Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Like I said I know next to nothing about the player, so he could well be the word beater that people are making him out to be.

But his non selection has me thinking that perhaps even those that know him well, do not have full confidence in him.

If we are looking at players from the historically lesser lights of world football, we should be looking at players like Niko Krancjer, the undoubted star of the Crotian team at the last world cup. He was undroppable and went on to prove a huge success at Pompey.

I'm not sure we should be spending these huge amounts on players whom have yet to fully establish themselves in the national teams of nations like Turkey. Its' too big a gamble and with money apparently in short supply this summer and a lot of work to do, risks should be kept to a minimum.

You've never seen him play and you're talking about how he won't be good enough for us? Are you a complete idiot?

Did you actually read anything that I said ??? At no point did I say he wasn't good enough. Like I said, I haven't seen enough of the lad to say he is or not.

I said based on the fact that he can't dislodge other Turkish "superstars" who have failed in the PL, this puts a big question mark over his quality for me and wheteher we should be taking a gamble on him, if we are indeed interested.

Doesn't particuarilly sound too idiotic to me ??

Like I said I know next to nothing about the player, so he could well be the word beater that people are making him out to be.

But his non selection has me thinking that perhaps even those that know him well, do not have full confidence in him.

If we are looking at players from the historically lesser lights of world football, we should be looking at players like Niko Krancjer, the undoubted star of the Crotian team at the last world cup. He was undroppable and went on to prove a huge success at Pompey.

I'm not sure we should be spending these huge amounts on players whom have yet to fully establish themselves in the national teams of nations like Turkey. Its' too big a gamble and with money apparently in short supply this summer and a lot of work to do, risks should be kept to a minimum.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Wow this forum has smilies and you know how to use them, wouldn't your mummy be proud.

Guest Leftfoot

No one knows if Arda is in the starting lineup tomorrow. I don't think the turkish coach will be stupid enough to confirm the starting lineup the day before the match.

Guest VegasToon

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Wow this forum has smilies and you know how to use them, wouldn't your mummy be proud.

She is proud.  Thank you.  Your post is just so far beyond stupidity it wasn't worth the effort of typing a response.

No one knows if Arda is in the starting lineup tomorrow. I don't think the turkish coach will be stupid enough to confirm the starting lineup the day before the match.

Well I hope he is, so we can all get a look at this so called 'wonderkid'. And people can stops basing their opinions on him solely off youtube clips.

You've never seen him play and you're talking about how he won't be good enough for us? Are you a complete idiot?

Did you actually read anything that I said ??? At no point did I say he wasn't good enough. Like I said, I haven't seen enough of the lad to say he is or not.

I said based on the fact that he can't dislodge other Turkish "superstars" who have failed in the PL, this puts a big question mark over his quality for me and wheteher we should be taking a gamble on him, if we are indeed interested.

Based on one game that isn't even correct yet.

She is proud.  Thank you.  Your post is just so far beyond stupidity it wasn't worth the effort of typing a response.

But you felt the need to go to the bother of reading it fully, then appending a bunch of super funny smilies to it. And you are calling me stupid ??

What do you think we should do?  Spend the same money on players who have established that there good and nothing more, or wait for players like Turan to prove there quality and then try to sign them for £20 million instead?  If our scouts believe he's a player with talent and great potential then we should sign him even for £10 million.

For a start he's made 19 appearances for Turkey already and he only turned 21 in January.

There's a good chance he could be left out if the coach wants a more defensive line up down their left hand side if he thinks Ronaldo will play down the right, you wouldn't blame the coach for that either.

Well I hope he is, so we can all get a look at this so called 'wonderkid'. And people can stops basing their opinions on him solely off youtube clips.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52774.msg1351504#msg1351504

Guest VegasToon

But you felt the need to go to the bother of reading it fully, then appending a bunch of super funny smilies to it. And you are calling me stupid ??

Never called you stupid.  I called you post stupid.  

