Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest Knightrider

More importantly, or significantly potentially, I also think foreign agents will be more aware of NUFC or will have at least some kind of idea, if they know their business which most do, too well, of our resources and history of paying top dollar.

People seem to be seriously underestimating this club and our pulling power, it isn't up there with the likes of Man Utd but Europe or no Europe it's certainly fucking up there with Spurs and Everton and probably more so, despite "losing" out on Modric and Woodgate to the former.

I'd wager that NUFC is a more famous club in foreign countries than Spurs and Everton, based purely on the fact we make the news more and have had more famous players playing for us and famous managers managing us.

It won't be for our success :lol:

I think we will be more known in Turkey than Everton and Spurs, what with the Souness and Emre links and generally being more in the news over the years on and off the field.

This is entirely reasonable and plausible so expect it to upset some people.

Isnt Emre regarded as the equivalent of a Turkish Beckham in turkey? They regard him as one of there finest ever players. Im sure becasue of this we may be regarded as the LA Galaxy of England in Turkey - if that makes any sense.  :laugh2:

Guest MaetihS

Being famous and being attractive to players (pulling power and such is another) are 2 different things. I have no doubts we are as famous as the Spurs and likes. But we no longer have the standing and pulling power for most of these players; reasons include consistent under-performance, no silverware in recent years, not a top 6/7 club, unlikely to break top 4 in at least a decade, no europe now and at least 3-5 seasons, club seems to be constant turmoil. Take PSG for example, they are arguably more famous than us, but they are considered a club on the down, and not that attractive anymore.

Being famous and being attractive to players (pulling power and such is another) are 2 different things. I have no doubts we are as famous as the Spurs and likes. But we no longer have the standing and pulling power for most of these players; reasons include consistent under-performance, no silverware in recent years, not a top 6/7 club, unlikely to break top 4 in at least a decade, no europe now and at least 3-5 seasons, club seems to be constant turmoil. Take PSG for example, they are arguably more famous than us, but they are considered a club on the down, and not that attractive anymore.

i think this simplifies the issue - never before in my lifetime has the professional game been so hungry for young players, you're almost considered finished by many if you're not in the first team by 20

wenger in particular has led the game to the point of wanting to hoover up the best young talent from around the world in order to build & develop a team rather than buy it for massive fees; teams like us and spurs are trying to emulate that but you're also forced to compete with teams from other countries too

we've never, never had a reputation for being that good with bairns (perhaps the opposite) but when we signed the likes of pistone/tomasson/jenas the climate was very different than now

a young player will not only look at money, location etc... but also his opportunities in the first team - this might be where our holy trinity & keegan might well trip us up, the manager has spoken of wanting established premier league players yet the club are trying to secure young up and comers from wherever they may be

if i was a bairn and looked at spurs vs newcastle the fact they're buying, training and playing more young players than us might well swing my opinion regardless of anything else like location and so on

just a thought

Guest emre5

If Arda decides to leave and Newcastle are intrested, he'll choose the toon, mainly because of Emre.  But Galatasaray aren't desperate to get rid of him either,  so the offer on the table has to lift a few eye brows for Galatasaray to consider.  I've been reading the Turkish press in regards to Arda,  don't get too excited by the news comming from the press, majority of it is rumours.  Just today I read an article that Fenerbahce are teeing up ronaldinho and eto'o and as plan b they had Deco and Shevchenko lined up. 

Arda's agent has reported no official bids or interest to the club anyway, all you've got is rumours.  All he said was its no secret that he'd like to play in the EPL.  I'm sure there's interest from a few clubs but no official bids.

It seems that people cut some bits from my post and commented on it. 

First of all, I talked about the “image and perception” of Newcastle in Turkey.

Not many people were following the English league on TV before the 90s. Then it became the most popular non-Tr league in the 90s. To us, Newcastle is a top 5 team with a proud history. I bet this is valid in most countries.

+ We are people who tend to make decisions on emotions rather than career-oriented strategies or money. (Personally, I believe that joining Keagan’s new build-up would be a clever one, but many people ignore this here. So, I’m speaking in a way you’d be content with.) Some South American lad can choose Tottenham for money or shopping, or some Serbian guy can go choose Everton to play in the UEFA cup. The thing is, we tend to choose where Shearer has been and where Keagan (, Owen and Martins are.

I really can’t make a global assessment since I’m not an expert but I think that there are many players in the world which would follow this logic.

45' Turkey [1 - 1] Uruguay

13' [1 - 0]         A. Turan

31' [1 - 1] Suarez

Goalscorer tonight.

Uruguay won 3-2 in the end but it was a decent game for a friendly, Turkey changed it around when they were 2-1 up which cost them but that's what a friendly game is for I suppose.

Another transfer than isn't going to happen.

Is this the deal KK is stuttering on?

It's one of them.

i'm losing the rumour here.....is it KK stuttering or the club in general from what you've heard ?

