Is there any way back for Damien Duff?

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Lster

Dont think Damien Downs will ever play a decent game for us. Can anybody remember him having a good game while playng for us? Just trying to think back here an I cant even remember him having an ok game, as with all others we have bought from chelski in the past years...

The gag is that it's based on Kes (a Yorkshire-based film), but he calls it a peregrine falcon on the show.

At least this proves that it is actually Dave behind the mask.

The gag is that it's based on Kes (a Yorkshire-based film), but he calls it a peregrine falcon on the show.

At least this proves that it is actually Dave behind the mask.

:lol:

Guest alex

Why's Craig David from Morley though? ;)

First two series were funny as fuck IMO. Not classic stuff by any means, but funny. After that it was total fucking rubbish; clearly used up all the best ideas early on.

He seems to think he's staying though, which is not a good sign.

I don't think Keegan is the kind of manager who tells a player to look for a new club as they are shite.

He'd wait for the first bid, inform the player of it, and then tell the player that he can't guarantee first team football etc.

FWIW, every game is a fresh chance for me. If I see Duff, or Smith, or Fumaca on the team sheet, I hope they prove me wrong. There is always a way back.

Why would we see Fumaca on the team sheet?

The point I was trying to make is however shite a player has been for us, there is always a chance that he can turn it around. Players only become definitely shit when they leave in my eyes.

Guest alex

First two series were funny as fuck IMO. Not classic stuff by any means, but funny. After that it was total fucking rubbish; clearly used up all the best ideas early on.

Aye. I'd go along with that. I've been The Orbit in Morley, as an aside.

Guest alex

He seems to think he's staying though, which is not a good sign.

I don't think Keegan is the kind of manager who tells a player to look for a new club as they are shite.

He'd wait for the first bid, inform the player of it, and then tell the player that he can't guarantee first team football etc.

FWIW, every game is a fresh chance for me. If I see Duff, or Smith, or Fumaca on the team sheet, I hope they prove me wrong. There is always a way back.

Why would we see Fumaca on the team sheet?

The point I was trying to make is however shite a player has been for us, there is always a chance that he can turn it around. Players only become definitely shit when they leave in my eyes.

:lol:

I went in The Orbit once on a 'youth' night called Afterdark. Can't remember whether it was any good, but Morley in general is a right hole. Avid Merrion is named after the Merrion Centre in Leeds btw, and that is shite too.

Why's Craig David from Morley though? ;)

Craig David is from Southampton. Any idiot knows that ;)

Guest Guinness

I don't think there's any way back for him, he's lost his pace which has severly impacted his game. I've not seen anything to suggest he's anything like the player he once was in his time at the club.

I love the fact we're ruining Rich's semi-serious thread btw. :lol:

I've been as guilty as anyone, really. I just wanted to waste some time. Just blasted out another 2,000 words!

Let's get it back on track though, for those who actually want to massdebate about it.

Keep Duff, sell Charlie.

Get rid, no pace, can't beat a man, can't cross a ball, his wages are a drain on the club and he's an oxygen thief, other than that, I have no problem with him.

Are you Hoddle is disguise? Are you Hod-dle in dis-guise?

Why do we have so many players who were good somewhere else or who should be good on paper, who all turn out to be useless as soon as they pull on a Toon shirt? It's maddening.

Duff belongs in this category. He's had two years, done nothing, has shown no signs of improvement, it's mad that he kept Zoggy out of the team for a while. Get rid if we can make any money out of him. There's no point keeping him as a squad player because then he isn't likely to achieve the improvement he needs to in order to justify his presence here. I'm sure if we keep Zoggy he's a better prospect and we can pick up a better left winger anyway, and Milner's more useful than he is on that side too. No brainer.

Utter fucking garbage. Beyond me how anyone can make a case for him after two seasons of constant injuries and constantly woeful performances.

I can recall him having decent games against AZ and Zulte-Waregem away.

Sell please. Sell. Sell now. Sell.

Guest Knightrider

Technique wise and close control he still has it, but his stamina, confidence and sharpness has deserted him making him a dilly dally type player who isn't quick enough at releasing the ball and unable to beat his man without doing a Milner at every turn. He's finished as a top footballer and decidedly average these days. I'd like to see us peddle him.