Comolli Sucks

KaKa

All will be clear at the end of the summer. We all need to hold back a bit.

Couldn't agree more, I keep saying this.

Sadly others are too quick to jump to conclusions, either in defence of the board or to attack them. The media must be pissing themselves.

the issue is that we don't appear to be supporting him in transfers and selecting who he wants in the way he wants to do it. Which will only end one way, unfortunately. We have lost a player he wanted, and he wasn't in on the talks with the player.

Many people harped on about having this "structure" in place whereby changing the manager didn't result in overall change within the club, the point being that any manager worth his salt selects his own staff and does the job in the way he sees fit.

We are putting that in place, and as stated, it will only have one result if Keegan isn't allowed to run the club the way he wants, and if he is prevented from bringing players to the club that he wants, too often. Alex Ferguson and Wenger are the 2 biggest examples of managers running things their way and nobody elses, as sicsfingeredmong says, of which myself and one or two others have also said in the past.

Keegan will walk if he is let down, or not allowed to try and fulfill the potential of the club, end of, and whats more, everybody on here knows it. And 2 weeks ago, he was far from happy.

How do you know those things mate? Are you buying into what the newspapers are saying?

All speculation

the issue is that we don't appear to be supporting him in transfers and selecting who he wants in the way he wants to do it. Which will only end one way, unfortunately. We have lost a player he wanted, and he wasn't in on the talks with the player.

Many people harped on about having this "structure" in place whereby changing the manager didn't result in overall change within the club, the point being that any manager worth his salt selects his own staff and does the job in the way he sees fit.

We are putting that in place, and as stated, it will only have one result if Keegan isn't allowed to run the club the way he wants, and if he is prevented from bringing players to the club that he wants, too often. Alex Ferguson and Wenger are the 2 biggest examples of managers running things their way and nobody elses, as sicsfingeredmong says, of which myself and one or two others have also said in the past.

Keegan will walk if he is let down, or not allowed to try and fulfill the potential of the club, end of, and whats more, everybody on here knows it. And 2 weeks ago, he was far from happy.

How do you know those things mate? Are you buying into what the newspapers are saying?

Lets see now. You buy into what the newspapers say when they slate the fat bastard, but you don't buy into them when it also suits you not to ?

Personally, I have taken Keegans own comments from a couple of weeks ago as spoken. Don't you ?

Along with Morts comments last november about only buying players in January for the future if anybody at all. Incredibly short sighted and stupid.

Lets see now. You buy into what the newspapers say when they slate the fat bastard, but you don't buy into them when it also suits you not to ?

Personally, I have taken Keegans own comments from a couple of weeks ago as spoken. Don't you ?

Along with Morts comments last november about only buying players in January for the future if anybody at all. Incredibly short sighted and stupid.

I have not mentioned anything to do with Shepherd. You have just thrown that one in, so I'll ignore it.

The media are really taking the piss out of us right now, I thought everyone could see that. I have listened to plenty of comments from Keegan, including those where he said he was happy with the situation and that he felt he had the board's backing and cash if needs be. I have concerns, but I am willing to wait until the end of the summer before slating the board and their ambitions etc.

I will ask you again, how do you know he wasn't in the talks with Modric? How do you know the club are not supporting him with regards to transfers and selecting who he wants?

Please answer these questions.

I have not mentioned anything to do with Shepherd. You have just thrown that one in, so I'll ignore it .

The media are really taking the piss out of us right now, I thought everyone could see that. I have listened to plenty of comments from Keegan, including those where he said he was happy with the situation and that he felt he had the board's backing and cash if needs be. I have concerns, but I am willing to wait until the end of the summer before slating the board and their ambitions etc.

I will ask you again, how do you know he wasn't in the talks with Modric? How do you know the club are not supporting him with regards to transfers and selecting who he wants?

Please answer these questions.

no I'm not. I'm saying you only buy into newspapers what suits you.

I agree with you I have concerns, and I'm simply voicing them. Unlike you and others however, I've seen these sort of excuses before, I don't expect the new board to be like that of McKeag etc, but I can recognise warning signs that they may not have the ambition that we hope for and unfortunately for those unable to see or accept it, have came to expect.

Keegan has said that he thinks he should get the player on his own in a boot room and ask him why he wants to play for the club. He has done this with past signings such as Shearer, Rob Lee, Ferdinand, all his major buys if not all.

His comments from 2 weeks ago are very revealing, only those unable to see the possible significance of them won't read it.

Things will have to improve, that is why he said what he did.

All will be clear at the end of the summer. We all need to hold back a bit.

Yeah, it's a case of wait and see rather than getting worked up this early in the Summer.

Missing out on Modric was disappointing but we'll have a lot of disappointments this Summer if that is the calibre of player we're aiming for, the alternative is to move for players with less quality and get them because they're not in demand, I'm not sure Modric was Keegan's idea anyway considering he had to look up our squad on the internet when he took the job.

As Keegan said, going for players of this quality will mean we will miss out on a lot of our targets but if can land one or two then it'll be worth it. (something along those lines)

Let's face it, no one on here knows exactly how our new system works, nor what Keegan's precise role within in might happen to be.

I dont think it is only on here that people dont know how this new system works, I think the people in the system are not that sure.

Jeff V is a chief scout with a fooking ridiculous title.  

Tony J does what a chief exec (or a hired football agent) did & sorts the contractual side out.

Dennis Wise does ??????

Let's face it, no one on here knows exactly how our new system works, nor what Keegan's precise role within in might happen to be.

I dont think it is only on here that people dont know how this new system works, I think the people in the system are not that sure.

Tony J does what a chief exec (or a hired football agent) did & sorts the contractual side out.

Dennis Wise does ??????

I would imagine they have a fair idea what each other do

Dennis Wise does ??????

I get the feeling KK is not on message. I also get the feeling the Director Of The Acadmeny did not have much input in recent players joining the Acadmeny. I also would imagine the Director Of The Acadmeny is hacked off when he reads The Menace is having chats with Peter Taylor about his job.

Dennis Wise does ??????

I get the feeling KK is not on message. I also get the feeling the Director Of The Acadmeny did not have much input in recent players joining the Acadmeny. I also would imagine the Director Of The Acadmeny is hacked off when he reads The Menace is having chats with Peter Taylor about his job.

I get the feeling that most of that is made up, apart from the Peter Taylor bit obviously.

(This has gone way off-topic)

Dennis Wise does ??????

I get the feeling that most of that is made up, apart from the Peter Taylor bit obviously.

(This has gone way off-topic)

You think KK is on message?!? I dont think Joe Joyce had input into the signings of Ole & Fabio.

Take this all with a pinch of salt, think I posted it at the time but is worth regurgitating as it is probably just as likely as anything the press cook up:

I heard that the Mamic brothers made Modric go to Spurs instead of us because we refused to agree to some clauses.

The deal we wanted was the removal of third party control, as the Mamic brothers controlled all of Modric's decisions. We wanted the transfer to involve a buyout that would break Modric's contractual obligations to Mamic, passing on agent responsibilities to Peter Harrison.

Mamics weren't happy with this, they wanted to move Modric onto a bigger club in a couple of years and pocket more money.

The Spurs deal came about with a minimum release clause and a hefty next sale clause.

Take this all with a pinch of salt, think I posted it at the time but is worth regurgitating as it is probably just as likely as anything the press cook up:

I heard that the Mamic brothers made Modric go to Spurs instead of us because we refused to agree to some clauses.

The deal we wanted was the removal of third party control, as the Mamic brothers controlled all of Modric's decisions. We wanted the transfer to involve a buyout that would break Modric's contractual obligations to Mamic, passing on agent responsibilities to Peter Harrison.

Mamics weren't happy with this, they wanted to move Modric onto a bigger club in a couple of years and pocket more money.

The Spurs deal came about with a minimum release clause and a hefty next sale clause.

The press would never print that :)

However when it's Owen & release clauses.............

Brilliant!!! Where is your "I get the feeling that most of that is made up" or does what James type suit your viewpoint?

Brilliant!!! Where is your "I get the feeling that most of that is made up" or does what James type suit your viewpoint?

Forgot who it was, but someone claiming to be ITK through Peter Harrison (and got a few tidbits of info correct to be fair) also mentioned third party info.

I'm just recycling hearsay though, I'm not denying that.

My point is & was that the press pick and choose what they print & make up, to suit their viewpoint ;)

I didn't comment on how true it is or isn't (for the record I'd be surprised if Levy touched a deal like that, seeing as you mention it)

With the way the Modric deal seemed to happen I'm sure there is something shady behind it tbh.

Guest kingdawson

load of steaming bollocks imho. Berbs wanted to add this clause when he was negiotiating a new contract and Levy straight away rejected it, so i fail to see why we'd agree one for Modric.