Another transfer than isn't going to happen.

Is this the deal KK is stuttering on?

It's one of them.

i'm losing the rumour here.....is it KK stuttering or the club in general from what you've heard ?

Jeff Vetere has found some young players who he thinks are the next big thing but Keegan won't okay the deals as he's pushing for the finished article who have Premiership experience, Turan is one of them but Keegan wants Kapo from Birmingham, Vetere has also picked Bafetimbi Gomis out and thinks he's got more potential than Adebayor at Arsenal, they went out to watch him a few times and the last time Keegan said he wasn't good enough even though he scored two, set up the third and got MOTM, Keegan wants Crouch instead and the club think he's going out of his way to be awkward even though he agreed to this set up when he took over.

Vetere also wanted him to look at Moreno but Keegan wouldn't even look at him because he felt he wouldn't settle.

Keegan refuses to ok a deal for Turan and Gomis because he wants Kapo and Crouch instead.. ok, you just lost any belief I had in your story mate  mackems.gif

As I said to HTT, believe what you like.

Keegan refuses to ok a deal for Turan and Gomis because he wants Kapo and Crouch instead.. ok, you just lost any belief I had in your story mate mackems.gif

As I said to HTT, believe what you like.

Without wanting to draw out any in the know connotations - are you that confident of your 'source'. Personally, im trying not to be too cynical but i dont think all is right at nufc ( trying hard not to be classed as a doommonger), and i think there is a clash at the club regarding its policy.

However my opiniion is exactly that, i cant really base it on anything solid whereas you seem to be more definitive today. How come?

Wow interesting stuff Baggio. I just read an article in tomorrow's Times that appears to back up some of what you are saying regarding our targets. Quite worrying to be honest!

Newcastle United

Budget About £20 million, and whatever they can generate from sales.

Areas of need Aside from a new contract for Michael Owen, Kevin Keegan wants two or three players who can “set the place alight”. A left back, a centre half, guile in midfield and possibly another forward. Directors want youngsters with a sell-on value.

Targets They have two lists, remember. On Keegan’s, experience dominates: the likes of Richard Dunne, John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch. On Dennis Wise’s: Bafetimbi Gomis, Amara Diané and many others.

Surplus to requirements Stephen Carr, James Troisi and Peter Ramage have already been released. Most supporters would shed few tears if Alan Smith was sold after a miserable debut season. Shola Ameobi will leave, while Caçapa, Charles N’Zogbia and Gérémi are vulnerable.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4004117.ece

I am getting quite concerned to be honest and there might be some truth to what Baggio is saying. Keegan has been going on about prem experience from day one, and the club clearly want to go for talented youngsters.

Looking at some of the names on Keegan's supposed list above is somewhat depressing as it is the same old regurgitated prem players and it does make you want something a bit fresher and more exciting with more potential. Not sure I am happy with Keegans outlook regarding this whole situation.

Oh common, our budget is £20 million but we're willing to bid £18 million for one player.... yet the directors want a list of young players.  Were they planning on signing the likes of Gomis and Turan for £2 million?  mackems.gif  It doesn't take much logical thinking to dispel the s*** from the papers, think about it a bit more FFS.

Oh common, our budget is £20 million but we're willing to bid £18 million for one player.... yet the directors want a list of young players.  It doesn't take much logical thinking to dispel the s*** from the papers people, think a bit more.

For the millionth time the Modric deal was going to be paid as £6.5 million over three years.

It's likely that most of our deals will be done this way from now on.

Guest Knightrider

Wow interesting stuff Baggio. I just read an article in tomorrow's Times that appears to back up some of what you are saying regarding our targets. Quite worrying to be honest!

Newcastle United

Budget About £20 million, and whatever they can generate from sales.

Areas of need Aside from a new contract for Michael Owen, Kevin Keegan wants two or three players who can “set the place alight”. A left back, a centre half, guile in midfield and possibly another forward. Directors want youngsters with a sell-on value.

Targets They have two lists, remember. On Keegan’s, experience dominates: the likes of Richard Dunne, John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch. On Dennis Wise’s: Bafetimbi Gomis, Amara Diané and many others.

Surplus to requirements Stephen Carr, James Troisi and Peter Ramage have already been released. Most supporters would shed few tears if Alan Smith was sold after a miserable debut season. Shola Ameobi will leave, while Caçapa, Charles N’Zogbia and Gérémi are vulnerable.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4004117.ece

I am getting quite concerned to be honest and there might be some truth to what Baggio is saying. Keegan has been going on about prem experience from day one, and the club clearly want to go for talented youngsters.

Looking at some of the names on Keegan's supposed list above is somewhat depressing as it is the same old regurgitated prem players and it does make you want something a bit fresher and more exciting with more potential. Not sure I am happy with Keegans outlook regarding this whole situation.

That's where Baggio is getting his story from man :lol: