Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Haven't kept up to date with this thread. Is there a particular reason for why it's reached 19 pages? Any developments?

Interest from Spurs

Apparently, Spurs have bid 13M :dave:

yep, a spurs fan, who may not be my friend for much longer sent me this http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1157/picture1ea7.png

Wouldn't it be great if he turns down the bigger Spurs offer to sign for the Toon? Revenge is what I am dreaming of... :-(

What pisses me off - assuming these rumours are true - is that first off Spurs sign Modric, our first choice. Fair enough, kick in the balls but we'll get over it. Lets go for our backup target. Hang on, Spurs have lodged a better bid.

So not only do they go for our main target but then our backup? It's fucking ridiculous. After they sign this guy they'll probably STILL buy N'Zogbia and have an entirely left-sided midfield. Fuck the lot of them.

Let's see what happens first. If we want this Turkish lad and Spurs get him (ie another Modric situation) I don't think people will be very happy.

I'll honestly begin to think something's amiss if Spurs sign this guy.

For a start there chairman said that 16 million Euro's was the asking price, which comes to about £13 million, not £11 million.  So the article seems a little bit off, if this one article is all this is based on I wouldn't worry about it.

right so we are supposed to be pissed off about a player we aren't even officially linked with.

everyone slags off the press for telling lies then believes everything they write.

right so we are supposed to be pissed off about a player we aren't even officially linked with.

everyone slags off the press for telling lies then believes everything they write.

Yer what?

As I said, let's see what happens first. IF we want him and he ends up going elsewhere, I can see people being a bit pissed off after the Modric thing, can't you?

Guest MaetihS

Hate  to be right. These so called rising stars will not come to us ahead of the likes of Spurs. FACT! Slag me after we sign these players. I am already prepared mentally that we will sign second raters...any better than that will be bonus. In this way, i will not be pissed or disappointed if one of these linked moves fall apart and go to the likes of Spurs or Everton.

MaetihS ..  Even if that story was true, how on earth does that make you right? ???  If anything it actually would suggest that your wrong.  Why would the Spuds need to outbid us if the player was certain to choose them ahead of us?.. think about it..

Guest birdhunter

http://www.maraton.com.tr/news.php?news_id=45391

this is a more reliable source re the 13 m bid. The funny thing in the article is that Spurs actually are willing to buy him asap cos Newcastle and Boro are in the race also.. but it states that Spurs haven't an exact clue who Arda really is so they will watch matches of him as soon as possible  bluelaugh.gif  mackems.gif ....

I dont understand the problems btw Spurs and NUFC  :idiot2:

Maethis making an already potentially irritating situation infinitely more annoying.

Tottenham are ridiculous if they sign this guy because then I honestly don't know what the hell kind of team they are planning on building. If it happens it will be on to the next for us.

Last time I checked Nasri was still available as Arsenal appear to be dilly dallying so we'll just hijack their shit okay Maethis! So clear off!  :angry:

Maethis making an already potentially irritating situation infinitely more annoying.

Tottenham are ridiculous if they sign this guy because then I honestly don't know what the hell kind of team they are planning on building. If it happens it will be on to the next for us.

Last time I checked Nasri was still available as Arsenal appear to be dilly dallying so we'll just hijack their s*** okay Maethis! So clear off!  :angry:

apart from press reports which are often wrong or downright lies, what makes you so sure we are after him in the first place ?

Last time I checked Nasri was still available as Arsenal appear to be dilly dallying so we'll just hijack their s*** okay Maethis! So clear off!  :angry:

apart from press reports which are often wrong or downright lies, what makes you so sure we are after him in the first place ?

Hence the word potentially. Do you need a definition for that?

i read it as potentially signing for spurs. if he did why should we be pissed off if we aren't even sure we were in for him in the first place.

Haha, 'potentially' sounds like 'patronising'. Coincidence.

Some people on here are mad - here you all are, stating clearly that you realise agents and other clubs will mention other teams being interested to jack up the price. Yet as soon some are mentioned, everyone starts getting tetchy. Here's the thing. We may be interested in signing him, no bid has been made, he would be interested in coming to England, the price seems to be 16million Euros. Those are the facts, it's not too interesting. It's not even June yet.

i read it as potentially signing for spurs. if he did why should we be pissed off if we aren't even sure we were in for him in the first place.

Well then you misunderstood.

I meant the situation as a whole i.e. if it turns out that we were indeed in for him and Spurs trumped us again a la Modric.

Some people on here are mad - here you all are, stating clearly that you realise agents and other clubs will mention other teams being interested to jack up the price. Yet as soon some are mentioned, everyone starts getting tetchy. Here's the thing. We may be interested in signing him, no bid has been made, he would be interested in coming to England, the price seems to be 16million Euros. Those are the facts, it's not too interesting. It's not even June yet.

:thup:

The Modric thing is getting lots of people worried I think. We're still not entirely sure on the ambitions of the new board though (not that I'm saying they have to prove it this early into the summer), so IMO it's quite understandable that they are nervous. Especially when it comes to a player that seems to be highly rated such as this guy.