Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

I don't think so, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the oxford english dictonary meaning for xenophobia "the irrational fear of anything foreign". It's just the Turkish footballers that I don't rate, I'm not scared of them or anything. :)

But at least the debates started again, come on page 44 next, you can do it.

Guest Sniffer

I tried to keep a straight face when I said that as I've always wanted to call somebody xenophobic.

The only thing tempted would be fate, don't do it.  might as well spend the dough getting an Andy Cole tatoo on yer leg

:lol: Funny you say that too cos my bro got me Cole on the back of my newcastle shirt for xmas,2 wks later he fucked off to Manure and he got Cole on the back of his Manure shirt,CUNT!No orginally was going to get Emre but hes fucked off now so Changed my mind.Turan mighten join us but I will still prob get him on the back looks a real quality player!Wouldnt really ruin the jersey if he didnt join Newcastle  well unless he joins some wankers like  the Spuds!

Think these are new quotes...

THE agent of Galatasary star Arda Turan has said his client is 'waiting' for Newcastle to make their move.

The Galatasaray winger knows he is going in the shop window during Euro 2008 and could end the tournament with a host of offers.

His agent Ahmet Bulut said: "Arda would love a move to England but we are waiting for Newcastle to make their move.

"A lot of clubs want him.

"He is a great player and people will see that at Euro 2008."

The 21-year-old has spent all his career with Galatasary other than a short spell on loan with fellow Turkish side Manisaspor during the 2005-06 season.

The wide midfielder has made 19 appearances for the national side and scored one goal.

In a recent interview on Turkish television Arda said of the possibility of signing for Newcastle: "I am not sure what will happen with Newcastle, they are a great club with great fans but we will have to see what happens.

"Moving to England is something I would like as it would be a big step for me in my career.

"I am looking forward to the European Championships starting so I can show everyone what I can do and maybe I will speak to my good friend Emre about it while I am here."

Emre is currently in the process of moving from Newcastle to Galatasary's fierce rivals Fenerbache.

It seems pretty certain now we are after Turan, I just don't know why we haven't wrapped this one up before the tournement.  Galatasaray are in a bad situation financially so you'd think a really good offer could make then sell before the Championships.  Instead we've apparently lodged a bit under there valuation..  Which we should know is only ever going to get one reaction "we'll wait until after the Euro's and see if anyone else comes in".  At that point we could either end up paying above the original valuation or losing out on the player entirely, not sure what the logic is in the bid to be honest..

Guest Heneage

The only thing tempted would be fate, don't do it.  might as well spend the dough getting an Andy Cole tatoo on yer leg

:lol: Funny you say that too cos my bro got me Cole on the back of my newcastle shirt for xmas,2 wks later he f***ed off to Manure and he got Cole on the back of his Manure shirt,c***!No orginally was going to get Emre but hes f***ed off now so Changed my mind.Turan mighten join us but I will still prob get him on the back looks a real quality player!Wouldnt really ruin the jersey if he didnt join Newcastle  well unless he joins some wankers like  the Spuds!

Emre's on mine got it before Brum away :(

Guest Leftfoot

Colin Kazim Richards > Turan

FACT

Kazim Richards spent most of the season on the bench for Fenerbahce and it came as a big surprise that he was even picked for the EC and was it was a shock that he was in the starting lineup tonight. Meanwhile Arda was Galatasarays mvp of the season and everyone was expecting him to play.

Terim has a big ego and loves to "invent" new players and tonight he put two young unproven players in the lineup (Kazim Richards and Mevlüt) probably just to prove how much of a genius he is.

Emre is also always a certain starter because of his father/son relationship with Terim.