Who are you to judge what kind of talent he is?  You think Ashley and Keegan are going to waste 10 mil on a player based on youtube clips?  We have scouts, and Keegan has the final say.  If Keegan wants him, that is good enough for me.  

Guest VegasToon

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52774.msg1351504#msg1351504

hahaha, good call.

Based on one game that isn't even correct yet.

I thought we were supposed to type in English on this forum ?

I guess you are saying that: Afar, how can you make that judgement on him based on his selection or non selection for one game?

Well if that is what you meant, can I direct you to my early points ? To summarise: I said we should be looking at the best players from countries such as Turkey. The best players of any country, will play in ALL international games they are available for selection for, regardless of coach, tactics or anything else.

Again I'll say it, cos it just doesn't seem to be going in with a few, his apparent non selection puts a big question mark against him IMO. That's not to write him off as not good enough or crap, it just asks questions why Emre and Tuncay are considered better options for the national team ?

This is so uncontroversial, I'm amazed at the defensiveness that it seems to have generated, for a player I would bet most haven't seen outside youtube.com

We are not talking about peanuts here, we have to be damn sure that he really is going to improve the quality of our first team.

The best players of any country, will play in ALL international games they are available for selection for, regardless of coach, tactics or anything else.

That's a crazy thing to say! :yikes:

The best players of any country, will play in ALL international games they are available for selection for, regardless of coach, tactics or anything else.

It is a rather ridiculous statement.  Just to use Domenech and the french squad as an example, he picks players based on astrological signs. 

So no, the best player is not always playing regardless of coach, tactic or anything else.

Who are you to judge what kind of talent he is?  You think Ashley and Keegan are going to waste 10 mil on a player based on youtube clips?  We have scouts, and Keegan has the final say.  If Keegan wants him, that is good enough for me.  

OMG, it's like debating with a 10 year old.

Let me humour you with a repsonse: I'm no one. I know pratically nothing about the Turkish League. That's not my job to know. BTW a job is something you'll have to get when you grow up.

I qualified all my statements with that !

I'm pretty sure Ashley and KK do not do their scouting on youtube. But virtually everyone posting in this thread, extolling his virtues has only seen these clips, the Euros should give these people a chance to expand their knowledge a little and as Baggio said, we'll probably get extremes of nonesense come out.

Taking a player from Turkey is a gamble, they haven't worked out in the PL before. This will be a huge investment, we've got to be sure it's a wise one.

We've been burnt before by the Vianas, Marics, Emres and alike.

Guest JamesD

The only thing that was negative about Emre was his fitness record. When he played, he typically played well.

It is a rather ridiculous statement.  Just to use Domenech and the french squad as an example, he picks players based on astrological signs. 

So no, the best player is not always playing regardless of coach, tactic or anything else.

I agree it does sound a bit silly. Didn't phrase it well. And really can't be bothered to rehash, what I've said about 40 times before.

The only thing that was negative about Emre was his fitness record. When he played, he typically played well.

I disagree, there were tiems he was great. Sunderland at home and Everton at home in a little cameo, spring to mind but for a large portion of his time when he did actually make his way off the treatment table, he wasn't anything other than competent. He went missing an awful lot, especially in away games.

Another new page another (free) post.

It's a amazing isn't it ? I'm just being antagonistic, to try and get up to the magical 50 pages mark. Wonder what the record is for this forum ?

Guest Sniffer

OMG, it's like debating with a 10 year old.

Let me humour you with a repsonse: I'm no one. I know pratically nothing about the Turkish League. That's not my job to know. BTW a job is something you'll have to get when you grow up.

I qualified all my statements with that !

I'm pretty sure Ashley and KK do not do their scouting on youtube. But virtually everyone posting in this thread, extolling his virtues has only seen these clips, the Euros should give these people a chance to expand their knowledge a little and as Baggio said, we'll probably get extremes of nonesense come out.

Taking a player from Turkey is a gamble, they haven't worked out in the PL before. This will be a huge investment, we've got to be sure it's a wise one.

We've been burnt before by the Vianas, Marics, Emres and alike.

Xenophobic, tbh.

;D