://nufcblog.com/2008/06/22/transfer-news/send-arshavin-a-geordie-message/

Some of the things they put on that blog are bloody atrocious.

It's grown men doing it aswell, shocking. I'm not even sure that is HIS facebook either, it looks like it was made by a fan. He's probably never seen it in his life.

Guest Geordiesned

This is just cringeworthy, it's more likely to freak him out than anything else.

http://nufcblog.com/2008/06/22/transfer-news/send-arshavin-a-geordie-message/

Some of the things they put on that blog are bloody atrocious.

This is mint ed! i made up a group on facebook saying Arshavin for new toon no 8! everybody get on board that! i said in message that he may be on facebook & may see it! what a coincendence he is! ha ha!

A quote from the facebook group:

this is gettin good folks! lets hope he see's it! come on Andrei toon=passion amazing fans & legend status! just ask big al!

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

Arshavin!!!!! If I was sir Alex I would sell Ronaldo and buy Arshavin in a heart beat millions up and no real loss of ability to the team.

when was the last time man utd bought an outfield player that age ?

Hargreaves.

26 when they bought him wasn't he ? arshavin is 27.

(i sense a lot of quick googling and wiki-ing)

Sheringham and Blanc spring to mind (didnt google it).

Guest Jawesome
Who says RONALD is the the best? He is crap just watch NUFC newly found STAR ANDREI ASHKAVIN. You are the best in the world your goal keeps coming over me since last night. I have a photo of you on the side of my bed and in my car now all dressed up in BLACK AND WHITE of NUFC

Fucking hell...

do not despair, i've seen a chink in NE5's armour, he's downgraded his patronising laughing at you smiley from the desk beater to the smug giggler, there may still be some hope left.

Have you not seen his policies on immigration man? :lol:

Guest Deep456

Fortunately it is a fake set up by a Zenit fan on his own admission.

I was kinda hoping it was real because it would show him, how much people at this club want him.

Guest Phil K

Arshavin has been great in the euro. So you can safely say he aint coming here !

(As have a few of the Russkis - paticularly a young winger whose name I didnt catch - saw the Dutch game in the Newcastle Arms Beer Festival you see !)

Arshavin has been great in the euro. So you can safely say he aint coming here !

(As have a few of the Russkis - paticularly a young winger whose name I didnt catch - saw the Dutch game in the Newcastle Arms Beer Festival you see !)

left hand side .....zhirkov ?

Would like to join Barca, apparently.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/22/Euro-2008-Russia-president-on-Arshavin/

The president of the Russian Football Federation has revealed that man-of-the-moment Andrei Arshavin ‘dreams’ of playing for Barcelona.

The little Russian playmaker has been the revelation of Euro 2008, producing man-of-the-match performances in his country’s wins over Sweden and Holland en route to the semi-finals.

Arshavin has been strongly linked with a move to England and Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton and Newcastle are all reportedly interested in the Zenit St Petersburg star who will leave Russia this summer.

However, the 27-year-old’s displays in Austria and Switzerland will have placed him on many a club’s wishlist and a move to Spain could be on the agenda.

Barcelona are looking to overhaul their forward line with Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto’o all on the move and Vitaly Butko claims Arshavin is eyeing a move to Camp Nou.

"Andrei has a dream to play for Barcelona," Butko told Sport. "It is, together with the Russian national team, his favourite team.

"He could easily play and show all his quality at Barcelona. Andrei doesn't have less quality than players like Deco."